What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's mellowed with age, he's 14 the end of this month. We got him and another black one when they were both 6 months old in 2003. After we'd had them for 6 years the other one disappeared and we never found out what happened to him. Sooty changed after that and went very bad tempered but as I said he's not as bad now he's getting older. :lmao:

That is sad but I can believe it, for years Sooty still looked for Lynx. Before he disappeared they both were kept inside at night but Sooty very rarely stays in now at night it doesn't matter what the weathers doing.
If he does stay in you'll get woken up in the early hours because he wants to go out, we're sure he's still looking for Lynx. :)

See when you say Sooty it always reminds of the programme Sooty sweep and Sue when I was a kid.

Yes Bill she is a tease isn't she[emoji23] I haven't see the vid so I'll have to check it out on fb. It will be nice to see all your garden lights in action. The blossoms sound lovely.

Aww that's so sweet that the dog left the food. I was dreaming last night that we actually had a dog but I didn't tell Han because she wants one. It was so real I had to check this morning that we didn't have it in the house.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

John's allergic to pet hair and I'm scared to death of dogs so she has no chance. We did do fish bit she found them boring. [emoji16]

See when you say Sooty it always reminds of the programme Sooty sweep and Sue when I was a kid.

Yes Bill she is a tease isn't she[emoji23] I haven't see the vid so I'll have to check it out on fb. It will be nice to see all your garden lights in action. The blossoms sound lovely.

Aww that's so sweet that the dog left the food. I was dreaming last night that we actually had a dog but I didn't tell Han because she wants one. It was so real I had to check this morning that we didn't have it in the house.

I tried putting it on here but it told me it was too big, there is a few seconds that are just black when I'm moving back to the step then it shows the step with the meercats on.

Ha ha ha love it I will get a plastic fish and see if it has the she effect with Han.

She used to tap on the side of the tank and love the fish when we first had them do she probably looked like the woman in the vid, never really thought about what the fish sees.

@ Joan I think she'd wrap the plastic fish round my head if I gave her one. [emoji23]

I did mention the dog and she got very excited until I told her it was just a dream she's now asked for a hamster or a turtle. Lol kids they never give up they're relentless.

:D Poor fish. :D

Is it the loose hair John is allergic too, there are some breeds that don't shed their coats.

:D

Well today I've been doing our washing and out in the garden tackling the brambles coming through from next doors garden, the place hasn't been touched for the last few years and is really overgrown. The person who lived there was hardly ever there, we know he worked for the electricity company but not actual what he did but he was away an awful lot.

We've not been in a position to really tackle it so I'm pushing myself especially while we've got some gorgeous weather and it's dry, had to get myself some new secateurs and strong garden gloves, been using some welding gauntlets but at least it means I can't feel the thorns. :eyeroll:

It's any type of per hair he goes all sneezy and a bit red, I'm a little of the same but I think mine is more for cats than dogs.

How do I not know about welding gauntlets? I've just googled them as I didn't know what they were and have now been enlightened! For years I have been stabbed and poked through the soft gardening gloves I've been using and all along these beauties have been sat there! They would have been great when we were removing the spiky bushes from the side.

I bought some new secateurs not long ago, the new ones swivel slightly which bugs me a little but they do cut really well and have even managed to cut through my bamboo so I can't complain.

Have you managed to get through trimming all the brambles yet?

@Bill hope you had lovely celebrations on the 4th July.

Spear & Jackson 6758GS Razorsharp Geared Anvil Secateurs: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors
Briers Large Thorn Resistant All Rounder Gardening Gloves - Green: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

I've just bought myself these secateurs and this pair of gloves, the gloves are good and work with the small thorns but if I grab a branch with larger ones I can just feel a slight prick through them so at present I'm using a welding glove on my left hand to pull the brambles out and a new glove on my right hand because it fits better holding the secateurs.

I've made big inroads into the mess still some to remove but I now have a gap between my 2 bushes we planted instead of it being filled up with brambles etc.

My other problem at the moment is sorting out my Sky box, usually when we have power cuts and it comes back on there is no problem it just goes to 998 and you just have to input the channel you want and away you go, this time we had a power cut yesterday and when it came back the box was no longer connected to the router via wireless as normal so I've got to sort it out and get it connected again, we can still watch TV but can't get to the On Demand service etc. probably wont be able to record either haven't tried that yet. I'm waiting till todays session of the Tour de France finishes before I start messing with it :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back