What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could always add some custard to the pudding to cover it up. :wink:

@ Bill no, no breakfast in bed he'd make a mess of my kitchen and we can't have that now can we.

I've got to decorate my Christmas cakes tomorrow, I did originally make three but I gave the smallest one to John's friend when he came yesterday so tomorrow I shall be making an igloo and a pudding, well that's the plan anyway.
Don't think that would work, the pudding is on the front high up and the pulled thread is on the back down at the bottom just above the rib, it was a good idea though if the 2 were closer together. :wink:

Do you do your icing as Royal or another type ? I love Royal Icing especially with the marzipan.

Lol yes Bill my Christmas fruit cake would ship well but I don't have your address. I'm still currently decorating them as the penguins didn't make the cut, and the icing for my pudding isn't the right size and I haven't got a cutter big enough to give me the shape so I need to do it freehand. John's upset as he wanted a slice tomorrow and I told him he cannot have some until I finish them. :p

You've got to have pudding and custard Joan it's the law lol, I'm sure your fix will be great. I use sugarpaste icing or fondant depending on what you call it. I only use royal icing for decorating biscuits and gingerbreads.

Finally chilling now after such a long day...the turkey is finally cooked and now we just have to wait for little people to go to sleep!

:sleep-039:

Enjoy your Christmas Eve!......

What was I saying about chilling, I've just found some of Hans presents that I haven't wrapped. #elvesnotdoingtheirjobproperly.

:scream:

And to you too Bill enjoy the festivities and have a wonderful day. Merry Christmas. Xx

23.gif

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Definitely custard with pud Angie, I like all icing, well it's sweet, I tend to associate Royal icing with rich fruit cakes like wedding and Christmas cakes but any type will do as long as there is some. :D

We've had a great day thank you, managed to fit in seeing a lot of the family and then I ended up making the Christmas dinner! Lol, didn't sign up for that but think it's my penance for not letting him have Christmas cake. :p

I will post you pics of our selfies when I get a chance, I never get a proper photo of all of us so took lots of photos just to try and get a few good ones. Even discovered that I had a timer on my phone that lets you take a proper picture, unfortunately my family don't play nice so we have blurring, laughing, sticky up fingers and all those other terrible things that go into taking the perfect pic. Ooh the joys...

On the plus side though we have had a lovely day and we have left over turkey for tomorrow, the only problem with that is I binned my cranberry sauce today thinking I had finished with it so no hot turkey cranberry butties for me tomorrow! :crys:

Ha ha you've gotta laugh, that's so me tidying up!

Enjoy your day guys!

I look forward to seeing the selfies, I know what you mean with regards family picture taking never works out as you plan. :eyeroll:

We had a quiet day just me and John, Kelly phoned in the morning then my eldest son phoned me, he was having to get ready to go to his Dads for dinner, after getting Tristan up. My eldest daughter, his sister, would be there as well but he said she wouldn't stay as her partner was in hospital. Apparently he's a diabetic, type 1, and Thursday he wasn't well so was taken into Intensive Care for 48 hours to try to stabilise him.

Kelly and her lot had a good day, she said the kids had a good time and enjoyed opening their presents. :D

Glad you guys had a nice time, we've had a lovely chilled day today and then finished it off with a family movie.

I've got to try to pick a film, got an email from Sky telling that they were giving me a voucher for £13.99 to pick a film from buy and keep, it's for being one of their customers. Already got 2 DVDs from them as gifts. :D Have no idea what to get, got till the end of the month to pick. :eyeroll:

Lucky you two Dvd's and a voucher, we just got the voucher, however John told me we got the voucher after he'd used it lol. At least you get a choice of what film you're getting. :p What Dvd's did you get?

Another relaxing day today for us but I think the rest of the family is getting restless, we did manage a civilised trip to Tesco and stocked up on a few things. I was going to bake again today but I think that will have to wait until tomorrow now as it's getting a little late now.

I'm still trying to work out what day it is in all honesty, I know Han thinks it's Friday and for me it feels like the weekend!

I know what you mean about what day it is, I have trouble at the best of times never mind when it's holidays. :D

I didn't go through all the movies, got as far as C in the A - Z, but I'd already seen one that we both thought would be OK. I got Independence Day; The Resurgence, already got the first one and enjoyed that. I could have picked quite a lot but went with something we'd both watch.

The other DVDs I got from them were already picked so I didn't get to pick what I wanted and they're both cartoon type films. I haven't actually watched them yet, Kelly has she borrowed them off me before Christmas. :D

Lol! Have you managed to watch your new cartoons yet or has Kelly kept hold of them? We watched Independence Day the new one a while ago. We watched Suicide Squad the other night with our voucher, it's the new batch of superheroes or convicts for want of a better phrase but we liked it and I'm sure there will be a sequel.

We like the Superhero films and who doesn't want to be a superhero, the only thing that got me is when you turn the film off and then realise there's that extra bit at the end that people in the cinema sit and wait for, we had to turn the tv back on to catch the extra ending!

I'm currently busy behind the scenes at the minute stocking up on all my baking pics and typing out stuff. I had to laugh though today as one of my pictures of my Christmas Cake Pudding that I made actually looks super imposed onto the cake board. When I pull them off my phone I'll show you what I mean, I showed John today and we were laughing as the angle of it makes it look fake, I swear it's real though as my Mum and Dad are devouring it!

Not watched them yet, Kelly and her lot are into all those superhero films, the boys love them. They have quite a few of the figures and toys connected with them.

Can't wait to see that cake, plus your other baking items.

Was going to upload their Christmas family photo but not sure if it'll work, I've just taken it so the light in here is not that good and it's a bit far away so I could fit it all in, used my phone. I'll give it a go.
WP_20161230_23_16_29_Pro.jpg
Oh no it's gone upside down, can you turn it round for me please. :plead:

Handsome family (I think the forum turned it because of it's large size. Resized it a bit.

WP_20161230_23_16_29_Pro.jpg

A Guy

Thanks Bill, whoever turned it thank you. I get a new family photo each Christmas. :D

8¼ hours till New Year here, been listening and watching the fireworks over Sydney harbour bridge via Bing Homepage.:)

Thanks Angie, got my appointment on Monday at the hospital for the consultant to talk about the results from the needle sampling and blood test I had taken at the end of the year.

I'm definitely going by ambulance though to it even though John said he'd take me, I'm still in a lot of pain and finding it hard to move after the last time. :eyeroll: Mind you I'll have plenty to say to the doctor about having to make that journey when the doctor doing the test said it wasn't necessary for me to have to go. :grrr:

My neighbour is in hospital at the moment. She had flu and it's developed into a very bad cough and breathing problems for her. Her son is thankful for Facebook at the moment or he wouldn't have known about it.

I wasn't able to sleep Sunday night and about 20 to 3 saw lights of a vehicle coming up the drive, I thought really it's too late for one of her kids to be arriving even though they can arrive late at times, they have to come from Yorkshire or London if it's it one of her sons and they don't set off till they've finished work.

At 3am I heard the vehicle reversing back down the drive went to look out the window and saw it was an ambulance. Monday morning and all seemed quiet but I wondered how she was, her eldest son only lives a few miles away so wondered how I could get in touch to find out as I didn't have his number, I knew he was on Facebook but only used it in connection with his job. Anyway I sent him a private message and said I hoped it wasn't too serious with his Mum as I'd seen the ambulance leaving at 3.

Soon after got a reply telling me he was phoning the hospital his phone hadn't let him know he'd got any messages. He phoned me back later to say she was out of re-sus but her cough was still bad. He came round this afternoon after he'd been to see her again and her cough is much better but she still has a few breathing problems and they're keeping her in for a couple more days.

Apparently he'd had no signal, his Mum had sent him a couple of messages but of course he didn't get them so she phoned the ambulance herself, she's done that before when she was having heart problems early last year, she's 86.

He got up wondering why he didn't have any messages then saw he had no signal so he used his computer to check his emails etc. then saw my message to him. Of course that made him panic a bit but he's pleased to say she is on the mend sitting up eating and he saw the doctors who said she's on the mend but was going to keep her in for a couple of days.

OK the end of another episode in the live of Joan. :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back