What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me about it Bill, there is paperwork going back to the early 2000s, he didn't get rid of anything. I was the one who had to do the shredding but as he never gave me any to shred from his office it has rather built up and then there is all the stuff he kept buying and never used. :eyeroll:

At least you don't have any attachment to it, and it must be satisfying to clear it out

A Guy

Wowsers! Kelly' got her handsful sorting the kids out; I hope everything goes well with Caia, though. Han gets the bus home, so I'm sure she'll be fine. She's sorting her stuff out now for school as we speak. I get my office back tomorrow, whoop whoop, I will miss her being here, but I'm really pleased she finally gets to go back.

Bit of a chill-out day today did some more garden stuff yesterday, so I get to sit down and do intermittent domestic chores today.

Blimey! You're cracking on with this shredding, @Joan; you'll be cleared out at no time at this rate. 😊

Tutorials today! 🤓

I made chocolate slabs yesterday, so I've been doing the write-ups today. I still need to edit them, so I will probably get them on properly tomorrow. These are what I made...
  • Mint Allure
  • Strawberry Swirl
  • Cookie Nut Bliss

Chocolate Slabs - Homemade choc bars by Help Me Bake.jpg

I got rid of something else today, well the neighbours would be wondering what was going on, a police car and 2 policemen coming to my house. :D

Years ago John bought a set of decorative Samurai swords on a stand, there were 3 of them going down in size, the largest I'd say was full-sized.

Knowing I'd have to downsize and would find it hard to find somewhere to keep them I wanted to get rid of them but was worried about how to go about it, I decided the best thing would be to get in touch with the police and ask them to collect them as I didn't want to take the risk of them falling into the wrong hands as they could cause some damage if they fell into the wrong hands. Hence the arrival of the police at my door to pick them up, I know that handing them over to the police meant they would be destroyed but felt that was my best option and I feel a lot better knowing they can't cause any trouble now. :)

We'd had them for that many years I can't even remember how much he paid for them but they would have been copies.

I got rid of something else today, well the neighbours would be wondering what was going on, a police car and 2 policemen coming to my house. :D

Years ago John bought a set of decorative Samurai swords on a stand, there were 3 of them going down in size, the largest I'd say was full-sized.

Knowing I'd have to downsize and would find it hard to find somewhere to keep them I wanted to get rid of them but was worried about how to go about it, I decided the best thing would be to get in touch with the police and ask them to collect them as I didn't want to take the risk of them falling into the wrong hands as they could cause some damage if they fell into the wrong hands. Hence the arrival of the police at my door to pick them up, I know that handing them over to the police meant they would be destroyed but felt that was my best option and I feel a lot better knowing they can't cause any trouble now. :)

Lol! See you and your stories again! Joan adventures! 🤣 You're right, though probably the safest option, but I bet that phone call was hilarious...Excuse me, Officer, but I have some Samurai's here that need dealing with. I'm surprised you didn't have a full-blown firearms standoff.

I can only imagine the neighbours twitching their curtains; I bet you've given them tons to talk about. I'd check your local FB group online. I bet you're talk of the town. 😁

It's a shame they had to go, but at least they have been disposed of properly. The Police were definitely the most sensible option.

That's what I thought Angie, mind you Kelly asked me a bit later if I'd spoken to the police as her hubby had said his uncle collected that sort of thing and he would have had them, it was too late though as I'd already been in touch with the police and was waiting for them to come and collect them.

I don't know how wild it was up your way last night Angie but it was really wild here, after the last few days of really nice springlike weather to wake up to misty wet and miserable and the wind gradually growing in strength as the day went on was a bit of a shock. It's still been windy here today but not quite as bad and we've had a bit of sun showing as well.

That's always the way; you get rid of something, and either someone wants it, or you need it for something yourself. The amount of things I got rid of before we moved and now I need them is unreal.

We're currently hunting around for one of Han's old school books, which she needs for school, now I know we haven't binned it, but I don't know what it's filed under! 🤣

The weather has been battering on and off for the last few days; it woke me up the other morning and then got Han early doors this morning.

I hope you have had a lovely Mother's Day today, Joan. 😊 I got a card but didn't get my present because John never ordered it for Han. 🤨 So instead, she made me a leg to go back on my bee ornament. It broke off a few years ago, and I'm not sure where it went, so today, she got some clay, made me a new leg, painted it, and stuck it back together for me. She did such a lovely job, and it was such a lovely gesture. She's such a sweetie. 😍

This morning at 2am we set clocks ahead for daylight savings time. I may have to take an extra nap :D

A Guy

Do you not set them when you go to bed rather than staying up that late? 😁 Enjoy your snooze!
Our daylight saving time isn't until the end of the month.

It's now the second week of Han being back at school, whoop, whoop!

@Joan, how are your grandkids doing school wise and is the eldest being tested?

Caia went back last week, Connor goes back today and the eldest Cameron goes back on the 23rd for one day then it's the Easter break, I have no idea about the testing for him.
Caia was thrilled about going back and enjoyed her first week back and seeing her friends and teacher and they were happy to see her back.

I have no set sleep time, but generally up all night. I sleep 3-4 hours maybe, up for a while, nap, etc. I'm footloose and fancy-free :D

A Guy

How the other half live, hey! 🤣

Caia went back last week, Connor goes back today and the eldest Cameron goes back on the 23rd for one day then it's the Easter break, I have no idea about the testing for him.
Caia was thrilled about going back and enjoyed her first week back and seeing her friends and teacher and they were happy to see her back.

Wow, 23rd! That's a long time for him to wait. I take it the kids are staggered then? Aww, that's fabulous that Caia is thrilled to be back. Bless her; I bet she's having tea parties and everything at playtime! 😄 The older boys will feel much better when they're back in too. I think they need to interact with people of their own age.

I know Han's really enjoying being back, and so are the other kids. They're interacting, chatting and having loads more fun now they are back in. She's even taking all the testing in her stride too, which I'm really proud of her for.

Todays post brought in my appointment for the second of my Covid vaccines. I wasn't sure if it was for the second as the paperwork was the same as for the first one. It took ages trying to get to actually speak to someone to find out if it was.

I phoned the doctors because the phone number on the paperwork couldn't connect and they gave me a number to phone, after going through loads of options and number pressing and finally being able to talk to a person he told me I had to dial again and there would be an option for vaccine whereas I'd gone into the test side of things, I told him I had had no option for that but he insisted there would be, there wasn't so I ended up phoning 111 and then got an option for being able to talk to a person about the vaccine and ended up hanging on and being told I was 40th in the queue.

I'll admit though that I didn't have to wait a long time before being put through to a person. She explained that it was for my second shot even though I wasn't expecting it till late April, she explained that the second shot was valid between 6 and 12 weeks after the first and I was in that time slot. They had had a lot of people phoning about it and she said that the same paperwork had been sent out again just with a different time slot instead of one saying it was for the second shot. Just have to sort out transport now, Kelly has been able to get me a practically brand new folding wheelchair from someone on Facebook so that will make things easier and make it possible for her to take me out when I get moved to Tenby instead of me being shut in the house all the time.

Got an email to schedule my first shot today. Set it up for Friday afternoon as I have a package coming tomorrow. I wasn't expecting it, but won't question it :)

A Guy

I'm on the back burner at the minute, so I'm not quite sure when I'll be due for mine as there seems to be a hold-up at the mo.

@Joan, that's ridiculous, although having said that, John had the same song and dance trying to get through to the council yesterday. After trying twice the lady on the switchboard eventually managed to sort him out and tell him both departments were shut in the end; otherwise, he probably still would have kept trying. 🤣

I think because people aren't working proper hours and working from home, everything seems to take an extraordinary amount of time to try and get anything sorted. But that what's happens when the world is standing on its head.

He's trying again today! 😂

Bored Call Me GIF by Aardman Animations

@A Guy, Aww Bill, that's fantastic news; I bet you're thrilled to be finally getting it. 😊

@Joan, ooh, that's good about the wheelchair. Have you heard any more about the housing front yet?

Nothing yet Angie, but I knew it was going to be a waiting game as property in Tenby is soon snapped up and lots of people on the waiting lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back