What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [2] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for a cake Cory. I'm sure she'll love it and yes it's sad she's never had a party.

Mind you neither did I, well I had one, my 70th my daughter arranged it for me and my eldest son and oldest grandson travelled down for the weekend.

Yes we got a rare snow event for our area. Only 3 to 4 inches but for this area thats enough to cause travel problems. Getting started decorating the cake now that magically turned into a three tier cake overnight. Pics to follow.

I don't do snow unless I don't have to go out in it. A few inches causes potential havoc and becomes a nightmare to navigate. I'm really looking forward to this cake, I may be more excited than the recipient. I'm sure she will be truly delighted by the effort you have put in. How lovely you are making it a three tier, she will be ecstatic. :D

@Bill it is still Black and blue lol!

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for a cake Cory. I'm sure she'll love it and yes it's sad she's never had a party.

Mind you neither did I, well I had one, my 70th my daughter arranged it for me and my eldest son and oldest grandson travelled down for the weekend.

Geez Joan now we want to make you a cake too. No one should go without a birthday cake/party for so long.

She would love that Cory, if I lived nearer to her I would have been round with one.

Here is the cake Cory has been talking about
c953bf1c5a15ae31cb1ea5020888c54a.jpg

4c81707da582fd093b08d1102d66d9d3.jpg

Aww Robbin that is so party princess, it is Fabulous! :D I love the navy/purple colour it just pops right off the cake and I am sure she will be thrilled that she can get to keep the tiara, beads and wand afterwards. What a wonderful gesture from you both. I'm not sure anyone will be able to top that and to be honest I think it was definitely worth waiting for.

:thumbs:

I have just shown my daughter the picture, she loves the cushioned effect on the second tier, and says that's her favourite. She thinks it is wonderful!

I did mean to ask you guys if you have a folder or portfolio of pictures printed out and put in a file of all the recent cakes you have been making? You may already have one but they are a great visual to show people the things that you can do and may interest people into booking more orders with you. They are also great to look at and see how many different cakes and designs you have done over time as well....just a thought. :D

Thanks,
a60e0648205d8d242911231088340e17.jpg
... That is the little girl.. Just warms my heart that she loves it.. And yes ma'am i do have a folder for my cake and a web site https://www.facebook.com/Rclinesweetreats
Just made me some business cards to.. Thanks for all the kind words, makes me happy to hear what others think[emoji2]

Last edited:
Awww, thank you for posting the picture, how adorable, you can tell she is thoroughly delighted with it. You are truly selfless to make and do such a wonderful gesture and this is something she will remember for the rest of her life. I love it when people take the time to help others for nothing in return.

I will like your fb page and congratulations on the business cards, you are most welcome on the words, you are doing a lovely job for other people and bringing a smile to people along the way.

Thank you for continuing to share your creations. :D

That is a great cake and the little girl looks thrilled to bits with it. That will make a wonderful centre piece for the party, well done. I like the idea of the decoration being able to be kept and played with, it's a brilliant idea and one I've not seen before.

Thanks for the thoughts about a cake but don't worry about it, what you never have you don't miss, the time when I was growing up parties weren't a common event, well not where I grew up. :wink:

I must admit I have made an effort with parties where Hannah is concerned as they were few and far between when I was a child. I think every or adult should have one. We tend to celebrate milestone birthdays now as adults rather than the yearly ones.

Today I have been posting a few new recipe and guides on to the site and helped out a little behind the scenes. :D

Flowers seem to have given me food for thought today so I am now considering some other flowers in my up coming workshops.

When I was growing up 21 was the milestone birthday and I didn't even get to celebrate that one as I was busy with a baby at the time. :D

Aww Joan, I know back in the day 18th and 21st birthdays were the ones to celebrate whereas now we try and celebrate decades although they don't always go to plan. We don't do parties as such we just try and make an effort to celebrate them. On John's 40th Hannah had sun stroke so she ended up in bed for the evening. Still a memory though, just the wrong kind. :p

Poor Hannah, at least John will remember that one.

The 18th birthday wasn't important till they lowered the voting age in the 1970s, I believe it was 1969 in the UK. I was married with a couple of youngsters by then, that was the first time. :wink:

I know, he still moans about it now lol! Ah see you learn something new everyday, I didn't know that. When I was growing up everyone celebrated 18th and 21st's. I had an 18th party I don't think I had a cake though just the party. I didn't have a party on my 21st I just went out for a lovely meal and then to Manchester with John, it was a great night.

Now back to the present, I have been rather productive today, I have been working through my 'Things to do list' and got quite a few things ticked off. :D I think tomorrow may be more of the same, even ploughing through the in tray and working on my accounts for a change. I have ordered a doughnut maker though so I am going to test this out against my doughnut tray and see which one wins. I think it will be the machine but we will have to wait and see. :wink: Either way Han will be taste testing again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back