What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The aerial is at.....sorry was at the back of the roof angled upwards but now it's sat on the passenger seat. He's ordered a new one so it should be fine. I only just touched the bottom of the door so if I'd reversed 5 seconds later I wouldn't have hit anything. The radio still works though. [emoji16]

As for parking the cars I'm quite capable, it's just when you leave mess on the floor it distracts me from what I'm doing. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5cm lower and the car would have been a right off, not to mention the damage to the door :scream:

Did you record that on your phone Bill? :p It was the CT anyway which doesn't have them, I think I need a hanging tennis ball in front of the garage door to prevent further incidents. Although I stayed well away today until the door was fully up and then parked it perfectly. Go me, go me.....I need a dancing emoji now! :wink:

Just read the replies to my John, he laughed and said: "Have you thought about getting a little sports job, that would resolve the problem."

Men. :eyeroll:

049KemR.gif

A Guy

Nearly went into panic mode this morning. This new laptop of mine is set to go into sleep mode after 30 minutes if not used and on battery power, well I left it on this morning and went off to do other things in the house, was gone probably a couple of hours if not more.

When I came back course I had the black screen but thought nothing of it and tapped the space bar, which usually brings it out of sleep back to wherever I was when I left. Nothing happened and looking at the power button saw that it was not lit, I pressed it to turn the machine back on but nothing happened. :scream:

The mouse was lit and the keyboard would light up when I pressed the button to activate the feature, apart from that, nothing, looked at the power cable and saw it wasn't plugged in so wondered if the battery had run out.

Plugged the machine back into the mains but still nothing, I did manage to turn it off by holding in the power button but I left it connected to the mains. There is a small light beside the plug and that was showing red so I just left it.

Powered up the Asus Notebook and started to use that, after a while the light turned to white but I still left it. After a good time had lapsed I pressed the power button which lit up and the machine booted up as if nothing had happened. :smirk:

Obviously, the battery had drained so I had to wait till there was sufficient juice back in it before anything could work again, at least I'll remember if it happens again. :eyeroll:

Ghost in the machine hey!

As much as I love technology it does faff me off when it doesn't work properly or does its own thing. I sometimes have that with my phone. The other day I put the pin in and it told me I had to wait whilst it sort of booted up. I thought what if this was an emergency and I had to make the call.

So can you increase the amount of time before it goes into a sleep mode? Is it fully charged now and working to your specification? I'm one of those people who like my tech to work as and when I need it, I don't do waiting.

As for the driving, all is good, everything is in one piece and I stay far far away now until the door is no longer visible. As for the video I've never tried to make the garage a drive-thru in my life although I did think the vid was funny. :p

Everything is working as it should, I don't usually leave it as long as I did yesterday so it's never drained before.

At present I've been busy trying to source a new recliner chair and seem to have been glued to the screen looking at different models trying to find one I want. John will have this one of mine when I get a new one.

I want one that will rise but also when I lift the foot rest the back stays upright instead of both going down together. This one is slightly too deep to sit in so I have to use a booster cushion to raise myself up. The joys of old age and spine collapse. :scream:

I would prefer a fabric one but that would cost too much, well to get the features I want it would, so will have to put up with leather, ok it will be fake leather. think I've found one but Johns having another look before I order it. :)

So have we got the go-ahead on the new chair yet? I would have thought that the leather would be dearer than the fabric, not the other way round.

That's what I thought Angie, anyway I'm sitting in my new chair now it came yesterday. It's brown leather and I can raise my legs and the back stays upright, it will tilt and rise and I can have the back down as needed, it's not too deep either so my arms rest comfortably.

I've just put the couch on Freecycle as that's too big for the room now and we'll get a smaller one. Johns comments were, why do we need another, Me: for other people to sit on, John: we don't want any others coming round. :dizzy::eyeroll::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back