What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Living life on a knife edge then Bill! A cold in your sunny climate did it come across the pond? Sorry to hear all the dramas going on with your family Joan, it seems to be never ending for many people I know. I'm glad that Peter has a proper diagnosis and can finally find some peace with his condition, half the battle is working out what's wrong with you which now they have managed to sort.

We have been to the Cenotaph today and done the Remembrance Walk with all the Church Groups, Han managed to hold one of the flags (I was a bit concerned she was going to whack somebody with it) as it was bigger than she was. However needless to say she managed to hold it for a while and then passed it over. The weather held and this time I actually walked round with them rather than waiting on the sidelines. It was a lovely mini service and such a lovely turn out.

Kelly and family went to their local remembrance march, it's the first time in 12 years Peter hasn't marched with the Coastguards. He went in uniform but stood with Kelly and the kids this year.

Glad Han managed to hold on to the flag without bashing someone. We watched the BBC London one, it was nice to see the 2 Victoria cross soldiers in the march.

That's nice that he was well enough to attend the procession even though he didn't march. I only saw a little of the TV coverage with the Queen and Princes. It's lovely to see the turn out and see how much love and respect their is for those that have served and those that sadly didn't return. The silence at 11 is a very poignant moment.

They let Han hold the flag at the end so we could take a picture.

The last few days I've been getting more and more frustrated. :grrr:

Before I started knitting Kelly and Peters Snowman jumpers I was knitting myself a cardigan, I'd got the yarn and pattern free for taking out a subscription to a knitting magazine, I no longer subscribe to it.

Finished the Snowman jumpers and got the cardigan back out to carry on knitting but can I find the pattern, no I can't :scream:

I have searched all the places it should be but so far no luck, I keep looking but it's getting annoying now. I know as soon as start something new it will suddenly appear. :eyeroll:

Lol I'd love to see that. Have you managed to find it yet Joan? Could you not download the pattern off the Internet? I do hope you mange to obtain a copy. That's usually my trick nothing is ever where you want it to be when you need it although I'd take that over everything breaking in our house at the moment! Lol the joys.

No not found it yet and I've just gathered the stuff together to start something new. I could get the pattern again but I'd have to buy it and I refuse to do that. OK I didn't have to buy it in the first place as I got it free with the yarn for taking out a subscription to a magazine, plus it's not that cheap to buy it again, I've not done the conversion but it's over $7
I'll just carry on, it's bound to surface eventually.:p

I hope it has surfaced, but I know what you mean, I really don't like losing stuff. I've been looking for a Christmas Quiz for the past two days that we got from the Church Fair, we finally had it completed but I misplaced the original so didn't think a photocopy could be submitted. I've been through bags, bins and every drawer and shelf I could think of then low and behold we found it on the noticeboard where I put it for safe keeping! Sheesh note to self do not put things in safe places if you cannot remember where the safe place is!

:doh:

:roflmao: Wish mine was so easy to find, glad you found yours. :) My knitting supplies are behind me and I've gone through them several times with no joy, I'm going to forget about it and it's sure to turn up when I least expect it. :D

Ha ha I bet he's making a head start on it, on a good note we finally found the Christmas Quiz, we'd stuck it on the noticeboard for safe keeping so I've sent it off to see if we win. I can't remember the last time I entered a competition.

Last years was harder and we still didn't get to find out all the answers, I think they should print them somewhere after the competition has ended so that people can finally work out what the answers are.

Johns Mum was always entering competitions and was very good at them. She won a couple of cars, money, lots of other prizes and John got a holiday to America when he was 16, staying at the Waldorf Astoria in New York.

Among doing a few things around the house I started writing my Christmas cards today.:D

Well I don't think we won because I haven't heard anything but no biggie it was fun while it lasted. That's cool that John's mum won him a holiday, a friend of a friend years ago used to do them all the time and they won loads of stuff. Apparently there is a knack to it, especially with the phone ins and such.

As for Christmas I've wrote a few cards and wrapped a few bits and bobs so not doing too bad. Have you finished all your jumpers yet Joan?

@Bill aww Bah Humbug he says with his Santa doggie avatar lol! The irony! :wink:

Been doing a few bakes of late, I've been using my new bundt tin so I made a lemon bundt cake the other day and then I made a marble orange bundt cake after that. I was a little sad with my tin when I first got it out because I thought I had bought the Christmas Tree design one and I hadn't lol however, the new tin is fab and swirly and the results look great, I told my Dad I'd carved the design into the cake lol, then I told him the truth! I think this week I'm going to make Christmas crumble!

I've been catching up on the accounts recently so now that they are nearly out of the way I can start posting about all the goodies I have been making!

Yes the jumpers are all done Angie, Peter is going to wear his at his works get together. I've finished with the presents for this year and paid for the grandchildren's next years birthday presents. That's the good thing about it I just transfer a set amount for each child for birthdays and Christmas over to Kelly and she gets them what they need so she's the organised one. :D

I did buy Caia's Christmas one this year but she needed bedding for her move to a proper sized single bed so it was easy for me to get her that. It quite often works out I'm the boring Granny as Kelly will tend to get them clothes from me, but at least it means they get stuff they actually want.

We'll be celebrating our Ruby wedding anniversary on Saturday, how on earth have I managed to put up with him for over 40 years. :roflmao:

Glad to hear you're enjoying using your new baking tin, perhaps you can get the tree one for next year. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back