What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [3] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have problems with bushes and trees but they're on my neighbours side but because of the way our place is built, it's sideways on so as the sun moves round we get it in the back/side garden from lunchtime till it sets but you have to have the lights facing the sun to get a charge which restricts where they can go. It's great having the ones in the porch because it means you don't have to have a light on when you get up in the night for the loo as the door is frosted glass and the light shines through into the hall and the loo door is facing it.

They're just starting to light up. :D

Sweet!

[video=youtube;XgvR3y5JCXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgvR3y5JCXg[/video]

A Guy

I have problems with bushes and trees but they're on my neighbours side but because of the way our place is built, it's sideways on so as the sun moves round we get it in the back/side garden from lunchtime till it sets but you have to have the lights facing the sun to get a charge which restricts where they can go. It's great having the ones in the porch because it means you don't have to have a light on when you get up in the night for the loo as the door is frosted glass and the light shines through into the hall and the loo door is facing it.

They're just starting to light up. :D

Ours grows really well especially in the summer when we get lots of rain :p I needed to cut about 3ft of the bushes the other day as they were protruding past the wall and John couldn't cut the grass properly because they were that far out.

@Bill the vid made me giggle, that's probably what happens in my garden with all the animals, from the doves the pigeons the squirrels and the tits we've got it all going on! :D

@Joan the tarts were really yummy, even John liked them and Han definitely does as she's had a second helping today. They turned out really well so I'll have to make a batch for my Dad as he loves pastry.

I'm just looking at my lights now, not sure how long poor Mervin will last, usually when he comes on bright he seems to use his energy quicker. What did you think of my Meercats Angie ?

Ok not sure how many you'll have to turn round but just been to take these.

Twit Twoo

View attachment 3849

Mervin

View attachment 3850

Papa & Ollie plus Marvin

View attachment 3851

Mikey plus Welcome

View attachment 3852

They're lovely Joan, sorry I missed that post! :)

I need to find the picture of the garden ornaments I wanted to get, I saw them in the Range and they were lovely flowerpot people. I'll have a look to see if I still have the photo, they were really cool.

I'd have those butterfly and bee sticks and windmills in my garden if I could, proper airy fairy ones!

I love the sound of the ones you'd like, hope you can find the photos. I can't have that many because the garden isn't big enough. Can't have anything on the other side because it's the shared driveway so looking out my kitchen window it's the drive and trees, looking out the kitchen door it's a space where John parks the car and more trees that are between me and the bungalow behind me, the side where my lights are is where the living room window is. There is a big lawn between the bungalow and the road but that's at the gable end and there's no windows so I can't see what's going on there, plus there's a tall pole in the middle of the grass with the wires for my electric and telephone on.

I don't know if you looked at the photos when my place was up for sale, it gave you some idea how it's set up. :D

Yes I did look at the set up of the house pics but don't remember the garden. You're not doing too bad with the ornaments then, they are fab. I have found the Flowerpot people I wanted, if I had the room I would have bought them. John thinks they're tacky but I love them.

Flowerpot Couple.jpg Ladybug Man.jpg

I saw them in the Range and just fell in love with them, I'd have them greeting you at the front door if I had my way. :D

It's been a great week for me this week I've finally managed to get a lot of baking done. Today I've done scones and some more tarts, I'll think I'll take my Dad some tarts tomorrow.

Don't say it Joan. :zip:

I think those flowerpot people are great and look such fun, are they real plants in them or artificial for show ?

What dad doesn't like a few tarts :p

A Guy

Lol, I won't tell you what he said to me! :wink:

Don't say it Joan. :zip:

I think those flowerpot people are great and look such fun, are they real plants in them or artificial for show ?

They're plastic but they look really good and would look really inviting in the garden.

We went to the Lowry food festival today, it was a nice time out but not as many cake and goody stalls for me. It's catered more towards music, hot food and beer now but we had a lovely walk around the quays looking at the stalls, bought a few bits and Han and Jean had some Churros and chocolate.

Was it last year the food festival had lots of food stalls Angie, you took photos, or was that another one ?

As long as you had a good time, not really the walking around kind of weather here today, chilly and raining then we had a sea mist roll in so it was really miserable.

Don't think I'll get much light tonight the poor things didn't get any sun to charge them, they didn't get much yesterday so they'd be running on what was left in the batteries.

I think even though the ornaments have plastic they still look good and just think you don't have to water them and they won't start shrivelling up. :D

Yeah it's the one we normally go to each year, where they have the baking tent with 'Bake Off' contestants, apparently Nadiya was there on Friday. We saw the kids tent on Sunday but didn't see any other, they have laid it out a little differently and wrapped the stalls around the quays so there is more area to walk through as they now have stalls on both sides giving the foot traffic plenty of room to get by.

We bought a few things but I didn't get any photo's because there were only a few stalls that are relevant to what I was looking for, the others were different types of hot dogs, burgers, meats spices, etc and then there was the stage where the bands were playing. It was nice but we got through it pretty quickly and ended up shopping in the Lowry Outlet Mall. :D

The weather needs to make up it's mind here it doesn't know what to do with itself, it's currently throwing it down. We've not had any sun since a few hours on Saturday. Hans got Football today too so I'm not quite sure how that is going to pan out and my mouth is still reeling from the filling I had this morning so it's all fun and games! :eyeroll:

Ouch! dentist visit doesn't sound like much fun.

Hope Han gets to play her football. Mind you we should expect this weather as it's the time of year for the kids sport days, Connor had his postponed till the end of the week but then it went off OK and he got a first a couple of seconds and a couple of good achievements. Cameron's went ahead on schedule and he did quite well.

I'm with you with regards the weather making it's mind up, it's blowing and raining today and quite chilly, I've got a thermometer on the outside window and looking at it, it is just hovering on 10 C / 50 F

Yeah, I've still got a few aches now but it's from a different tooth, I think it was where the drill was vibrating against it. I'm happy that it's done though and my Dentist is really good, he said I would have a few aches for a few days. I should have really had it done before now but I put it off as long as I could. :p

Aww bless Han played football in her kit and got absolutely soaked! She then changed into her joggies afterwards so she had dry clothes to get into. I ran her a lovely warm bath before I went for her so that as soon as she got in she could warm up. Then while she was in there I made her tea so she could could have a nice warm belly to finish off. She really enjoyed herself and got a medal so she was really happy. :D

We went to see Independence Day last night, I think it's a mix bag of Armaggeddon, San Andreas, Alien and a few other films it was good though and Han really enjoyed it.

[video=youtube;R7a2u8lxWm8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7a2u8lxWm8[/video]

I see Jeff is in this one as well, we watched the first one, without looking I can't remember if we watched it on the TV or from a DVD.
Shutting down now for the night so I can get a few rows of knitting done before bed, night, night. :D

Yeah he's back again, we watched the original the other night but then took Han to see the new one.

Hope you managed to get your knitting done!

It's Han's summer fair today so I donated some cakes for them, I have taken pictures but they look a little washed out. I think it's half to do with the lighting in my kitchen and the bad weather making everything really dark! :unsure:

Anyway here's what I made.

1 Flower cupcakes.jpg 1 Chocolate butterfly cupcakes.jpg

I kept a few in reserve so we could have some after tea. :D

Love the look of the cakes, I bet they were delicious, hope Hans fair went off OK. :D

I didn't get to eat them nor did we manage to get to the fair, unfortunately every year it seems to be like a thunder storm on fair day so we head back to the car as quickly as possible.

Been busy with paperwork today, school run, doing tea early and then took Han to the pictures. We've just watched the Secret Life of Pets.....

[video=youtube;UZ4WBlveGfw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ4WBlveGfw[/video]

It was funny, there was a guy on the other side of us who had brought his family and he couldn't stop laughing. :D

[video=youtube;MNnaO46Ocm0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNnaO46Ocm0[/video]

My favorite part :wink:

A Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back