What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
roflmao3.gif

Funny you should say that Han was dancing to that in the car yesterday while we were on the motorway. she was doing actions and everything, we love it. We also do the Hand Jive from Grease!

Today is day three of waiting for the skip to arrive which I'm a bit naffed off about. We've got a massive pile of rubbish to shift, and we have no idea when it will arrive. We rang to try and check this morning, but no one answered. :( So while waiting I've been ploughing through my MASSIVE in-tray instead. I've done well, to be honest, and I've even filed stuff away which I never get time for. :wink:

I have also been trimming all the dead flowers off my hanging baskets while balancing on a two-step whilst trying to waft away a bee or two. Lol, I told John to move out of the way in case I fell and stabbed him accidentally with the scissors! :scream:

Oh and then my other dilemma was getting my amazon order to find that the poppy seeds I ordered (for some reason unknown to man I cannot buy them from Tesco for love nor money) they came with an expiration date of next month! :plead:penmouth:

I'm now just about to start tea, we're having steak and chips tonight, hopefully, that will turn out fine...wish me luck! :p

Last edited:
Yummy! hope those steak and chips turned out OK. You made me laugh there telling John to move away, he must be in your good books.
roflmao3.gif

I did tell him to move and I had to keep my eye on the steaks because they did so much quicker than normal.

I'm still getting over the shock of the MASSIVE spider that was in the kitchen last night just before bedtime! I went into the kitchen and found this bad boy on the floor!

Spider 1.jpg

So you're currently thinking, it's not that big really, well take a look at the jug size. This jug is the MASSIVE jug I had to put it in because I wasn't sure if the other one would go over it. And the fact I was scared to death the bugger was going to either run or not fit in a normal size one.

Spider 2.jpg

The jug nearest to us is a normal one!

Now seeing as I'm the resident spider mover and they don't really bother me, I had the heebie-jeebies for about an hour after seeing this thing and I had to make sure I put it right at the bottom of the garden!

On the plus side, I saw the teeniest tiniest frog hopping around the garden on my way back in though. :wink:

I know but he was BIG!!! Yeah, once I managed to find a piece of card sturdy enough to slip under the jug I then took him to the bottom of the garden. I also made sure that I saw which direction he toddled off in so I knew he wasn't crawling on me.

I'm still cringing a bit now!

Seriously I have no spider emoji!

I know but he was BIG!!! Yeah, once I managed to find a piece of card sturdy enough to slip under the jug I then took him to the bottom of the garden. I also made sure that I saw which direction he toddled off in so I knew he wasn't crawling on me.

I'm still cringing a bit now!

Seriously I have no spider emoji!
Oh! we'll have to see if we can find one for you, Bill's sure to come up with something funny anyway. :D

Lol, I have just cringed yet again. I have seen many videos on the huntsman spider and to be honest my spider wasn't that far off it!

I'm currently waiting for the skip man, John tells me he will be here before dinner. He's got 43 minutes to go. Tick tock...

tick tock.PNG

Did the skip man turn up on time Angie? I've been busy again today but don't seem to have got much done, probably because John decides to tell me about a problem with his Excel program he has and I've been trying to sort it out, trouble is he has so much in his and I have no idea just how he works with it. I do know he has no patience so if when he was working and something went slow or didn't do what he expected he'd just rush on expecting it to be the programs fault not his. :eyeroll:

No, he came after 2 pm! :ffs: However, no sooner had he dropped it we then went outside to fill it. We only just managed to get all the rubbish in it with a little space to spare. John told me to slow down though as the weather was stifling! Seriously no sunshine emoji either, I'm going to have to to have words with the hubster.

So is Excel working now for John? I'm the same I expect everything to be running on all cylinders at all times, so if it doesn't work, I'm not happy.

Today I managed to brand myself with the toastie machine we bought! Note to self, do not press the very hot lid down with the palm of your hand! Numpty!

Aww on a happy note we had little people come and visit today. John's friend came up with his 10-month-old granddaughter so we have been playing with her today. Once she had woken up properly, she's been laughing and tormenting me and having a lovely day. Ian (John's friend) stuck her in Han's lap, and she had no idea what to do with her. Made me laugh.

I think he's given up on it, he lost a lot of figures even though they were supposed to be saved to Onedrive. When trying to open a file it gave him a message about something wrong do you want them to recover what they could, telling them yes another box came up, can't remember what that one said, but didn't get his missing numbers back and has ended up with a long list of files to click when doing a right click on the Excel icon on the taskbar, which has quite a few copies of this that and the other.

I think a lot of it was his blood sugar records.

Ouch! how's the hand? :scream:

Poor Han, they are the sort of kids you want to visit, you can hand them back. :eyeroll:

That always drives me mad when my machine has a wobbler. I always get John to work his magic and try and restore things for me.

Oh dear it would be important info that he needs too. It's always the way. Is it running properly now?

My hand is fine thank you. I ran it straight under the tap thankfully as soon as I did it so I holding had a semi circle imprint on my hand. It is much better though.

Sofia is absolutely gorgeous and she's so well behaved. She was sleeping when she got to ours but once she woke she was adorable and she has a very loving personality. I had forgotten how much hands on you need to be with little ones. But she was so much fun. Half her dinner went up my couch because I think she sneezed and it went everywhere. It was funny though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well the doctor phoned me today and I've got to carry on as I am but have a thyroid test in about 3 months time, it's stable at present taking 1 tablet a day for it but I've been taking them for about 2 years so it needs checking. All my bloods came back as fine, liver and kidney etc. all OK and obviously they're happy with my BP after giving me another pill to take to bring it down. :eyeroll:

Talk about shake your maracas shake me and I'll rattle.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back