What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D Still got to try the printer Bill, but it's all turned on and working, going back to it when I've finished watching Strictly. I'm glad I got a USB Hub before I'd started it as most things are connected via them. :wink:

Well done Joan, sounds like you have everything under control and in working order lol! The cookies were fab, I also made chocolate macaroons on Saturday which Han absolutely loves. John wants me to make him some Cloud Bread now so I think that will be our baking of choice tomorrow although I do think I should make some more cookies because the house smelt delicious afterwards. :D

@Bill, hope you enjoyed your car time over the weekend.

Your house must have a wonderful smell of delicious cooking I'd think anyone coming to the door would be drooling. :homer_drooling:

Tried the printer and it's all working, we can all print from it.

Had fun and games this afternoon, I have an exercise book which I have ruled off, date, item, out, in and balance in that order along the top of the page. I put in what we spend as we go through the month and transfer that into an Excel book. At the end of the month I'll print off that months accounts and put the pages, there is usually 2, into a ring binder. Each time I log into the bank I'll put a small tick into the entry in my book if it appears in my statement according to the bank.

OK catching up with accounts this afternoon, been busy with the computers so had to finish off September and start October. I needed to add some lines in-between the last entry and the totals at the bottom. I did it how I usually do but somehow lost my formatting.
Shouted John to ask if he could come and help me get it back, after all he's the accountant, now the fun starts, of course I'm doing it all wrong and the columns should be in a different order and more like the bank.

Of he goes changing this that and the other until the months accounts are done and up to date but not the way I have the page set out.

OK I let it go this month an probably go back to the way I always do it when I start October. Now when I ask it to print I usually have 2 pages, this time it said there would be 4. :shock: When it printed I ended up with the end column, balance, on a page on it's own.

Of course he's put an extra column in and it had gone out of the printing borders. :grrr: Of course it was my fault I should have looked at the settings before printing, according to John, I always print portrait and it takes 2 pages. If I'd done it Johns way it would have been in landscape and it would have taken 3 pages. :eyeroll:
I told him, don't forget I'm not an accountant. :roflmao:

I know it's quick but just want to wish Bill a very Happy Birthday and a blessed year ahead.

:party:

:dinesh:

I'll join you Angie, don't know when it is but Happy Birthday Bill when it arrives.:dinesh::party:

Well I've started a clean out of my office, yesterday John took my old monitor and tower to the skip along with a load of old cables. I kept quite a few behind but noway did I need to keep as many as I had. A big box of flattened cardboard and some other bits.
Today I've pulled out the old tower that had Windows 98 on it, think it was one of the first we had, it didn't have a hard drive, that had been taken out to use as a storage drive after being put into an enclosure. There was also one of the bulky monitors as well, that was a good few years old. That had been underneath my backup store of kitchen rolls.

I'm really surprised how much room is appearing, Kelly is having my music centre with a load of LPs and 45s. My youngest grandson is going to start playing the cello and she was saying she'd have to get a music stand, Mum to the rescue again, I've got one of those I said if I can find it, it's what I used to put my patterns on when I did my cross stitch. I texted her back not long after to tell her I'd found it, her reply, Yay! Brilliant, that's saved her a bit of money.

Since they moved school to the new one she's signed them up for some after school clubs. :D

Tried the printer and it's all working, we can all print from it.

OK catching up with accounts this afternoon, been busy with the computers so had to finish off September and start October. I needed to add some lines in-between the last entry and the totals at the bottom. I did it how I usually do but somehow lost my formatting.
Shouted John to ask if he could come and help me get it back, after all he's the accountant, now the fun starts, of course I'm doing it all wrong and the columns should be in a different order and more like the bank.

Of he goes changing this that and the other until the months accounts are done and up to date but not the way I have the page set out.

Of course he's put an extra column in and it had gone out of the printing borders. :grrr: Of course it was my fault I should have looked at the settings before printing, according to John, I always print portrait and it takes 2 pages. If I'd done it Johns way it would have been in landscape and it would have taken 3 pages. :eyeroll:
I told him, don't forget I'm not an accountant. :roflmao:

I'm glad the printer is working.

I used to just insert new lines and columns into my excel spreadsheets by highlighting and right clicking and then just re-set my print area in the page layout section and in the printing options set it to shrink size or fit to one. Lol, John obviously has his accounting way like me and you have your own system Joan, just use your own spreadsheet why fix what ain't broken lol. :wink:

I know what you mean about finding stuff when you clear stuff out, it's great finding homes for things, John's friend came the other day and John was showing him stuff we were getting rid of I told him to take the lot. I've just started to de-tox Hans room before Christmas so we've managed to rid of some old clothes and some games that she hasn't even opened yet. It's amazing how much rubbish you keep hold of! Well done on saving Kelly some money.

Trying to catch up on paperwork today but I think it'll be accounting week this week along with juggling everything else.

I like the fact you do your own accounts though and check it with the bank.

Thank you ladies, I appreciate that :wink:

A Guy

You're most welcome, we hope you had a wonderful day and plenty of car time.

:thumbs:

...Oh yeah Joan my Dad didn't like the chocolate macaroons after all that lol! Han was gutted she wanted to eat them.

OK so getting a new boiler through the government grant scheme, they are installing it next Tuesday. The engineer came on Wednesday to do the check of where it's going etc.
The oil tank has a leak and that needs fixing urgent because of contaminating the ground. Where the boiler is going I have to have my counter top cut and the section made removable because the boilers have controls on top that you need to get too.

Phoned the man who the landlord has working for him, he's a kitchen/bathroom fitter and plumber, he came round and went to check out the tank, thought he'd fixed the leak but oh no, as the evening went on it got colder and the water did as well. According to the controls the boiler was working but it just wasn't firing up and the little container outside that usually has oil in it was empty. Thought it might come on this morning but no, phoned the man again this morning told him and said I wondered if it was a safety feature. Out he comes again, he'd forgotten to turn the oil flow back on, it started working when he turned it on but it started leaking again. :eyeroll:

He said it was the seal that had perished and he'd be back teatime on his way home back from a big job he's working on. So he was going to turn up about the same time the optician was coming to do my eye test, I also had a Tesco delivery today that came early and I've been finishing off a load of shredding.

John took the car in for it's MOT. The optician at the end of the test put drops in my eyes to check their health and told me it could take quite a while before they were back to normal. :eyeroll:

They finished and Richard had to move his van so they could get their van out :p he finished at the tank and everything was fixed, he'd fixed a new seal, he was glad it wasn't more serious than that, He went and I've still got heating thank goodness, he'll be back on Saturday to cut the work surface and make it removable than come back after the boiler is fixed to finish it off and make it tidy, phew.
What a day I'm sitting here now still trying to get my eyes focusing again and type this novel. :roflmao:

OK Richard came about 5.30pm yesterday gave the tank a tweak where he'd fitted the new seal and fingers crossed as of lunch time today no leakage. At the time the heating wasn't turned on so I switched on so oil was pumping through, which usually was when it started to leak, all OK but will keep an eye on it. :scream:

He asked if he could do the worktop last night because his wife wanted to go up to Birmingham for the weekend as they'd just been informed their youngest sons wife was pregnant. :D

He did that while I was getting dinner ready and it's all done and fixed so he doesn't even have to come back to finish it, so everything is ready now for the men to arrive Tuesday and fit a new boiler, I just hope there are no problems with that as my system is so temperamental and fixing one problem throws up more. :doh:

So are we cooking with gas and roastie toastie with the heating now Joan? I do hope so, our heating is off and on like a light switch at the minute due to the constant change in weather....I envy Bill at this point he'll be in his shorts and cruising in the sunshine. :D

Yippee! I have heating, they were late coming because apparently the stuff wasn't ready for them. There is extra stuff been added to the system, a magnet type thing on the down flow pipe to the boiler, a filter fitted to the oil tank, a new container which has the oil showing so you know it's flowing from the tank to the house, because it's a condenser boiler it's had a new pipe fitted to take away any condensation from in the boiler to a drain.

Everything was working when they left but then the rads started to go cold even though it all seemed to be working and it was firing up but it turned out to be just for the hot water. I turned the dial up in the boiler but that didn't start it so I turned the temp in the control unit up and hay presto the boiler fired up and I'm nice and warm, just as it's set to turn off for the night. :eyeroll:

I'm so happy, just have to wait for the newness smell to go. Got my hospital appointment tomorrow and the cars in the garage having the repairs done so it gets it's MOT certificate.

OK shutting down for the night so I can get a couple of rows of knitting done, a few rows to do then I can start sewing Peters Christmas jumper up. :wink: Night, night all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back