What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly's lot finished for Easter last week, I think it was on the Thursday. I've just finished sorting out the last stuff that I'm donating to the village hall so Lynn can pick it up plus gave some more wool to my next door neighbour and told her she can fight it out with her daughter who gets what.

I've also started to move things from either side of the filing cabinet in my office so Kelly can sell that for me.

Yesterday I got a certificate of shredding from the company who took all the paperwork away for me, it's surprising how that lot going lightened the load for me.

Kelly's lot finished for Easter last week, I think it was on the Thursday. I've just finished sorting out the last stuff that I'm donating to the village hall so Lynn can pick it up plus gave some more wool to my next door neighbour and told her she can fight it out with her daughter who gets what.

I've also started to move things from either side of the filing cabinet in my office so Kelly can sell that for me.

Yesterday I got a certificate of shredding from the company who took all the paperwork away for me, it's surprising how that lot going lightened the load for me.

Really I didn't even think they'd all gone back to school yet!

Lol! The thought of your neighbour and her daughter scrapping over wool made me laugh. I'm sure they're thankful for your donation; you never know they might even make you a little something.

wallace and gromit lol GIF by Aardman Animations

I'm glad you're still cracking on with the paperwork and the house sorting. I do love a good clear out, but at the minute, that's at the bottom of the things-to-do list. We're back on ordering stuff for the garden, so there's more trees/hedging going in shortly. The tree guys are coming tomorrow to clear the rest of the laurels and all the stuff we've torn out, so hopefully, when they've finished, we can actually get a better idea of what space we have.

I also need to get cracking on the accounts, but I've got a thousand things to do at the minute.

Cat GIF

Last edited:
Chill day today, not much to do, but now I'm in some serious need of some food, so I think I shall hunt through the cupboards to see what I can cobble together.

Hungry Full House GIF

Started the day making Chocolate Tiffins (photo posted under Baking Adventures), then a fabulous get together afternoon with the family. The first time we've all been together for months, it was a lovely sunny day ☀️, ideal for a BBQ and afternoon outside. So nice to be playing in the garden with the grandchildren again ❤️.

That's fabulous! I'm glad the weather held out for you, and you had a great time with the family. I'm sure your culinary treats went down a storm. 😊

Glad to hear you had a good afternoon and I'm not surprised your cakes went down a treat they did look yummy. It's nice getting together again with family.

Quieter day today, wife is back at work so just a few domestics this morning, cake planning, ordering stuff on Amazon and then an Easter Monday late roast lunch to cook.

Bit of a mixed bag wing it kind of day today. @Joan, have you managed to see the kids over Easter?

Quieter day today, wife is back at work so just a few domestics this morning, cake planning, ordering stuff on Amazon and then an Easter Monday late roast lunch to cook.

Mmm, roast dinner sounds fab. I'm sure your wife will love that when she gets back from work.

Mmm, roast dinner sounds fab. I'm sure your wife will love that when she gets back from work.
Shame she had to work today, we are off together tomorrow though. As comp for working today I'm doing her favourite roast which is - whole chicken basted in garlic and herbs, with whole carrots and parsnips halved and cooked with the chicken in the cooking juices, fennel shaves, homemade roast potatoes and homemade gravy. The carrots and parsnips come out tender and sooooo tasty, not very healthy though...

Looks like this when done...

chicken roast.jpg

Oooh, we were nearly on winner, winner chicken dinner until you said garlic, herb and gravy in the same sentence. 🤣

Nope, Garlic Chicken, Parsnips and Gravy should not be on the same plate. But if it's your wife's favourite, then well done. I'm sure she will love it, and you will be in the good books on your day off together tomorrow. 😁

Oooh, we were nearly on winner, winner chicken dinner until you said garlic, herb and gravy in the same sentence. 🤣

Nope, Garlic Chicken, Parsnips and Gravy should not be on the same plate. But if it's your wife's favourite, then well done. I'm sure she will love it, and you will be in the good books on your day off together tomorrow. 😁
🤣 🤣 Well the dish in the photo is actually a different version with the chicken basted in parsley butter. I'm not sure where the garlic version came from originally 🤔 but after 36 years of marriage I've learnt how to get the brownie points 🤣.

You're getting worse now, Parsley Butter🙉...I give up! 😂

As long as your wife likes it, then that's all that matters; who am I to judge. 😁 She's gonna love you even more when you delight her with both sweet and savoury dishes.

No Angie not seen anyone for a couple of weeks, might not see them this week either, it's all because of the hours her hubby is working now he's back at work. She's not too happy as it's interfering with them doing any shopping and her getting to check on me.

Aww, bless, I thought you would have had some visits with it being Easter. That's a shame about the hours; hopefully, he'll get better ones in the future so that you can all have a better routine. Have you been keeping yourself busy while they haven't been around?

Have you managed to see any more of your neighbour (the wool lady?).

Are you still getting the meals? If so, what's been on this weeks agenda? I hope it was something indulgent, especially with it being Easter.

Blimey, I'm like Question time! 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back