What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well John is feeling rough today and I'm not much better having to help him with the guinea pigs, I'd get rid of them but he wont hear of it. :scream:

Aww well at least it gives him something to do, glad he's home although feeling a little rough. The fresh air will do him good and you being with him must make him feel a little better. Hopefully he will get a little better each day and be back to sorting the guinea pigs on his own before you know it. You don't want him over doing it.

Fresh air would be OK if it wasn't raining, the last few days have been really miserable. :unamused:

There's one bright spark though, at the end of the day I have my pretty solar lights, although they are not lasting as long, they need some days of good sunshine. :eyeroll:

We had a eclipse here today. It was already overcast so the dim got dimmer for a few.

A Guy

I'd seen a few mentions online about it Bill, was it a total ? We've got sunshine today, yippee, moved my lights around, well the ones I can move easily, to try to keep them in the sunshine as long as possible. :D

Just looked at the link Bill, there are some good photos there, apparently it's 99 years since it happened over your way then. :smiley:

Lol, we were looking at solar lights the other day in B&Q, they were on offer but because we couldn't work out where to put them we never bought them. I'm glad yours are working though, the weather here has been quite warm and sunny with little sprinkles of rain so not too much to complain about.

I saw the eclipse on the news, John went to see the one a few years back with his friend, I totally missed it. I also saw the images they showed from space of the one over in the states.

Are we due to have another one or is that just ear marked for the states in 2024?

Don't hold your breath!

Britain will not see a total solar eclipse until September 23, 2090, but there are a plethora of partial eclipses in the meantime to keep nyctophiles content.

A Guy

It was 113° here today...113°!!!

My poor desktop weather app when I got to my PC

f1jd3y0.jpg

A Guy

Wow! are you melting there Bill, we started with some sun this morning but it has gone to very cloudy and looking at my thermometer stuck to the outside window it's reading about 15C or just slightly under, this is on the South side of the bungalow.

Can you please send some of it over here please, trouble is this year we've been on the wrong side of the jet stream. :unamused:

Getting better everyday, although some days are better than others. He got the appointment through to go back and see the doctor at the hospital in December, he'll find out then if he can drive again or not.

He had planned to catch the bus and go into town today to take the form into the Post Office so he could get his free bus pass but don't think he'll go now, it's miserable again here and drizzling with rain, it's the sort you don't feel you're getting wet but it just soaks into you and he's not going to risk having to walk around town in it.

Mind you I think there's a bit of idleness in it, like most men who drive it's unheard of having to walk somewhere when you just jump in the car and drive and you're not tied to a bus timetable. I'd be out in it regardless of the weather, after all I thought that's what coats and hats are for, to keep the rain off. :p

:D Told you it was a man thing. :eyeroll: He's gone in today, I'm on edge till he gets home now. :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back