What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The paramedic said he couldn't see a vein which John could see quite well and pointed out to him. He had that many needles sticking out both arms pumping in fluids and drugs and doesn't even know why he needn't to put another one in.

Peter was having a bout of Peritonitis and not being able to keep anything in both ends he was also getting stomach cramps. When I spoke to Kelly today he was in bed but not too bad, he's managed a bit of bland food and kept it down.

John will have to catch the bus tomorrow, luckily the bus stop at Haverfordwest is right outside the hospital but it will take over an hour to get there by bus. There's no way he can drive, he's got no strength in his hands and struggled to turn the key earlier when he tried.
++++++++++

Oh, I hope Peter feels better soon and I hope that John's trip to the hospital goes well. It might not be any fun but at least he's got some transport and it stops right outside. Fingers crossed they are both on the mend soon.

Well, he caught the 11.50 bus this morning and I'm still waiting for him to get home or hear from him, he has to catch the 16.15 bus as that is the last one that will get him home and it's chucking it down with rain. :scream:

Well, he caught the 11.50 bus this morning, and I'm still waiting for him to get home or hear from him, he has to catch the 16.15 bus as that is the last one that will get him home and it's chucking it down with rain. :scream:

Crikey, did he have to be there all day? Or is that the only bus?

He didn't have to be there all day but to start with his appointment was for 1.30 pm but it was over an hour after before he was seen, then he had to wait for results of different test to come back, he finally got home just after 7.30 pm. He was very lucky though, the man sitting beside him was in for tests and it turns out he lives in the next village knew John from years ago and he gave him a lift home, he did have to wait till this man got his results back though. It was worth it though as it would have cost a fortune for a taxi.

You can't go anywhere to and from the village after 6 pm.
During the day there is an hourly service between Haverfordwest and Tenby which starts about 8 am. If you're at the hospital in Haverfordwest and want to get home via bus you have to catch the 4.15 pm and that will get you back in the village at 5.30 pm and that's it. If you want to go the other way you have to catch the bus in Tenby about 5.20 pm which goes through the village at 5.50 pm and that's the last one. There are no buses on a Sunday.

Today he was supposed to go to the doctors to get the wound re-dressed and a swob taken but when he phoned to get an appointment there were none available so he went to the cottage hospital which is next door, where he went the first time, to the walk in minor injury unit. Tomorrow he has to be back at Withybush, Haverfordwest at 9.30 am to see the doctor again to check if he needs to have more tablets. Then on Friday he has to go back to the minor injury unit for it to be re-dressed again. :eyeroll:

He didn't have to be there all day but to start with his appointment was for 1.30 pm but it was over an hour after before he was seen, then he had to wait for results of different test to come back, he finally got home just after 7.30 pm. He was very lucky though, the man sitting beside him was in for tests and it turns out he lives in the next village knew John from years ago and he gave him a lift home, he did have to wait till this man got his results back though. It was worth it though as it would have cost a fortune for a taxi.

You can't go anywhere to and from the village after 6 pm.
During the day there is an hourly service between Haverfordwest and Tenby which starts about 8 am. If you're at the hospital in Haverfordwest and want to get home via bus you have to catch the 4.15 pm and that will get you back in the village at 5.30 pm and that's it. If you want to go the other way you have to catch the bus in Tenby about 5.20 pm which goes through the village at 5.50 pm and that's the last one. There are no buses on a Sunday.

Today he was supposed to go to the doctors to get the wound re-dressed and a swob taken but when he phoned to get an appointment there were none available so he went to the cottage hospital which is next door, where he went the first time, to the walk in minor injury unit. Tomorrow he has to be back at Withybush, Haverfordwest at 9.30 am to see the doctor again to check if he needs to have more tablets. Then on Friday he has to go back to the minor injury unit for it to be re-dressed again. :eyeroll:

I'm glad he managed to get a lift of an old friend and basically that he had some company.

Wow, no buses on a Sunday! I've not heard of that in years! How have things gone for him today then?

He's managing to drive himself now so after his visit to Withybush yesterday they don't want to see him again. He went to the minor injury unit in Tenby today to have his wrist dressed then went next door to the surgery to sort out an appointment to see the Practise Nurse on Monday and arrange to have the district nurses do the dressing on Saturday and Sunday and as he's not housebound he will go to the Tenby Cottage where they do a clinic at the weekends.

He's made an official complaint about the surgery because when he was trying to sort out appointments they weren't listening to him even though it was instructions from the hospital that it had to be done.

Oh dear, I'm glad he's driving and healing, hopefully, he'll be running on all cylinders in the coming weeks.

I don't know about weeks, the doctors told him it could be months before it's fully healed. He's had to put his sling back on today as it's hurting when he holds it down.

He may be trying to push himself too hard but at least it's his right wrist and not his left which he has to use for his gear changing, if it had been I don't think he would have been driving yet. It's a bit awkward turning the key but he's managing.

Aww wow, tell him to slow down and heal properly he shouldn't be overdoing it. Other than the school run does he have to drive anywhere else?

He should really rest, but sometimes life and commitments don't allow that, I hope that he rests up in between. I hope you're coping okay.

He doesn't have to go anywhere else, apart from certain shops he has to go to for pet food. He doesn't have to do the school run anymore, they've sorted it out with the school to be able to get them to school without needing John anymore. I'm coping, well apart from being in pain with a pulled muscle but it's easing.

I know, bless it will get better.

I'm currently sat eating a ham butty and wondering if it's off or not.

I know, bless it will get better.

I'm currently sat eating a ham butty and wondering if it's off or not.
Well, how long have you had it?

John went to the Practise nurse today and he doesn't need more antibiotics, she has put another type of dressing on it that contained of all things, silver, he doesn't have to go back until Friday so fingers crossed it's nearly healed. He said one of the wounds was just small and the other was shrinking but it was the blister that needed to clear. He's lost so much weight though, he's barely over 10st at present, he used to be about 13/14st, he's 5' 10", I'm not surprised though as he's not been eating properly during all this time. :anguished:

I'm healing, not in so much pain now, I have no idea what I did but the pain was from just under my left armpit and across the front of my chest, never mind I'm getting better so still here to annoy everybody. 🤣

Good news: I get to put aside the leg brace.
Bad News: 4 weeks (twice a week) of physical Therapy.
I have lost a bit of weight myself since I retired.
Down to 13 stone from just over 15, 17 and 3/4 hands high :)

I'm healing, not in so much pain now, I have no idea what I did but the pain was from just under my left armpit and across the front of my chest, never mind I'm getting better so still here to annoy everybody. 🤣

Not to be alarmist, but that's some of the signs of a heart attack...

A Guy

I'm sure mine was a pulled muscle Bill, I've been doing a lot more since John's been bad and I've had more than usual mucus to get rid of so I think I'd been doing more than usual coughing to get rid of it and just pulled a muscle. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back