What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [3] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the back of that Snowman jumper, finished it last night I've now started on the sleeves.

Robin Jumper.jpg

That's fabulous Joan, I love it. Are you making them early because you have the time to do them or is it because you have so many orders for them?

Ok question for you, do you class Gingerbread men as christmassy or all year round? The reason I ask is that I put my gingerbread socks on the other day and Han said that they were Christmas socks. Although gingerbread men do pertain to Christmas I do not classify my ginger socks as Christmas socks so just wondered what you think?

Ooh! Gingerbread men anytime of the year given the chance. :D

I'm doing the jumpers now so I know I have time to get them finished before Christmas, although this shouldn't be a problem with these because it's a thicker wool so knits up quicker. Because most days I only knit for perhaps ½ an hour to an hour before bed I have to give myself plenty of time, especially as I have to knit a large size for them both. Kelly likes big baggy jumpers and they are worn over other clothes.

I will be looking after Caia next week, as it's half term they want to go to the cinema and of course it would be too much for Caia. Depending on the film and times shown it will be either lunch then film or film then food. Peter found where the cinema and Harvester are in Carmarthen so it's a family day out, minus little one. :)

My time on the computer will be very sorely cut that day and I'll probably be a wreck after she goes. :eyeroll:

Had a lovely few hours this afternoon with my beautiful granddaughter. It's so cute when you give her something and you hear this whisper "tank you" can't believe she'll be 2 middle of August. :D

Caia.PNG

Last edited:
Thanks Bill she is, I don't see her that often in the flesh, hopefully Angie can flip the photo round for me when she's online.

Kelly and hubby took the boys for lunch then the cinema to see Angry Birds, it's half term, so I had Caia here for a few hours. They had a nice surprise when they were in town as there were several of the Super Heroes around so they got photo's taken with Batman, Iron Man etc.

Her hubby got a really good photo of him being thumped by Batman by the side of the Batmobile. Kelly was being hugged by Iron Man. :D

Had a lovely few hours this afternoon with my beautiful granddaughter. It's so cute when you give her something and you hear this whisper "tank you" can't believe she'll be 2 middle of August. :D

View attachment 3820

Aww Joan she's so cute, I cannot believe how big she's grown. I love them when they are so little and use their manners they are so funny and full of characters.

How cool was that, that Kelly & co got to hang out with some proper superheroes! I bet the boys were ecstatic. We haven't seen the angry birds film yet, I think we are going to wait and see Finding Dory, I've seen the trailer and it looks fab so when we get a spare minute we will see that. :D

I'm a bit anxious at present, Kelly took her to the doctors this afternoon because she keeps throwing up. She wasn't sure if she was lactose intolerant because she'll only drink full fat milk.

She's had to take her to hospital the doctor says she has a heart murmur and bordering on anaemia, she texts me earlier to say she was on the ward trying to get her to wee. Just having to wait till the next message to come through. :(

I'm a bit anxious at present, Kelly took her to the doctors this afternoon because she keeps throwing up. She wasn't sure if she was lactose intolerant because she'll only drink full fat milk.

She's had to take her to hospital the doctor says she has a heart murmur and bordering on anaemia, she texts me earlier to say she was on the ward trying to get her to wee. Just having to wait till the next message to come through. :(

Oh Joan, I do hope she's okay let us know how she's doing when you have a minute. Kids are really resilient so hopefully she will be good as new in no time at all, fingers crossed.

fingers crossed.png

Thankfully she's on the mend, had to have a blood transfusion as her count was right down. I got a text in the middle of the night that she was still waiting for them to take blood but the doctor had been busy with a special needs baby. Got another just after 7 to say she was in high dependency having to have a blood transfusion.

She phoned me early afternoon to say she's on the mend, she was on transfusion for 4 hours and she was so surprised at what a few ml could do, I could hear her chattering away and playing. It was anaemia apparently drinking the milk was stopping what iron she was getting being absorbed. As Kelly said to them she's at the fussy eater stage and wont eat so was giving her milk to make up for the lack of food, as it's a food.

They've given them some tips and hopefully they'll be allowed home tomorrow, have to wait for some more tests to come back but some they have to wait a couple of weeks before they come back. Her heart beat is more or less back to normal and her temperature is down. Feeling less stressed about her now. :)

Wasn't feeling so happy with my own dealings though. Got the letter telling me to make the appointment for my thyroid consultation. That is for the 29th July at 9.30 am, the doctor had told me that when I got the appointment to phone the surgery and they would arrange the ambulance transport to get me there and back. :grrr: Oh no they don't, apparently the patient has to phone and make the arrangements. They gave me the phone number and I then had problems because she wouldn't accept my NHS number. I told her it was the one on my medical card but no that's not your number it should be all numbers, don't worry we'll get it next time.
I phoned the surgery and told them about it and she said I obviously had an old card as the numbers had changed, she didn't know when and of course I wasn't informed, :huh: anyway she gave me the correct number, she gave me Johns as well because I said he wouldn't know what his was.

Talk about cock ups, it's about time they got rid of all the Chiefs who take all the money and made room for a few more Indians and bring back matron. Rant over. :plead:

I'm so glad things are getting sorted with Caia, bless her, I bet it was quite a scare. I'm hoping she is back at home now too. The lovely thing about children is they take everything in their stride and get back to things really quickly, nothing phases them.

Oh dearie me, you and that Doctor's you always seem to have fun and games with them don't you. :unsure: Sometimes I really do wonder if people actually talk to people in other departments or if anybody knows what they are doing anymore. In business these days they have that many departments you never get to talk to anyone that knows you and you're just a number, unfortunately for you you're the wrong number! :p

So have you managed to book the ambulance transport now then or are you still trying to sort it out?

I think that's the downfall with modern times now, the personal touch is a dying breed and everything is just becoming that automated that people don't care and just switch off. It's such a shame as many relationships were built up over the phone.

On a lighter note I have bought myself some more 'fun socks' as I like to call them, they are my new cupcake socks which I really like, I love the little teapots on them. :D

Cupcake Socks (2).jpg

Oh Angie I love those socks they're so much fun and just the sort for you. :roflmao:

Yes the ambulance is booked they did that when I was on the phone to them. I've always felt like just a number, I was adopted when I was nearly 3 so knowing anything about my medical history is a no go. I found that out when I'd gone for a bone scan and they asked me if anyone in the family had osteoporosis, of course I had no idea.

There aren't too many people at our doctors there's not enough. When we moved to the practice there were at least 6 doctors and of course the different nurses and office staff. There's now only a couple of partners left and one of them is semi retired and they have to get locums in who don't stay long. :eyeroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back