What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [2] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right I'm going to suspend the VM and Windows 10 then shut down for the night, I need to get back to my knitting and cast on the sleeves for the first Christmas Pudding jumpers I'm doing. The back and front are done, this is the front minus the pompoms which go between the green leaves to act as berries.
WP_20150124_10_09_32_Smart.jpg

Blimey are you still going with windows ten, bless you I would have given up by now...crikey :what: you're on Christmas already, are you extremely early or just a bit late? I love it though, it looks really nice and very warm.

I have been busy today making my cosmetic cupcake toppers for my upcoming work.

I have also just spotted this and have to share it is FANTASTIC, it's my favourite song Shake it off by Taylor Swift, the cop is FAB!!!! Love it....enjoy!!! :D :D :D

[video=youtube;iqZdeukej9g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqZdeukej9g[/video]

Hehe! I'm extremely early, they had the Reindeer ones last Christmas and want as many as I can knit so this year it's Christmas puddings then I've got to do a Snowman one for them. At least if I do these now it gives me a chance to do my own knitting in-between and they still have a new jumper at Christmas.

Not had chance to log into 10 today but will tomorrow, I like it although I've not explored it fully but I'll definitely get it when it comes out. :wink:

I saw your cakes on Facebook and loved them, it amazes me how you come up with the ideas for them. :)

I saw that video last week but haven't had chance to actually play it yet. :D

See well organised I like it, that way you can get them all done on your time. You're such a busy bee with all your projects you're always up to something. :p

Have you had a look at 10 yet? I've seen the vids John had done which I really like but I'm not on it yet, I'm still on 8 but as long as it works I don't care what system I use.

I did the cakes over the weekend, it's the only chance I will get to do them before the workshop so at least the ladies know what we will be making now. I like different themes as it takes me out of my comfort zone, plus I now have a lot of regulars on the courses and I'm always mindful that they wish to learn new things and not just repeat stuff.

My mind seems to be whizzing with ideas at the moment and I want to try and make a special kind of cake this week if I can, I just have to get the ingredients and then start some magic in the kitchen.

As for the vid watch it when you get chance it is really funny, I danced along with him! :dinesh:

I've had 10 since it came out but in a VM on my Windows 8.1 Notebook. I don't use it everyday but if I start it first thing I'll use it for the rest of the day but there are days where it's not worth starting it up because it's too late in the day by the time I think about it. :eyeroll:

I will get it when it comes out and upgrade this machine but while it's still in Beta I'm not brave enough to have it as the only OS on here. :(

Ooh! can't wait to see the magic that comes out of your kitchen. :D

Let me know what you think of it, I'm fine with eight but I'm sure eventually I'll get upgraded!

Today I have been making a Gravity Defying Aero Bubbles Cake

Well this was the final execution of it anyway, it did start off as a white Aero bubble cake with white and chocolate fingers round the base which I thought looked too much, then I changed the white fingers to chocolate fingers so that the base didn't look too busy and after that I ran out of white Aero bubbles so had to switch to mint, then Hannah touched the bag and part of the cake fell off and I had to run out on the school run mid flow! Lol! :eyeroll:

I have learned a lot doing whilst doing it and if I have enough correct pictures then I will do a tutorial, I have wanted to do one of these for ages. It's not perfect and it was my first attempt so as far as that goes I am happy and have learned a lot whilst putting it together. My next one will be an M&M one I think for the colour factor.

Yes as you know I've already given my comments on Facebook about this cake. I was going to ask if Hannah had had any input with regards this one but didn't expect it to be demolishing it. :roflmao:

She was actually trying to get in a picture and then put her hand on the Aero pack, as my chocolate wasn't quite set some of the balls fell off it! :eyeroll: It seems to be one of those days today, I wasn't sure whether to do a new one or just post today's pic but from the feedback I am getting I am glad now that I posted it.

I have a few modifications I would have liked to have made but overall I am pleased that I have done it. :D

I'm off to iron now and then bed I think, I've most definitely earned it.

Good luck with the ironing, that's something I no longer have to do thank goodness.

I bet Hannah was upset about breaking your cake. :(

Oh how wonderful to be warm again, heating packed up last night. Phoned the landlord about 9pm and the plumber came round first thing this morning.

He changed the pump and again had problems getting it all to work again, this happened the last time, twice he tripped the electric switch. He was bleeding water from the rads doing god knows what in the loft and finally said he had to leave but his son would pop by, he's a plumber as well, this was about 11.30am. He managed to get all but the hall radiator to work and said if we could manage for the weekend it might sort itself out if not phone the landlord on Monday and he'd let them know.

I started sorting out the controls again and checked, yippee it was working. I know one thing he doesn't know how to shut doors, he was in and out and every time he slammed the door, I'm surprised the glass didn't break. :grrr:

Of course it was a rotten day with gale force winds and hail storms on and off.

What made it worse was that we still had an old heater my neighbour lent us last time, of course it wouldn't work so John looks up heaters in Argos goes off to the local depot to pick one up. After putting the base on we find out it's just a fan and not a fan heater. :grrr:

Oh well at least I'm now warm again, just hope it still works after it turns off tonight and comes back on in the morning. :shock:

Aww bless you Joan, that's awful, there is nothing worse than being cold especially in this weather. Your ideal sounds like something that happens to us, if it's not one thing it's another.

I do hope you are nice and toastie this morning and it all works fine, it's one of those things you have to laugh at otherwise you'll cry, if it doesn't work this morning you will have to snuggle up to John and get him to keep you warm. :D

Well I have been up bright and breezy today, the lamb shanks are doing in the slow cooker with a touch of rosemary and stock, I have peeled the potatoes for the mash I will make later. I have just made bacon and sausage for everyone, cleaned the kitchen, put the washing on and now I'm off for a shower before my friend and god-daughter arrive at lunch. Busy day today! :D

It's OK Angie it's working this morning. :dinesh:

You are busy today, hope your lunch goes well. I'm having a sit down before sorting out the rest of dinner, done the Yorkshire pudding mix, that's in the fridge resting, just got to sort out the potatoes and veg.

I'm just watching the Hairy Bikers on best of British.:D

Excellent I'm so glad it's working, I'm currently watching Tina Turner on Sky Arts, wow she's fantastic! We've had a lovely day with my friend, we had a lovely catch up. I'm all done for today so I'm having a little me time for five mins, then lots of work tomorrow, got the accounts to do. :D

I always get hungry when I watch food programs, the hairy bikers are funny though, the lamb we had was fab, now to decide what's for tomorrow's tea, decisions, decisions.

I'm sure you'll come up with something delicious. I agree Dave and Si are funny but they work so well together and I learned something watching them. Paella is the pan it's cooked in not the food. :D

I've decided me and Han will have bangers and mash for tea while John opts for chicken, I daren't eat any more chicken otherwise I will turn into one!

Well you've taught me something Joan as I didn't know that about Paella.

Accounts have now been done! Yeah go me! :dinesh:

Well done getting the accounts done, are these your accounts ? My John is an accountant, he started out at Rolls Royce in Derby.

I understand John spent lots of dollars $$$ so you could get some cake tins :p

A Guy

Well done getting the accounts done, are these your accounts ? My John is an accountant, he started out at Rolls Royce in Derby.

I've just discovered I am a month ahead of myself Joan, the accounts are for John it's the VAT that needed doing so it's all done dusted sorted ready to go. I haven't touched mine yet but they do need doing. I am an accountant by trade so no matter where I go I always end up doing some sort of accounts! Except now I have two lots to do plus everything else lol! :D Ooooh go your John at Rolls Royce v posh. :wink:

Today I have been baking using one of my new tins Bill :dinesh: I was so excited when we went shopping last night as I've been looking for a Madeleine Tin for ages and they had a Doughnut Tin too which I have wanted in forever so I was like a kid up and down the aisle.

I have used one of the tins today and made these lovely treats...Madeleines

John's just been doing VAT returns for someone he does the accounts for, he did the end of year accounts awhile ago, are you a chartered accountant ?

I didn't know him when he was at Rolls Royce, his younger brother has just a couple of months ago retired from there, he was a technician in the instruments section he'd been there since finishing his apprenticeship, I think it was either Comet or Currys where he did that and then they finished him after he'd completed it. :(

After John left RR he went to Breedon & Cloud Hill and was there for about 17 years before we moved to Wales. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back