What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [2] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they will get in touch and compensate for the upset it caused.

Looking forward to next week and seeing the new photos.:wink:

I'm not looking for compensation I am just hopeful that it may prevent the same thing from happening to someone else. I'd be fine with that! :wink:

Well today the heating went south again. :grrr: Plumbers been and got it going again but hopefully when the weathers a bit warmer he can sort it out for good.
Apparently it's the pipes, they're copper at the radiators and going up into the loft but at some point they change to plastic which is what is causing the problem. They are letting in air to the system so they need changing to copper right through so the plumbers got to give the landlord a price for the job. I'll just be glad when the system works as it should instead of us keep freezing. :eyeroll:

Oh no, I don't envy your problems with pipes, I do hope you get it sorted though, I hate being cold. It seems really cold today too, we had the same thing at the workshop tonight, the room was a little on the cool side so we actually felt a little chilly, I was a tad worried as we had some newbies tonight and I didn't want them thinking it has always been like this. They didn't seem to mind too much but I have an idea on how to resolve the problem for next time.

Snack and a drink for me then bed, need to wind down.....night all.

Joan have you sorted your pipes out yet? We are not as cold just wet and windy now.

On a brighter note I have just added an extra workshop date due to popular demand so I have been busy posting the event on here and fb!

I am doing an extra Springtime Workshop which seems really popular, I had a reserves list on my other one so I have decided to add an extra date. My lovely ladies keep telling their friends about me and the workshops seem to grow, I'm hoping the second one sells out pretty fast too, I have bookings already! :D

....Also a quick Hello to Cory too, he popped by again today! I'm sure him and Robbin are busy baking up a storm! :wink:

The pipes wont be sorted out until it's warmer and we don't need the heating, they've got to turn it all off while they change pipes in the loft. At present we have heating, ok it's not at 100% capacity but we're warm and so far when it's gone off we've not been left too long without it the plumbers just had to let out the air and get the radiators running again.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it lasts till warmer weather.:(

I wondered that Joan, I'm assuming Cory may have Air-Con or under floor heating perhaps, that way he wouldn't need any radiators.

Today I have been celebrating my birthday, I have to share my two most favourite things from today, well three actually but one of them isn't to do with me as such.

My first one is my very funny card from the hubby, he sent me the card as a bit of a joke and couldn't wait for me to open it. I do realise that this was the first card he found on Moonpig and this is the reason he sent it.

Birthday Card.jpg

The second thing is my beautiful plaque that Hannah got me. I love the presents she gets me as she spends a lot of time thinking and choosing them. Here is what she bought me....her only concern was that it said Mother and not Mum. I don't care though, I LOVE IT!

Birthday Plaque-001.jpg

The last thing that has made me chuckle today is this article about #The Dress, we have had the discussion in our house. Han and I said it was Blue and Black and John said it was White and Gold.....I cannot no matter how many times I tilt the phone, or iPad or turn upside down or look backwards can see where on earth somebody got white and gold from! Needless to say it has divided the world. :D

the Dress.JPG

.....and the winner is Blue and Black....get in there! Whoop whoop!

:thumbs:

Happy birthday Angie! I see white and gold on the dress but this morning the photo on the local news I seen black and blue lol.
In the floor heating would be nice and we thought about attempting it when we remodeled our bath a few years back. But we use natural gas with wall mount heaters. Our home originally built in 1915 was 100% wood burning for heat and kitchen but was modernized long before we purchased. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425070067.482061.jpg

Couple of cakes the wife did last night. These are also for the nursing homes. She uses these cakes as practice for others.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425070716.030773.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425070725.797250.jpg
One is 13x9 (pink one) the other is 15x18. Not sure how to convert to cm suppose i could have looked them up.

Thanks Cory, my husband said white and gold too although I don't see it at all. Lol! Ah thanks for clearing up the heating and no radiators. Joan and I were wondering how on earth you kept warm. I like the idea of under floor heating but I'm never quite sure how much heat it would provide a room with. Wow your home is 100 years old, thats fab, our last house was about 60 years old and we did a lot of renovations with that.

Excellent work on the cakes, I know roughly how large they are I can tell the size by the pictures, are they more orders you have received? What type of cakes did you make?

Nice looking cakes Cory, congratulate your wife. :)

I take it you have one of those wall heaters in each room ? The place we lived in before here had gas and there were boxes on the walls with grills along the top where the hot air came out. The only problem with them was they were so noisy as when they were on they rattled against the walls, they weren't that efficient either.

Yes we have one in three rooms the other two we just use a small electric heater. Agreed on not the most efficient way to heat, but mine aren't so noisy.

The larger cake was half white and half chocolate and the smaller was chocolate. They are monthly orders for the homes. They previously bought walmart cakes, Robbin agreed to do them for the same price for the practice and since they are just general birthday (no specific name or theme) she can decorate any way she wishes.

Yes we have one in three rooms the other two we just use a small electric heater. Agreed on not the most efficient way to heat, but mine aren't so noisy.

The larger cake was half white and half chocolate and the smaller was chocolate. They are monthly orders for the homes. They previously bought walmart cakes, Robbin agreed to do them for the same price for the practice and since they are just general birthday (no specific name or theme) she can decorate any way she wishes.

That's really great that you have regular orders and executive choice on design, more to the point they are now home made rather than store bought ones. I'm sure the residents/patients enjoy them a lot more. I love it when people give me free reign on design with cakes, that way I can have much more fun with them rather than having to stick to a plan. I have a 70th cake to make in a couple of months and other than the colour scheme and a few flowers I am free to create it as I please. I have a few ideas floating round but ain't think most of the design will be created on the day.

@Bill, John and I got small pixels of the colour and checked them in fireworks because he still tells me it's white and gold. He couldn't believe the white came up as blue, but the black came up as a very dark shade of gold. From the shadow on the dress I could just about make out a little gold but the blue being ultra white nah not a chance lol! How funny!

I'm on mothering duties today as Han isn't feeling very well, she has herself snuggled up in the living room watching movies. We have done the Lego Movie and now we are onto Wreck it Ralph.

Lol that dress me and the wife looking at the same picture in the same lighting both see it different crazy lol.
Today we are making a two tier princess cake for a six year old little girl who has never had a birthday party or cake of any kind. So we are going to fancy it up as much as we can to make it very special for her. Not sure what kind of cake yet but were doing this one for free, no one should go that long without a birthday party!!
Not sure of all the details but the girl was raised by her dad who never gave her a party and recently landed himself in jail. Not sure how the wife came to know about it all I know is someone asked us to make this girl her first cake so were gonna try and make it most special for her!

I know I just dont get it! :D

Oh what a wonderful thing to do, I agree, six years and not as much as a party or cake, how very sad. :( However, I am sure that will all change and she will be delighted by whatever you make her, not only that you are giving her a memory for life.

:thumbs:

I am sure it will be perfect for her. I can't wait to see what you conme up with. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back