What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It got to 100 today, cooled off now, maybe 80. Should cool off tomorrow, looks like low to mid 70's next week. A Guy

It's cooled down a lot for the last few days with no sunshine, it's still been dry though apart from the odd very small shower. Today the suns out but there's a lot of cloud about it's been the Long Weekend around here with roads closed etc. today is the Marathon stage, yesterday it was the cycling with the swim on Friday, it starts and finishes in Tenby for each stage. At the end of the season it's the Triathlon weekend which is part of the world competition.

The sun is out here but it's still a bit chilly so I haven't been out to sort any more brambles out. I've been busy looking and then ordering myself another table to use for my laptop while sitting in my recliner. If you remember I got the one I have now but one of the casters fell off, well the casters are the sort that have 2 wheels in each one and it was 1 of the wheels that fell off. I couldn't put them back in and make them stay in so used super glue and it was working fine with the 1 wheel and the other just sliding. I still had the other caster working OK, it only had 2.

Well the other wheel fell off the broken one and the stuck one wouldn't slide on it's own and the table was getting very difficult to move so John told me to get another. I had got in touch with the supplier to see if I could get replacement casters but they told me the item came from China so I couldn't get any. Hope the new one lasts a bit longer.

The new one should be here tomorrow, this is the one I've ordered.
Upgraded Adjustable Laptop Table Desk Sofa Bedside Table Coavas 5 Adjustable Height Sturdy Laptop Desk Stand Notebook Computer Table with Wheels ( black): Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

Finished putting the new table together, I like it, instead of having to have the mouse on the arm of my chair there's a smaller table at the side just right for it. It stays stationary which is great, the larger table can tilt and has strips screwed top and bottom so nothing can slide off. It's more comfortable to type on as well on a tilt instead of flat.
File 11-07-2017, 16 39 15.jpeg

I know but I don't know it's going to be on it's side when I send it and can't alter once it's here or if I can don't know how.

I know my limits, it's bad enough having to cope with this Wi-Fi connection problem, especially when it stops hubby getting online to the tax office. :anguished:

If you resize to a decent size, say 1000 x XXXX it won't rotate. That image is 3,264 x 2,448 pixels!! :)

A Guy

OK I moved it and took the photo again and resized it so lets see if this makes a difference, the worst part was finding it again after the resize. :scream:

File 13-07-2017, 14 05 01.jpeg

I can see!!! :) I have to think having the table for the mouse has to be 100% better than using the arm of the chair. A Guy

It is Bill and being able to tilt the main table although I don't think Willow would agree. There isn't the space behind the computer now for her to jump up on to, she does have the room on the side where the mouse is but she's more used to the other table with plenty of room for her to jump on too then peer over the monitor or curl up and settle down for awhile. :smileycat:

That table is great Joan, I like the mouse section, there's plenty of room on it.

That table is great Joan, I like the mouse section, there's plenty of room on it.
There is Angie, when they advertise it of course they don't mention the mouse obviously think everyone uses the touchpad, they show it over a bed with a small vase of flowers on it or a mug. :smiley:

I've just ordered the new BT router, it should be here on Wednesday, it's supposed to be about £130 but when I first looked it said it was £65 + postage. When I actually started the process to buy it I got it for £50 + postage. :)

Visited my Mom today, it was 101°...at least she has AC. I usually like to drive home with the windows down, not today AC on, vented seats. Crossing the GG bridge? 64 degrees. Got home to 90°, no AC here. A Guy

Hope she's OK Bill, it's been cloudy here all day till not long ago and the sun came out, a bit useless really it's too late to give anyone a charge. :scream: It's still chilly as well.

Hubby bought me some more lights, this time it's 3 boulders with round spotlights, they throw out quite a bit of light although one of them is a bit dodgy as far as the on/off switch is concerned, but as long as it works, with a bit of fiddling. :eyeroll:

My new router turned up this afternoon so tomorrow as well as doing the washing I'll be connecting it, oh such joy lets hope it does improve the Wi-Fi signal. :smiley:

Well we've had no drop outs since the new router was installed although on mine it doesn't seem to connect when starting the computer up I've had to go in and tell it to connect as soon as possible or the picture of the day wont change, saying that though it actually worked this morning.

Been busy today, although I could have done without it, Monday did a lot of vacuuming but I really suffered for it with my back so Tuesday tried to not do much. Today had a load of washing to do plus other stuff and John wanted help outside putting pressure on to joins while he finished screwing struts together, oh my what with that and standing too long my back is not friends with me. :unamused:

Oh! yes, Johns actually building new guinea pig cages because the others are starting to fall apart. :wink:

Don't overdo it Joan. My Mom does that, then pays for it for days. These are your "leisure" years. Show John that :)

A Guy

I know Bill trouble is we are mothers and it's ingrained in us to just carry on and suffer in silence. :D

I know but you need someone to b*tch and moan to, no use trying it with John he doesn't listen half the time. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back