What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news: I get to put aside the leg brace.
Bad News: 4 weeks (twice a week) of physical Therapy.
I have lost a bit of weight myself since I retired.
Down to 13 stone from just over 15, 17 and 3/4 hands high :)
Glad to hear you've lost the leg brace, let's hope the physical therapy does the job and you're back to normal after your sessions. :)
You're doing horse measurements now then, each hand is 4". :D

Hope you soon feel better Angie, mind you this time of year and the weather we've been having it's not surprising there are health problems around.

I'm just finishing off the last dryer session of my washing I should have done Monday but the washing machine wouldn't work. It's been quite busy today first the BT engineer came, he was booked to come between 12 and 2 but he phoned yesterday to tell me he'd be here at 9, he turned up about 9.30.

I've just upgraded my broadband to Halo 2 Fibre and they sent the latest router, I booked an engineer visit to do the fitting, I'm not feeling up to messing about connecting all the stuff to it. I didn't have to pay anything it came as a free upgrade, I was already on Halo 1 Fibre. In the end I still had to mess about as the Sky Q Mini box in the bedroom lost its connection, well it still wanted to connect to the old router, I put it on a restart and it went through the motions but when it got to finding an IP addy it couldn't. It told me to go turn off the router and turn back on, by the time I'd gone to check John wasn't on the Internet and I'd made sure I'd not left anything open on my machine the stupid thing has reset itself and was working. :dizzy:

That's the broadband sorted, now comes the washing machine engineers, got 2 for the price of 1. they came about an hour later. They were a very friendly pair, they first tried the door lock and put a new one on, that wasn't the problem so next it was the mains panel at the back of the machine and that was the where the fault was so a new one was fitted. When he saw the make of my dryer he mentioned call back but I told him mine was not among the ones effected but he checked and it was OK. He did tell me though that the socket box that my washer and dryer plug into was showing a fault, I can't remember exactly what he said, but it shouldn't be used till it was sorted out by a qualified electrician. I've let the landlord know and he's coming round later to look at it.

I got a deal with them as well, the door seal wasn't part of today's repair with the service people but even though to me it looked not too bad it was getting a bit grubby where you couldn't see it so for a small price I got a brand new door seal, 4 years supply of industrial-strength machine cleaner and the cost of an engineer to fit the seal, so all in all not a bad day. :D
'

Thank you, I do too. 😊

Yeah! Today is a better day for you thank goodness for that. Glad that there has been some good news, friendly people and you've finally got some stuff sorted out. Lol! Industrial strength cleaner, hark at you there, Mrs! 🤣

We had internet issues this morning; John seems to think they were doing an upgrade at the time I was trying to use my iPad, he brought me a replacement and then the same thing happened to his. I eventually got on, though so no bother.

I'm having problems with mine as well since the engineer fitted the new router. I'm having a lot of problems with when I try to go somewhere it tells me it can't find the page or it can't find the IP. Sometimes if I wait for a while it will suddenly go where it is supposed to but others the page just sits there going nowhere. I've just sent feedback to see if there is a problem.

Another niggle is that a few days ago my Bing Homepage image stopped changing, I have it set to give me the new image every day but after it showed the Avenue of Birch Trees it's not changed to a new one since and I know there have been new ones, I'll get it sorted out no doubt.

Richards been around and looked at the socket and apparently it's not got an earth showing so he's coming back around tomorrow afternoon to sort it out.

OK back later time to sort out dinner. :)

Is it a connectivity issue?

Well, we're lucky today because there has been a power cut for over 2000 people in our area and we seem to have missed it. I hope so because John's gone out to his parents so if it does go I'm up the creek without a paddle! 🤣

Has Richard managed to sort Bing yet?

The guys have been around today to sort all the jet washing out, and we have to try and put all the garden furniture back before the storms hit, the only problem with that is that it keeps raining!

We had a power cut but it was during Wednesday night Thursday morning so I knew nothing about it till we got up and had to set the clocks again on the cooker and microwaves.

There's nothing wrong with the connection that's working as it should and I'm getting good speeds it's just the problem with page not found or it can't find the IP. So far today it's just happened once on my desktop and it was when trying to reach BTs diagnostics page, 🤣 , got there by clicking another link.
I'm actually hoping it's just a glitch while the router is settling down and finding its feet.

Richard doesn't have anything to do with Bing, he's the one who does the work for my landlord and is going to sort out the sockets that the washer and dryer go into.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Bing has sorted itself out as the wallpaper changed this morning. :)

We had a power cut but it was during Wednesday night Thursday morning so I knew nothing about it till we got up and had to set the clocks again on the cooker and microwaves.

There's nothing wrong with the connection that's working as it should and I'm getting good speeds it's just the problem with page not found or it can't find the IP. So far today it's just happened once on my desktop and it was when trying to reach BTs diagnostics page, 🤣 , got there by clicking another link.
I'm actually hoping it's just a glitch while the router is settling down and finding its feet.

Richard doesn't have anything to do with Bing, he's the one who does the work for my landlord and is going to sort out the sockets that the washer and dryer go into.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Bing has sorted itself out as the wallpaper changed this morning. :)

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?
CCleaner or Wisediskcleaner can do it and clear your dns cache as well.
If that doesn't work you may have to edit your host file .

CMD run as admin

net stop dnscache> Enter

net start dnscache> Enter

ipconfig /flushdns> Enter

?

A Guy

Ha ha! Sorry, I must have read that quick. You never know it might be his sideline! 🤣

The question is, is Bing now sorted? I'll cross my fingers that the wallpaper changes for tomorrow. Other than that are we all systems go? How are you feeling now? :)

Richard sorted out the sockets, it was a loose wire in the connection in the cable that went to the sockets so that's all systems go, he put the new bulb in the outside light for me as well as that was on the way out. :)

Bing changed the wallpaper again this morning so hopefully that means whatever glitch it had has put itself right.

I cleared the cache last night and today did the ipconfig/flushdns. With the Edge browser you get boxes along the top showing the most visited sites so I just click on the HelpMeBake site box and it brings me straight here logged in. When I did that earlier it brought me to the site with a 404 message in the middle of the screen, I waited a bit but nothing moved so I clicked on the Home button along the top and I was into the forums as I'd normally be.

All this started after the new router was fitted so I'll give it a couple more days and see if it settles down, if not I'll get onto BT and see what they say.

Hi one and all , Just back from Virginia , My eldest Mary took a fall.
Luckily just a sprain ankle and she works sitting. Shelly was in a state
But she perked up riding in the Ambulance with her Mom .
We showed up just as they came home.
She was glad to see me off my crutches and Back with my cane.
I kept Shelly busy making cupcakes , while she rested .
After Todd got back I drove back Leaving Donna there,
To keep an eye on things.
8 1/2 hours but I took frequent breaks so it to close to 11 hours to
get home.

Hi one and all , Just back from Virginia , My eldest Mary took a fall.
Luckily just a sprain ankle and she works sitting. Shelly was in a state
But she perked up riding in the Ambulance with her Mom .
We showed up just as they came home.
She was glad to see me off my crutches and Back with my cane.
I kept Shelly busy making cupcakes , while she rested .
After Todd got back I drove back Leaving Donna there,
To keep an eye on things.
8 1/2 hours but I took frequent breaks so it to close to 11 hours to
get home.
Glad to hear it wasn't too serious Thomas and everyone's OK . That was a long journey, glad you got home safe and sound.

Raining here couldn't get my mail, because I didn't want to try on slippery grass.And the driveway was
flooded.
finally drove my car out to the mailbox :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back