What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [2] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I love my fridge/freezer, it's auto defrost so I never have to do anything with that one apart from give it a wipe in the fridge part regularly.
The small fridge is a Beko as well and that's an auto defrost, it doesn't have an ice box as it's not needed for that one. It's just for keeping the veg in for the guinea pigs. John used to put it in my kitchen Beko but it took too much room and didn't leave enough for our stuff. He just goes to Lidl once a week for bags of carrots, sticks of celery, loads of cucumbers, sweet potatoes and celeriac, plus bags of beans and salad leaves. I tell you those pigs eat better than me. :eyeroll:

As for needing all those freezers I suppose it's only the same as having a chest freezer and a freezer that goes with a fridge/freezer. Because of the stuff John eats I need them, I buy a lot when stuff is on offer and freeze it. :plead:

Feeling normal, yes :) Busy as heck though, haven't helped at all at 7F in months :( Not earning my keep...

A Guy

Oh I love my fridge/freezer, it's auto defrost so I never have to do anything with that one apart from give it a wipe in the fridge part regularly.
The small fridge is a Beko as well and that's an auto defrost, it doesn't have an ice box as it's not needed for that one. It's just for keeping the veg in for the guinea pigs. John used to put it in my kitchen Beko but it took too much room and didn't leave enough for our stuff. He just goes to Lidl once a week for bags of carrots, sticks of celery, loads of cucumbers, sweet potatoes and celeriac, plus bags of beans and salad leaves. I tell you those pigs eat better than me. :eyeroll:

As for needing all those freezers I suppose it's only the same as having a chest freezer and a freezer that goes with a fridge/freezer. Because of the stuff John eats I need them, I buy a lot when stuff is on offer and freeze it. :plead:

I think mine is supposed to be all singing and dancing but I defrosted it anyway, to be honest I think I have had it set too high for a while as my ice cream bars almost break your teeth when you bite into them! :p The top part continually had a build up of ice but I'm not sure if that was due to the lack of circulation of cold air in the freezer. I don't think I had enough gaps for it to work properly but having said that I only have three shelves anyway. All our food is mostly fresh so I don't really have much in there apart from bread and maybe a few pies and frozen veg. I do miss my American Fridge Freezer but I just don't have the room for it. :(

I love the way you have a freezer for everyone that's funny, that's a great diet for your guinea pigs, talk about fine dining! We've never had a chest freezer but I do know people who do. I like my stuff fresh and am not a great lover of freezing stuff as for me it just doesn't taste the same. I remember freezing spaghetti bolognese once and then when I re did it I thought never again. I always hear how people are trying to run down their freezers and I often wonder what on earth they have in there.

Feeling normal, yes :) Busy as heck though, haven't helped at all at 7F in months :( Not earning my keep...

A Guy

I'm glad you are feeling better Bill, I know the feeling about being busy, you meet yourself coming backwards sometimes, hopefully things will slow down a little for you and you'll be able to get a breather! :wink:

Yes those pigs get fed really well, as well as the veg they also have dried food and hay. :eyeroll:

I have my auto defrost fridge/freezer set about half way, we've had it a few years and it's never had any ice in it and I've never had to defrost it. The top of the freezer part which is the quick freeze section is always full right to the top with stuff.

Mine has the top quick freeze section with a drop down flap, then 2 large baskets that slide along runners then there is another smaller box at the bottom. It's quite a big unit but of course not as big as those American double door ones, but there's no room for one that size.

I wouldn't need as much freezer space if it wasn't for Johns dietary likes and dislikes, he's finicky and expensive to feed. :eyeroll:

I have now reduced the temp down to number 2 to see if that solves my problem, I don't have a flap on mine, it is an in built one with no ice, I miss that too as the ice maker on my fridge was great in the summer.

My freezer had a slide out tray that went in the top of the quick freeze section for keeping ice cubes in but as I don't make them I took it out so it gave me more height in that section.

That was one trick my freezer had, you could just put the empty ice trays into the slide out tray take a jug of water to the freezer and pour the water into the trays then gently slide the tray back into the freezer before closing the door.
A lot easier than trying to carry filled ice cube trays from the sink to the freezer. :wink:

I found it's easier for me now when I'm making Yorkshire Puddings, I have the tin in the oven with the fat getting hot the mixture in a jug and just open the oven door and pour the mixture straight into the tin instead of taking the tin out and having to put it back in the oven when filled. It does mean I have to get down on my knees though to do it but that's easier than how I used to do it. :D

I have tried filling a water tray and then placing it in the oven but I always manage to spill the water, now I leave the tray in the oven and then fill it with water from the jug.

I don't make yorkshire puddings as I don't like them, Hannah absolutely adores them but I prefer sweet to savoury any day of the week.

Speaking of today we had a mishap this morning with water when Hannah failed to put the top on her water bottle and ended up with an inch of water floating round her bag and a soggy bottom before school started!
:doh:

Never mind we are now on half term so things can only get better! :dinesh:

Oops! poor Hannah did she have another bag to use ?

I think water must be the theme lately, my neighbour has just had central heating put in. She had electric heating before so she's changed to oil, everything seemed to be great and they went Wednesday then last night they were back. I saw her this morning and it turns out it was a leak coming through the ceiling in one of her bedrooms. She ended up with a soggy bed and the ceiling was bulging, apparently they'd knocked one of the old pipes while in the loft and it started leaking. :eyeroll:

She's got to try getting in the loft to see just what damage has been done to her stuff up there, she's 84 so could do without the hassle. :(

No, nor did she have her PE shorts to change into and I didn't have any spare uniforms for her either. I had to pour the water out on the side of the road. :eyeroll:

Oh no how sad for your neighbour, water is the worst, as you know we have had terrible trouble in this house with water and John screwing into water pipes didn't help either. It gets everywhere and plays havoc with everything is their anybody she could ask to have a look in her loft for her, it's not the place she should be crawling a round in. That's so sad when that happens and water damage ruins everything. I do hope she gets sorted out.

So is your John whisking you anywhere nice for Valentine's day tomorrow?

Oh she'll go in the loft herself she just needs her son to lift the hatch, she has trouble with her arms now and can't get them up high anymore. I thought he'd done it today as he came but when I asked her she didn't know he'd been till she saw the note he'd left, she was probably asleep, it's only just over a month since she came out of hospital after pneumonia.

She's always on the go and we've told her to slow down, she has a bit since coming out of hospital but it's just not her nature to be still. :eyeroll:

Not going anywhere, to be honest Valentine day is not something we're bothered about it's just another money grabbing day, to be honest we don't need just one day to show we love each other, he quite often buys me flowers not just special days I've got some now, can't remember what they're called but they're pretty and last ages. :wink:

Oh that's good that she is very able and up and about, I like that. Valentines isn't something we bother with either other than it being my Mums birthday. John is not a slave to the hallmark corporation or moonpig as he says now. Lol! He also does do lovely things throughout the year, the only time I really want cards are Christmas and birthdays everything else I don't seem to mind.

He has made me a lovely origami heart though which I thought was very sweet so I'm quite pleased with that. :D

Now off to see my Mum and inspect the flowers she got At 7:30 am this morning from me! :what:

Wish her Happy Birthday from me Angie. :party:

Well John did surprise me with a card this morning. :D

These are the flowers I have at the moment plus another bunch different colour he bought the other week. Oh and the flowers you see at the back are a vase of artificial ones that sit there trying to hide the board I've put in front of the fireplace. :p
WP_20150214_12_57_06_Smart.jpg WP_20150131_14_21_16_Smart.jpg

Oh talking about freezers this is my fridge/freezer couldn't get a photo in one go as I have to stand up against the sink but you get the idea of how big it is.

WP_20150214_17_26_43_Smart.jpgWP_20150214_17_27_03_Smart.jpg

Wow thats a big freezer!
What have we been up to... Well it was a busy week! We started with the super hero cake as you have seen. That was delivered Sat. On Thursday we made just under 400 valentine cupcakes delivered to 5 different nursing homes.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424027652.620435.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424027664.449916.jpg

Even one batch of sugar free for a friend.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424027702.416346.jpg

Some chocolate covered strawberries
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424027769.882921.jpg

And just this morning finished up this cake.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424027817.899685.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424027832.265921.jpg

Wow you've been busy Cory, well done they all look gorgeous.:D

It's just the bottom part that is freezer the top is fridge, but it is big and I'd miss it if it went as I don't think I could afford to get another one that size. :wink:

Thanks Joan. Yes top or bottom either way thats a very nice fridge. Think we have a week or so of no orders for now so we get some relaxing time!

Wish her Happy Birthday from me Angie. :party:

Well John did surprise me with a card this morning. :D

These are the flowers I have at the moment plus another bunch different colour he bought the other week. Oh and the flowers you see at the back are a vase of artificial ones that sit there trying to hide the board I've put in front of the fireplace. :p
View attachment 2175 View attachment 2176

Aww Joan they are lovely flowers and you got a card too, that's fab.

I went to inspect my Mum's flowers and to be honest I'm rather disappointed with them, I was expecting a lovely vibrant bunch and this is what they sent her. :(

IMG_20150214_135215-001.jpg IMG_20150214_140058[1]-001.jpg

This is what I ordered....

Interflora Valentine Globe.JPG

There is more foliage than flowers and considering I have had much better bunches from Interflora for much cheaper I am quite annoyed, plus the fact I paid an additional £15 for a delivery slot of 9am - 12pm and they were delivered at 7:30am in the morning so pretty much £50+ for an utter shambles. :crys:

My Mum's friend got her a £2.99 bunch from Tesco and they had more flowers in than mine did. :plead:

IMG_20150214_140045-001.jpg

Needless to say if I order in the future I will stick to my normal bunches that are cheaper but much lovelier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back