What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to work, no independence for this Guy :) Thanks you. I had you beat, years of driving work trucks with left arm out window, I had a left arm tan, lol. A Guy

Bill, I bet that looks funny.

I did a re-install of Grammarly and have the spell check back, the windows settings are still the same but I've not tested to see if that's working, I'll just leave things as they are for now.

John's outside at present putting some edging along the fence line between us and next door, they worked on that stretch at the weekend to pull the weeds out.
The boundary between us is just post and rails then sheep wire fastened along it, it's great for the cats though as they can just get through the spaces, although Willow will jump up and settle down on the top rail at times.

They've got an ornament already, it's a stone frog that was hidden in among all the weeds that were there before the trees came down.

John's bought some plants to put along the fence line, he's going to keep them in pots and we'll keep them pruned so they don't grow too large.

Someone is coming round on Monday to start clearing out and get rid of the old hutches and we'd started to take down the greenhouse and he'll finish dismantling that.

He will get rid of all the ivy that's trying to take over the border between us and the bungalow at the back of us, there is also a lot of Russian Ivy growing over the shed in the corner which is coming from trees growing in the corner next door. :unamused:

He's already done some clearing up for us and it's great seeing the difference it's making. :)

Today the rep has been to fit the blind we ordered for the living room window and it's been great. Because of the position of the sun during the day it makes it hard to see properly in there and we have to close the curtains, which is very annoying, but now we can pull the blind down enough to block out the sun but still have light coming in through the bottom quarter of the window and we can see out into the garden. :D

I'm so looking forward to having the garden looking nice again like it was when I looked after it, it's not been the same since he started having guinea pigs and it annoys the hell out of me. :scream:

Oh, here we go again.....:wink:

What's Russian Ivy? I just thought Ivy was Ivy other than the different colours.

I know what you mean about an untidy garden, we have rubbish piles all over ours at the minute until we order the skip so even though the areas are now completed they still don't look as good as they will do once we move the piles of rubbish, decking and rocks, etc out of the way.

I'm still getting browner by the day, so I must post a picture of my white bod against my very tanned arms. I'll get Han to get a back shot so you can see the colour difference. I don't think I've ever tanned this much. Bill, you must have looked hilarious with your truckers arm.

So today I have rebooked Hans driving lesson, sorted out her skirts for school, and I'm now trying to plough through my ENORMOUS in tray!

I have pulled the pics off my phone for the garden so I will post them shortly for you. I also ordered a frog pond which John and my Dad took the mickey out of me for, however, having seen it they think it's quite good now. I bought it because where we have placed one of the patios there were a couple of frogs and due to the hot weather, I wanted to make sure they had somewhere to have a dip.

It can be called Mile a Minute Vine, ( Fallopia baldschuanica ) it has white flowers. This isn't the best photo as I can't reach up enough to get a good one and the sun is setting in that corner.
Russian Vine.jpg

Fallopia baldschuanica (syn. Polygonum baldschuanicum) is an Asian species of flowering plant in the knotweed family

:scream: I'll steer clear of that one.

I've finally managed to put my thread in for Ian and Jean's 50th Wedding Anniversary Cake! Which is something else that was on my things to do list!

Well, today has been a little bit of a lazy day, firstly it was Bacon butties this morning (with brown sauce for me) but ketchup for John, then I picked Han and her friend up from her sleepover. Han wasn't out in the garden for more than 10 seconds when her friend came in and said that her leg was bleeding! She'd only managed to trip on the outer edges of the trampoline go full force and ripped a great big hole in her pants!

I've then been listening to Blade Runner through one wall at 900 decibels whilst Han's had the world cup on the other tv so that she can see if she has won her sweepstake at school. She had Croatia and is now gutted that they have lost, she's also been having mini naps so I think she didn't get much sleep last night.

I've also had Spaghetti Bolognese today which I made before, due to the weather we haven't had any proper teas so I was really pleased that the weather has broken slightly so that I can actually enjoy cooking and eating a meal without melting.

I even managed to sneak in a few chocolate biscuits this morning with my morning brew (cuppa tea) Hope you guys have been having a lazy Sunday too.

A haha I'm the only person in our house who likes brown sauce. I love it with bacon and egg separately of course but I only do ketchup if they are both together. I take it you're not a fan then Bill? LOL! :p

I've made some Apricot Shortbread Biscuits today and I'm currently off to make some tea for everyone. I need to stay away from those biscuits though....hmmmm yummy! :cookie:

John has brown sauce on his breakfast, a couple of fried eggs, a small tin of sausage and beans and a few cherry tomatoes, sometimes he'll do some mushrooms. He likes it on cheese sandwiches as well.

I like brown sauce on bacon sandwiches but tomato sauce on sausages.

I've got to have more tests done, the nurse came this morning to do the dressing on my hip and did my blood pressure. All I'd done was get up go to the loo and walk backwards and forward between rooms a couple of times and it was 220/120, apparently that is way to high and when they've taken it before it's been high, not that high, but that bottom number is supposed to be 60 to 80. Got to be wired up for a day and have an ECG to try and find out what is causing it. :eyeroll:

She reported it to the doctors and the paramedic practitioner came out after lunchtime, she did it again and it was still too high, it was down from earlier.

The Doc said my bottom number was 95 this morning and altered my meds, a 9am appointment allowed me to grab a 10oz ribeye and scrambled eggs on the way home though (no sauce :p ) :D

For a full English, I have ketchup and I love mushrooms! Yep, I too have red sauce on sausages.

Aww sorry that you're under the weather Joan is the weather causing you probs or is it just overexerting that's why your bp is so high? I do hope they look after you.

Get comfy in your new chair and chill out for a bit. Are they coming to check again on you?

Crikey Jove I've just been having a look at a BP chart and you're off the scales. [emoji24]

Get your feet up Mrs and get some rest. What things really relax you?

Last edited by a moderator:
The funny thing is Angie I'm not even doing anything and it's high, that reading of 220/120 was after just getting out of bed going to the loo and walking between the living room and kitchen to get a bowl of cornflakes and a cup of coffee for breakfast.

Now today has been busy and this morning the chemist delivery driver arrived with a prescription for me, it's something for the BP, hadn't even heard anything back yet from the doctors.

It did make me laugh though looking at the side effects you can get taking it, I already get a load of them before I even start taking it. :eyeroll:

Hope you're OK John although by the sound of things it's not affecting your appetite, in all my latest readings that bottom figure hasn't been below 100 which is the one they seem most worried by as it's only supposed to be 60 to 80. :scream:

I'm so glad you posted, I was a little worried yesterday so I was looking at ways of tracking you down. How bizarre that you're not overexerting yourself yet your readings are so high. Hopefully, they will settle down for you.

As for the side effects, you try and combat one thing and then the pills make you feel something else so you constantly play catch up. John and his Dad have this problem, you manage to solve one issue and then 4 more appear.

Anyway, I hope you take it easy and are feeling a little better today.

Thank you Angie, not been quite as busy today but still not got done stuff I wanted to do and meant to do yesterday, honestly I don't know where the time goes.

I was having a good laugh a bit earlier, Kelly phoned me and her eldest is driving her mad, he had his school disco, I think it was yesterday, and they played a track and ever since he keeps singing it, YMCA.
roflmao3.gif

She's been busy downloading music to the Echo ready for Caia's birthday party, stuff from the 80s/90s, all those silly ones that were around those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back