What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well got my transport sorted out to take me for my second jab next Friday, the Fire Brigade are taking me.
Well actually some of the boys from the Tenby station are acting as volunteers taking people for their appointments, it's one of Kelly's husband's friends taking me.

I phoned Kelly to tell her and a bit later she texted me to say Peter had had a phone call from his friend asking him if it was me he was booked to take next Friday.

Kelly will meet us there and she'll get a wheelchair ready for me and go in with me again.

Nice Joan :)

Got my jab today. Johnson&Johnson, so only 1 dose. I'll be good to go in a couple of weeks :D No ill effects so far

Bill Gates says Hi.jpg

Oh, Bill Gates says Hi

A Guy

Glad to hear you've had no side effects, I didn't with my first jab which was the Pfizer one, it will probably be the same make again for the second.

Yeah! I'm so pleased you guys have now got your jabs done and even better now that Joan's on for her second one! Blimey, there's no flies on you, missus. But genuinely, I'm so glad you've got transport, wheelchairs and the second jab all in hand. Once you've got that sorted, you can then carry on sorting everything else out.

I sorted the garage out some more today. I've rearranged a few things about; we still have loads to get rid of, but at least things are now near each other, so I don't spend my life looking for things.

I think Joan must be rubbing off on me, Bill; you'll be on the tidy up and chuck out shortly. 🤓

Wow! you've been there longer than I've lived here, which is 28 years this year, it's the longest I've lived anywhere.

I'll let you know when I manage to live anywhere that long! 🤣

@Joan, I meant to ask how's your hand doing now?

@A Guy, I take it you really like where you are then? I bet it's changed somewhat over the years?

I'll let you know when I manage to live anywhere that long! 🤣

@Joan, I meant to ask how's your hand doing now?
It's ok still a bit pink but the swelling has gone down and it just needs to go back to the same colour as my left hand again. I can still feel a bit of tension when I squeeze my hand but at least it doesn't hurt now.

The thing is, the rent hasn't kept pace with other places. It's far from cheap, but if I moved, it could be as much as $1,000 a month more! It's also nice being the oldest tenant :) It's not extra fancy, but you pay for extra fancy

A Guy

It's ok still a bit pink but the swelling has gone down and it just needs to go back to the same colour as my left hand again. I can still feel a bit of tension when I squeeze my hand but at least it doesn't hurt now.
I'm glad it's on the mend; I take it; the antibiotics and the salt baths work then?

The thing is, the rent hasn't kept pace with other places. It's far from cheap, but if I moved, it could be as much as $1,000 a month more! It's also nice being the oldest tenant :) It's not extra fancy, but you pay for extra fancy

A Guy
I remember you saying that other places were much dearer than where you are, which is one of the reasons you've stayed. You must have seen a whole host of people come and go then. Has anyone been there nearly as long as you?

I trimmed a few of the hedges today so John can clean the two ball finials on the top of the wall. Other than that, I haven't really done much as I've hurt my hip, and now I've just managed to break the hoover! It has been going for a while, the hoover that is, 😂 but now I've really broken the tube it two places, so it's finally caput!

What on earth have you been doing to your poor hoover, you must be very aggressive with the poor thing. 🤣 :scream:

What on earth have you been doing to your poor hoover, you must be very aggressive with the poor thing. 🤣 :scream:

Hoovering, when I did the stairs, 🤣 the tube doesn't bend how I want it too, so it split in two places. It has split before, and John fixed it, but I broke it good and proper this time. It also started to smell like it was burning now and again, and then it sounded like something kept getting stuck in it. John wanted to get a new tube and have done with it, but I'm having none of it and made him order me a new one. I made him check how long I've had it, and it's been nearly five years, so I am due a new one.

The rest of the trees came yesterday, all 26 of them, so we had fun putting them in! I say fun, I'm aching all over, and we have to get the final eight in today. I'm enjoying this little bit of a sit down before we get started.

No one here nearly as long as me, maybe 10-12 years?

A Guy

So you get new neighbours every decade then, that must be nice seeing the next generation of people move in. Is there a certain age range to where you live, or can anybody move there? Wow, I don't know anybody other than you two that really stays anywhere that long.

People move fairly often. I live in a corner unit with no windows to the courtyard, so I don't see comings and goings. There are just new people, lol. I just wave at anyone who lives here and say hi. if they are here long enough, I ask the manager what their name is again (I never knew, lol). My direct next door wall neighbor I know, and another couple with now 4 kids and another guy 2 apartments away from them I know. The rest are newish :)

A Guy

Last edited:
You're up late, aren't you?

That's nice that you're a friendly neighbour and try and get to know and interact with all the newbies. Have you managed to see any of them from afar in lockdown?

I'm currently resting my weary bod after sorting the trees out with John. We've got one left, but that will have to wait until tomorrow when all the scraggly gnarly ones come out.

#romewasntbuiltinaday #slowandsteadywinstherace 😂

It sounds as if you've had a very productive day so I think you deserve a rest.

I've passed on some more wool to my next-door neighbour today, I gave her some knitting needles yesterday and she's thrilled. She had remembered me saying I had stuff I was donating to the village hall Knit and Natter group and she asked me if I'd got some wool she could have as she was going up the wall with nothing to do, she had mentioned that her youngest daughter had been knitting stuff for charity while they're in lockdown and she was running out of wool and I'd said I'd let her have some.

I've got that much stuff I could open my own craft shop. 😂 My neighbour is not that well at the moment, she's 87 and had a bad turn when she went to take her dog out for a walk the other day, I can't remember what she called it but she's had one such attack 5 years ago, it's to do with her heart and she felt it coming on with her heart pounding and out of whack, luckily she was near one of the bus shelters at the other end of the village and sat there for an hour before being able to get back home.

My Mom also has a ton of knitting stuff. She can't do any more with here hands all gnarled from arthritis. I told her she should donate, she was going to look around. I should ask her again. She sold her car as she rarely drove, and honestly, with her hands and unsteadiness, it wasn't wise for her to drive. She makes her appointments on days myself or my other retired brother are "scheduled" to visit. My 3rd brother, who still works, live nearby, and comes over on weekends for stuff

A Guy

I can still manage to knit it's the cross stitch I can't do as I will only be able to hold the needle for a couple of stitches and my fingers cramp up. Most of the wool I'm getting rid of are odd balls, I used to buy wool in large quantities well enough to knit a sweater so there was usually the odd ball left over. Some people like to do small items which the odd ball is just right for but I'd rather knit wearables.

It sounds as if you've had a very productive day so I think you deserve a rest.

I've passed on some more wool to my next-door neighbour today, I gave her some knitting needles yesterday and she's thrilled. She had remembered me saying I had stuff I was donating to the village hall Knit and Natter group and she asked me if I'd got some wool she could have as she was going up the wall with nothing to do, she had mentioned that her youngest daughter had been knitting stuff for charity while they're in lockdown and she was running out of wool and I'd said I'd let her have some.

I've got that much stuff I could open my own craft shop. 😂 My neighbour is not that well at the moment, she's 87 and had a bad turn when she went to take her dog out for a walk the other day, I can't remember what she called it but she's had one such attack 5 years ago, it's to do with her heart and she felt it coming on with her heart pounding and out of whack, luckily she was near one of the bus shelters at the other end of the village and sat there for an hour before being able to get back home.

Most of the wool I'm getting rid of are odd balls, I used to buy wool in large quantities well enough to knit a sweater so there was usually the odd ball left over. Some people like to do small items which the odd ball is just right for but I'd rather knit wearables.

We like odd balls! 🤣 That's really kind of you to donate things to her, and it will definitely keep her occupied with the lockdown. Lol! Are you hoarding again, Mrs?

I have no room to talk! I've recently ordered some more cake stuff, so expect to see lots of things on the site when all the tree stuff is finished! 👩‍🍳🤓

Aww, bless her, shouldn't your neighbour have some kind of alarm or emergency band thing that she could tap to get help if she has a funny turn? I mean, she's lucky this time she had a bus shelter.

My Mom also has a ton of knitting stuff. She can't do any more with here hands all gnarled from arthritis. I told her she should donate, she was going to look around. I should ask her again. She sold her car as she rarely drove, and honestly, with her hands and unsteadiness, it wasn't wise for her to drive. She makes her appointments on days myself or my other retired brother are "scheduled" to visit. My 3rd brother, who still works, live nearby, and comes over on weekends for stuff

A Guy

I'm sure if your Mum does have knitting stuff she can't use, many people would be really appreciative of it. You're one of 3; how do I not know this? Have we mentioned brothers before, and I missed the convo? So are you oldest, middle or youngest then?

I don't know about an alarm, at the moment her grandson is staying with her, he has split up with his wife, they have his 2 children there at the weekend and she loves that, she says they are so well behaved and love being with their dad. Of course during the day if the weather is fine he has to work, he's the local window cleaner. He's looking around for somewhere local to rent as her cottage only has 2 bedrooms so it's a bit cramped at the weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back