What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been sunny here this morning but still windy and cold, later in the afternoon it went dull and we had some rain but not much yet, just wondering if the rubbish bags will stay where I put them. :eyeroll:

Should I ask @thomaseg1? Or did you just feel like it? 😂

@Joan we were keeping an eye on the bin yesterday, as soon as it was emptied; it was in, didn't want that taking off. On the plus side, at least we don't have a skip. Every time we have one a storm breaks out.

Well, they obviously stayed where they were as it seems they were emptied as usual this morning about 8.30am.

Johns not well at the moment we reckon it's a touch of flu, he's feeling hot and clammy he's lost all his strength, it's one way of getting out of the school run, mind you he's had enough of it and it's affecting his health a lot now. This time of year and weather don't do him any good either so I'll be glad if he stops doing it.

Well, they obviously stayed where they were as it seems they were emptied as usual this morning about 8.30am.

Johns not well at the moment we reckon it's a touch of flu, he's feeling hot and clammy he's lost all his strength, it's one way of getting out of the school run, mind you he's had enough of it and it's affecting his health a lot now. This time of year and weather don't do him any good either so I'll be glad if he stops doing it.

Aww, I hope he gets better soon, flu is no fun but especially this time of year! We could do with a heatwave at the minute.

Thanks guys, he's had his flu jab so hopefully it shouldn't be too bad. Kelly's spoken to the headmistress and she is going to try and sort something out with regards transport so the kids don't have to move back to the previous school, they have to go back in tomorrow and see her again.
Just got to make sure I stay cold free or I'm in trouble, got the sniffles a bit but that's it. :eyeroll:

Oh my, well we wish John a speedy recovery, a protective shield from any germs for you and some quick transport for Kelly and the kids. 😊

On a brighter note, you know Bill's got his shades on and is sunning himself somewhere on the freeway! 😂

He's at the hospital at the moment, he phoned the surgery this morning and advised him to go next door to the minor injuries unit and they gave him antibiotics and a tetanus shot and wanted him to go to the hospital in case he needed a stronger dose. Kelly and Pete took him there and the last I heard he's got an infection from the cat bite and because he's not been well the last few days that could be a reason for his high sugar levels. They were going to put him on a drip plus other things and see how things went to hopefully be able to come home later. I'm still waiting for the outcome and feeling rather stressed out.

Got the house to myself, they were worried about his low blood pressure so are keeping him in over night to monitor him. I'm waiting for him to phone and let me know what ward he's on but if he doesn't phone, Kelly said his battery is low, I'll phone the hospital and ask where they've put him.

I'll just be glad when he's back home, I'm a bit on the anxious side at present.

Thanks boys, he should be on his way home now. I had trouble getting through to the hospital this morning as they'd had an emergency so no-one to answer the phone in the dept: they'd put him. The doctor was with him doing some tests when I did speak to someone. When I phoned again later they weren't really happy as his blood sugars were still higher than they should be and they said it was possible he'd be in for the weekend.
Got a phone call from John a bit later and he said to send in the cavalry he could come home, it would probably be about 5.30 pm when he would be ready by the time they's sorted out the paper work and his medication, they'd pumped him full of drugs and were pleased with him. :eyeroll:

Thanks boys, he should be on his way home now. I had trouble getting through to the hospital this morning as they'd had an emergency so no-one to answer the phone in the dept: they'd put him. The doctor was with him doing some tests when I did speak to someone. When I phoned again later they weren't really happy as his blood sugars were still higher than they should be and they said it was possible he'd be in for the weekend.
Got a phone call from John a bit later and he said to send in the cavalry he could come home, it would probably be about 5.30 pm when he would be ready by the time they's sorted out the paper work and his medication, they'd pumped him full of drugs and were pleased with him. :eyeroll:

Aww bless you, how's he doing?

Aww bless you, how's he doing?
Still a bit sluggish, he's had a lot of pain in his arm, it's ok if he keeps it up but hurts if it's hanging down so he's had a sling on all day.
It's one of the paramedic's fault, the nurse had dressed it in the morning and later the paramedic came along to put another needle in his arm and was rushing and was grabbing his wrist where the bites were and hurting him.
John had a go at him and told him not to touch him again and then complained about him to a senior doctor.
He has to go back Tuesday to see the doctor again at the hospital, just have to sort out being able to get there as the person who brought him home as gone away for a few days and today Peter was ill and nearly ended up in hospital himself, in fact he still might so that's another ride gone.
Johns not sure if he'll be able to drive when he has to go.

Still a bit sluggish, he's had a lot of pain in his arm, it's ok if he keeps it up but hurts if it's hanging down so he's had a sling on all day.
It's one of the paramedic's fault, the nurse had dressed it in the morning and later the paramedic came along to put another needle in his arm and was rushing and was grabbing his wrist where the bites were and hurting him.
John had a go at him and told him not to touch him again and then complained about him to a senior doctor.
He has to go back Tuesday to see the doctor again at the hospital, just have to sort out being able to get there as the person who brought him home as gone away for a few days and today Peter was ill and nearly ended up in hospital himself, in fact he still might so that's another ride gone.
Johns not sure if he'll be able to drive when he has to go.

Rushing and needles should not be in the same sentence. :dizzy: Needles aren't fun at the best of times. Oh my word, I hope Peter is doing ok. Hopefully, you'll get sorted and manage to sort a ride for John for Tuesday. He shouldn't drive if he isn't up to it. Aww bless, I hope you're doing okay with all this going on. 😘

Been there , Docs who miss the vein when trying to to draw blood :dizzy:
Once it took 3 tries.
I

Ouch and and ouch! 3 Times, noooo I'd have gone back on another day!

The paramedic said he couldn't see a vein which John could see quite well and pointed out to him. He had that many needles sticking out both arms pumping in fluids and drugs and doesn't even know why he needn't to put another one in.

Peter was having a bout of Peritonitis and not being able to keep anything in both ends he was also getting stomach cramps. When I spoke to Kelly today he was in bed but not too bad, he's managed a bit of bland food and kept it down.

John will have to catch the bus tomorrow, luckily the bus stop at Haverfordwest is right outside the hospital but it will take over an hour to get there by bus. There's no way he can drive, he's got no strength in his hands and struggled to turn the key earlier when he tried.
++++++++++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back