What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [2] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Cory, hopefully you should be able to recharge your batteries before the next batch of orders come in. :wink:

Angie none of the links work, they say invalid link.

I hope you are going to complain about your order, you should not have to put up with bad service when you've paid good money.

Re doing Joan my pc just froze mid posting! :huh:

You can see from the pictures that what she received was not what I ordered, I think in total there were about 8 flowers in the bunch and my Mum had spread them out a little to fill the vase....

Wow thats a big freezer!
What have we been up to... Well it was a busy week! We started with the super hero cake as you have seen. That was delivered Sat. On Thursday we made just under 400 valentine cupcakes delivered to 5 different nursing homes.
View attachment 2179

View attachment 2180

Even one batch of sugar free for a friend.
View attachment 2181

Some chocolate covered strawberries
View attachment 2182

And just this morning finished up this cake.
View attachment 2183
View attachment 2184

Wow Cory you and Robbin have been extremely busy, was the order from the nursing home or did you just make them? They are really lovely and vibrant and I'm sure the recipients really enjoyed them.

The strawberries look divine and you've also managed to do another cake order too, wow you guys are busy!

:thumbs:

I have been making snickerdoodles today, they are a cross between an English scone interior with a light crisp biscuit type exterior covered in cinnamon. They are really delicious...I've had 4 already! Well I do have to taste test them! :wink:

I will post a tutorial for them tomorrow but here is a what they look like.

snickerdoodle   (167)-001.jpg

Last edited:
They look yummy Angie, do you have filling in them like a scone or just eat them as they are ?

I see what you mean about what you ordered and what your Mum got and yes that Tesco bunch do look nice. I'd definitely complain about them especially the time slot being screwed as well, that's bad enough without the upset of not getting what you ordered.

You've got the photo's to show them to compare the difference.

I have posted a review on the site, it may take 3-5 days to show, I think I was honest but fair. I mentioned I had ordered beautiful flowers from them before but I was really disappointed with these ones. There are no reviews on that bunch yet so I'm wondering if they will actually post mine, we shall see.

You can visibly see the difference between what I ordered and what she got, I didn't mention the time slot, didn't want to seem like I was complaining about everything.

With the snickerdoodles they are just eaten as is there is no filling in them, they do have nutmeg, cinnamon and crushed almonds in them and would be great with a pot of tea. They were really nice slightly warm, if anything I would add a little Nutella or chocolate spread to them but to be honest they are lovely on their own.

You can visibly see the difference between what I ordered and what she got, I didn't mention the time slot, didn't want to seem like I was complaining about everything.

Now I would have, you paid for a particular slot and didn't get it, plus the slot they delivered caused a lot of upset. :grrr:

Back to the cake, right by the sound of things you wouldn't want to add a filling, they do sound yummy. :)

Wow Cory you and Robbin have been extremely busy, was the order from the nursing home or did you just make them? They are really lovely and vibrant and I'm sure the recipients really enjoyed them.

The strawberries look devine and you've also managed to do another cake order too, wow you guys are busy!

:thumbs:

I have been making snickerdoodles today, they are a cross between an English scone interior with a light crisp biscuit type exterior covered in cinnamon. They are really delicious...I've had 4 already! Well I do have to taste test them! :wink:

I will post a tutorial for them tomorrow but here is a what they look like.

View attachment 2195

Thanks Angie, the nursing home orders were from my wife's employer, a hospice company Robbin is a home health aide for. So it is nursing homes Robbin also has patients in.

The snikerdoodles sound delicious and look it too! May have to try some of those once the tutorial is up.

Now I would have, you paid for a particular slot and didn't get it, plus the slot they delivered caused a lot of upset.
mad.png

Back to the cake, right by the sound of things you wouldn't want to add a filling, they do sound yummy.
smile.gif

I know you're right but I don't usually complain about things but I do read reviews on things before I buy them so if I save someone from the same disappointment then it was worth it. I only ordered the slot 9-12 because my mum was nipping out. In the event they suss out it was my order or ask me to provide a pic I will be happy too, the order and service was not their usual standard and I have always had a great reception from the flowers I have sent before and they have been lovely, I'm hoping this is just a blip.

As for the cakes they are delicious. :D

Thanks Angie, the nursing home orders were from my wife's employer, a hospice company Robbin is a home health aide for. So it is nursing homes Robbin also has patients in.

The snikerdoodles sound delicious and look it too! May have to try some of those once the tutorial is up.

You're welcome, how lovely that you received an order from the hospice company, that's a big order for you both and even better that Robbin gets to see the patients enjoy your delectable treats. :D

I will post the snickerdoodle tutorial tomorrow, they are quite easy to make and you get quite a lot from a batch depending how big you roll them, you can also double up the recipe to make more and also modify it slightly to cater to your own tastes. :wink:

I have now posted the Snickerdoodle Tutorial, now I am off to make the rest of my tea, the Lamb Shanks are in the slow cooker and now I'm off to prep the lovely salad. :D

Your tea sounds gorgeous, wish I could do things like that but as John wouldn't want it a bit of a waste just for me, like most other meat items. :eyeroll:

The Lamb shanks weren't as good last time and John's was about twice the size of mine although he demolished his and I barely got any meat off mine. I'm glad I made my new potatoes and salad otherwise I would have been starving! :p

I've just been playing about with my USA cups that I have had since last April, I have finally been working out the conversion of grams to USA cup sizes! Hopefully that way it will make it easier for people to convert the recipes. :D

Hope you had a good time at the Zoo I've never actually been to one. Our local one here is getting some rhinos later in the year, the other park in the area already has some. They're part of the conservation program for endangered breeds.

Haven't been to the Zoo in years. Love the Lion house at feeding time. The roars of the lions! You can almost feel them as well as hear them. A Guy

The Zoo a few miles away has Lions, I love all the big cats.

I'm waiting for my food shopping to arrive, had one delivery of sunflower hearts still have the suet blocks to arrive.
I thought I'd make use of my Amazon Prime before it runs out today. I've no intention on paying the new price as I've no interest in wanting to download videos and films on my Kindle and only wanted it for the free next day delivery option. :(

Sorry for the delay I've been a busy bee getting artistic in the kitchen today, I'm working on a cake for my Dad's 25 year business anniversary, the first instalment has been done so now I'm processing my certificates for my workshop on Monday and sorting my register and all other paperwork...ooh that's just reminded me need to do receipts too!

The Zoo was great I have lots of pictures and the kids had a ball, I went with Linda who I used to teach with and her grandchildren, Hannah came too. The lion roars were amazing, although I hadn't realised how big lionesses can be, I thought the males were big but she was HUGE. We got to see the lions, baby tiger but no bears oh my! :p The elephants were lovely and the monkeys kept running off every time we tried taking photo's. They'd sit all poised then as soon as you lifted your phone or camera they were off.

I had no choice with Amazon Joan they renewed before I realised although I do use prime delivery a lot so I cannot moan, I haven't ordered any books in a while and as for the tv stuff well I haven't even looked at that.

I use the delivery quite often which is why I ordered some stuff on Wednesday while it was still valid, it ran out yesterday. I thought it might still be OK yesterday as it was due to run out on the 19th but I ordered something that would have been Prime but it wouldn't work for me, not worried I just went with free delivery it just means waiting a bit longer for it.

I've not ordered books for awhile I've got plenty of free ones on my Kindle plus a few paid for ones as well, I've also got some paperbacks to read. I've more books to read than I've got time for. The Library comes to me every month plus I can get audio books and magazines on my Kindle from the Library, I'm listening to a book at present, when I've finished on the computer I plug my earphones in and listen while doing my knitting before bed.

Looking forward to seeing photos of the Zoo visit, it sounds like you had fun. :wink:

Hi Joan, just a quick hello for now, still busy prepping for my workshop, had a little mix up this morning regarding places but all is good thankfully after a bit of shuffling about.

The zoo pictures are great so hopefully I can get them on the site this week along with the other stuff I have been doing.

Oh yeah Joan, I meant to say that I received a survey email off Interflora before regarding my latest purchase. I have filled them in on what happened and left my details if they wish to contact me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back