What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That daffodil cake did look yummy. Glad to hear you have a bud opening, I'll have to go and take a photo of my primula to show you.

Just stiff and sore the weather changes aggravate my arthritis

Just taken this photo of that Primula I was talking about, we have the sun out today. The clump is getting bigger every year since it was planted, we had put several in the patch but this is the only one that survived
IMG_0148.JPG

@thomaseg1 I hope the weather picks up for you. 😊

@Joan that's pretty, does it spread? The reason I ask is that when we put the new fence in the garden we cleared the border and we need to put some plants back into it. Anything that is large or spreads would be good just to give it a bit of colour.

@Joan that's pretty, does it spread? The reason I ask is that when we put the new fence in the garden we cleared the border and we need to put some plants back into it. Anything that is large or spreads would be good just to give it a bit of colour.
Well this one has, it started as one of those mixed selections of primulas that you buy, usually in those small black pots of 6 you can get from supermarkets and nurseries. John planted a selection in that small plot, it's surrounded by boulders, but this is the only one that survived and it does get bigger every year.

Well, the daffs didn't last long, they started to bloom the other day, and Han said they smelt like Cat wee, so they went straight in the bin. 😂 I'll stick with my tulips in future.

Pizza, movie and family time tonight.

Wet, windy, blowing a gale, plants knocked over, and some severe tree swaying going on at the minute. 😯

I know what you mean Angie, been blowing a gale here since yesterday afternoon, we've just had the downpours of rain and every so often the sun comes out, but it's cold. :dizzy:
I'm very anxious while this weather is in force and will be glad when it blows away, apparently it's the worst storm we've had for 7 years. :scream:

It's been very gusty this morning with lots of rain, still blowing now but not quite as bad. John went to get the kids from school to take them home and after he's been gone about 10 minutes I went in the kitchen and the door was wide open and a lake of water inside the kitchen. I was not happy, he obviously hadn't shut the door properly and it had blown open again. When he came home and I told him he just shrugged his shoulders and said "I shut the door" :ffs:

@A Guy, you always do know how to cheer us up, don't you. 😂

Good grief where was their common sense going out in weather like that with young children. Just pleased the child wasn't seriously hurt.

I know, words fail me!

It's still wet and windy here and no signs of stopping. We did manage to pop out in between the hail storms this morning but, the wind is picking up now. I think Han just made it to the bus stop before it started hailing this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back