What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations Joan...I think :grouphug:

[video=youtube;nf8ZAMRO1DU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf8ZAMRO1DU[/video]

A Guy

Wow Joan 40 years you deserve a very big medal! I'm glad the jumpers are all done, you must save your kids a fortune as I had to buy Han one for school the other day as they had Christmas themed day and it cost me £15 for one with a snowman on it! She did really like it though but if you have more than one child then I can see it getting expensive.

Are you doing anything nice for your anniversary?

You're getting ahead of yourself aren't you with presents and such talk about being organised, I do think it's nice that you give them money though as it means they can get things they like. Kids are so fickle these days it's hard to keep up with all the trends.

I made my Christmas crumble today which has turned out great, it took a little longer than expected baking wise but other than that it tastes fab! My Dad's pleased too as he's got to take one home with him. :D

At least the kids aren't at the age of demanding this that and the other, they get what they're given like it or lump it. :wink:
The boys are 7 and 8 and Caia is only 2. They're usually grateful for what they do get given and don't really demand the latest fashion etc.

It does get expensive having more than one this time of year, OK she only has 2 in school at present but what with trips, photos, concerts, Christmas dinners both boys bringing home raffle books the school want money for and items they want sending in for prizes etc. She sent me a text the other day saying that over the last few days it's cost nearly £40. :scream:

I know how she feels they seem to do a lot of things this time of year!

Well the Christmas crumble was lovely albeit the little bit I had so I now need to make time for the Christmas cake, Hans also asked me to make a chocolate log but I'm not sure how I'm going to fit it all in! I've finished my wrapping now though and we went to see the panto Aladdin at the weekend which was fabulous, we were howling with laughter! We're now on Christmas countdown although Han finishes school 3 days later this year for some reason so not as much down time together. We keep watching Christmas movies at the minute but we had to buy the movie Elf as Sky don't have the rights to it this year and we managed to track down Home Alone on Netflix. I was laughing yesterday as they had mentioned the Elf film in the paper.

We watched The Secret Lives of Pets last week, and thought it was hilarious. We've had to lend the DVD to Kelly now for her and the kids to watch.
Had a look at the Sky store but to buy and keep it would cost about £13 so I went to Amazon and got it for £10 and it has a card inside the sleeve that enables you to stream it to another device.

Glad the crumble worked out OK, you'll have to hide the next lot so you can get a bigger portion for yourself. :)

Han and I went to the pictures to watch that and then I ordered it on Sky for Han and my Mum to watch, it's a really good film, I'm glad you liked it. I didn't even think to order it on Amazon, I always seem to forget that Amazon do TV although Han got me to buy her Dr Who the other day so I had to suss it out lol! All this technology, even I can't seem to keep up with it!

I know I make the stuff and they get a tiny taste, although if I do make the chocolate log the first piece with definitely be mine, I'm salivating just thinking about it! Mmmmm chocolate buttercream.....delicious!

It's been what you might call a hospital day today, Caia had to go for a blood test and wasn't very happy about it. This afternoon John went for his foot check and they told him they didn't want to see him again, but told him to keep away from nails. :D Everything was healed and he had a good pulse, it's still a bit on the red side but all the infection has gone.

This morning I had to travel to the next county for a consultant to stick a needle in my neck, I'd had a scan on my neck and they found lots of nodes on my thyroids and they wanted a needle sample done on the biggest. I asked why I'd had to come all the way to Carmarthenshire when I live in Pembrokeshire. It took over an hour to get there and weather was awful, chucking it down with rain and thick fog for most of the journey then a nightmare trying to find a parking space at the hospital. The nurse said they don't have a consultant who can do it in the hospitals in our county.

Then to be told by the consultant that if he'd done the original scan he wouldn't have sent me for the follow up as even though there were nodes they were benign but as I'd travelled all that way he might as well do it anyway.

So I'll have a new blood test taken later in the week and by the time the results are through for that and today's test it will be in time for my appointment with the original consultant beginning of January. :eyeroll:

I agree Bill, Joan I think you need to start writing a diary or a comedy sketch about all these hospital visits you go on. They'll make it into a drama series one day called Patients or Patience lol which by now you must have bucket loads of! You heard it here first by the rights from me lol. :p

On a serious note I am glad that even though you had to trek you are in fact ok and that John's foot is much better. Just make sure his fingers are good for all the knitting he's secretly getting up to. I really would love to know where that pattern has gone though although every time it's mentioned I can't stop laughing about it. :D

Aww Caia such a brave girl I'm sure she'll get some extra special presents form Santa for being such a good girl.

Don't ask me how but for some reason I've only just seen the last couple of posts here. :D

I wish I was OK Angie, I knew I should have stuck to ambulance transport, I've been in a lot of pain in my hip since having to travel in the car. It's only a smallish car especially in the front so not the best for comfort and having to sit in one position for that length of time and then having to walk from the car park to the entrance was a nightmare. I was hanging on to John and even that and using my walking stick was a struggle.

Thank goodness for a nice lady orderly who was standing in the entrance and saw me struggle, she went to get a wheelchair for John to use to push me around. He has no patience either so after seeing the consultant no way can you stop for cuppa, it's straight back in the car to make the journey home, of course after leaving the chair in the entrance and walking to the car. :eyeroll:

Oh well onward and upward it's nearly Christmas. :thumbs:

Aww bless Joan, my hip is giving me serious grief at the minute too, I think that's to do with the constant change in the weather for me though.

Today I'm currently waiting for my butter to soften so I that can crack on making my Christmas Cakes I forgot to take it out of the fridge earlier. :eyeroll:

I made Han a chocolate log yesterday which was fab, John is still laughing that Mr Hankey the Christmas poo was playing whilst I was covering it. He had added it to my play list when I wasnt looking. Cheeky elf!

My husband and his humour, never a dull moment!

School has finished now so first day for a lie in this morning whoop whoop, better go and get some breakfast soon because I'm starving!

Kelly's boys finished last Friday, Pete has today off so they're coming round soon plus my Tesco delivery will be here soon so I'll be back later. :wink:

My husband and his humour, never a dull moment!

School has finished now so first day for a lie in this morning whoop whoop, better go and get some breakfast soon because I'm starving!

What, no breakfast in bed? :wink:

A Guy

Well Kelly and the family came round yesterday and gave me a job I've got to try and fix with one of Peters Christmas Jumpers. It's the pudding one and he'd worn it for work and caught it on something pulled a thread breaking it in the process, so I've got to try and mend it. :eyeroll:

Such fun, it doesn't make things easy because of the colour, it's purple so quite hard to see the stitches to try fixing them, oh well I'll try my best. :D

You could always add some custard to the pudding to cover it up. :wink:

@ Bill no, no breakfast in bed he'd make a mess of my kitchen and we can't have that now can we.

I've got to decorate my Christmas cakes tomorrow, I did originally make three but I gave the smallest one to John's friend when he came yesterday so tomorrow I shall be making an igloo and a pudding, well that's the plan anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back