What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's great recording more channels now, although I find I try recording too much at one time! I did that with the other box I'd always cancel the wrong thing then spend five minutes trying to re record and jump channels and frequently got myself into a tiz over it!

John says the only thing that will happen if the net goes down is that you won't be able to download anything that's on demand or any films until it's back up. I remember when we first moved in and it took forever to download stuff whereas now it's quite good. We try and watch a movie at the weekend from Sky Cinema, some of them aren't too bad and there's quite a selection in the different genre's. there are quite a few animated ones so they might keep you going for a while.

Oh we're not bothered about whether we can get films or not, it's too much money to pay out just to be able to watch the odd film now and then, we still have DVDs we've not watched yet. :D

I did think after we'd probably be OK if the net went down because the main box is connected to the dish, don't know about the mini Q box as that connects via wireless and not the dish, mind you if the power goes it doesn't matter as we lose everything then. :scream::D

Oh what wonderful weather, no shopping today, got a text from Tesco to tell me they had cancelled my order because of adverse weather condition and not being able to deliver. The buses aren't running either so we're stuck. The car is stuck in the garage and is going to have to be scrapped now as he's not going to spend anymore on it to keep it on the road.

There are no slots on Saturday so I've booked the same order for Sunday and Monday, if it doesn't come Sunday hopefully it will come Monday, I'll just keep booking it in till I get it delivered, hopefully before my milk runs out and the veg for the pigs, it's snowing again now and blowing quite a lot. :anguished:

You wouldn't believe the palaver I've had with regards trying to get shopping. I said I'd booked Sunday and Monday, well Friday they cancelled the Sunday delivery because of the weather :grrr:, a bit later I went back into Tesco and it appears I'd not actually booked the Monday delivery as it told me the time had expired :ffs:so I had to book a Tuesday slot as there were no Monday ones.

I looked at the Asda site and I could book a Monday slot so did that, of course they don't have all the things I need but thought if I could at least get essentials to last till getting a normal Friday delivery I'd be OK.

Guess what, I went into the Tesco site and my Sunday delivery is still showing as pending :dizzy: I even amended the order and it went through and was accepted so I now await tomorrow and will see what happens, it would be nice if my order did come but I'm not taking it as a given. :eyeroll:

The weather has improved and the thaw has set in and we've had some rain today with no more snow and the forecast is for it to continue with temps above freezing from now on and continuing to rise, fingers crossed. :unamused:

Oh No! So did you get your shopping? We thought about doing that just to get essentials but we managed to pop out when we had a break in the weather.

It's practically summer today as we hit 9 degrees!

Make sure you check your dates on your shopping too as I'm not quite sure how one person can eat 6 crumpets in a day.

Sorry just had to laugh I'm typing away on my phone and John's got his ear to the pc trying to working out what the tapping is!.....It's me. [emoji23]

Up to my neck with deadlines at the minute and constantly job jumping but I'm hoping after the next 2 weeks I should finally get a breather....she says lol.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

We also buy cravendale milk Joan as it lasts about 2-3 weeks.

Me again Lol! John says you should call them out on Twitter and tell them you're a pensioner with no food. You'll be inundated with stuff after that, although you shouldn't have to do that just to get the service you're asking for. [emoji23]

Of course the Sunday delivery didn't come and going back into my orders it shows as delivered. :grrr:

Anyway I managed to get a few essentials from Asda and also got a delivery from Tesco today with some of the other things I needed, hopefully things should be back to normal and I'll get my normal weekly Friday delivery.

I am going to complain I think it's very wrong that after they say they've cancelled an order the next day still show it as pending for delivery and let you amend it and add items to the order, I did that twice and received the emails to confirm the order for it not to turn up just say it had been delivered. :ffs:

The Tesco delivery man said their shelves were empty and it was only yesterday they managed to get a delivery through, he agreed with me that hopefully things would be back to normal by Friday. :eyeroll:

See Bill's making me google again, other than it telling me Cravendale is milk I'm not too sure what it means stateside. :dizzy: What is a Cravendale then?

@Joan Ooh that's bad, letting you think you have an order and then not delivering tut tut tut. I'm seriously hoping you get a proper delivery tomorrow otherwise I'm going to source a plane that does care packages and get them to drop some goods off for you. It's bad enough us having ropy weather but at least we can get out now and again. I have my fingers crossed that you will have a full shop delivered tomorrow. :praying:

I'm having a week like you, yesterday we received a phone call from school saying that Han wasn't well so we went to pick her up. We weren't in at the time of the incident and we were in a bad connection area so the call went straight to Voicemail. Found out she had slipped at school and hurt her hand then spent the next couple of hours at A&E getting x-rays etc. Then today we opened the curtains to full on blizzards then received a text from school to say that school was shut, only for the sun to come out and all the snow disappear by 11am! There was no grit on the roads either so it was a nightmare for everyone this morning. :scream:

I have to laugh though I've just popped out and seen the gritters, albeit a day too late, I'm betting it's going to be about 12°C tomorrow which is practically summer over here. I can hear Bill wincing as I say that! :wink:

Also because of the bad weather the delivery that we had between 10-12pm arrived at 7pm this evening and the poor drivers had another 8 drops to do. They took over the shift as the first guys didn't turn in because of the snow.

Roll on the sunshine and tomorrow. :p

Well I've just been back into my Tesco order to amend it before tomorrows delivery and there is so much stuff not available.

Mind you there was another snow warning for just above us in East and North Wales so if their suppliers can't get through to them. grrrrrrrrrrr That's the only problem in the UK we're not used to this kind of weather so when it hits everything stops, places that get it every year without fail have things in place to cope with it so don't suffer as much as we do.

These are the times when it's not so nice living in a village, especially when the only shop we had closed down and there's no transport. Mind you we wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for John and his damn guinea pigs and needing to have fresh veg for them plus their dry food.

I have never heard of Cravendale :)

It was high 60's today. Windows open all day and fan on. Fan is still on :wink:

Snow is a four letter word...

A Guy

I have never heard of Cravendale :)

It was high 60's today. Windows open all day and fan on. Fan is still on :wink:

Snow is a four letter word...

A Guy
It's a brand of milk Bill. :)

Stop showing off telling us you've got the fan on, the last few days here the temp has been holding steady at 5C° during the day dipping to nearer freezing at night. It's raining today and the wind is gradually building up. :unamused:

Snow is a four letter word round here as well at present. :grrr:

I understood it was a brand of milk :)

With what we pay to live here, we get to show off :)

A Guy

I know what you mean, a bit like here, if you live in a tourist region at the coast you have to pay more for stuff and services. Our county's Council Tax is being put up by 12.5% yet they're reducing the services they provide. :ffs:

Nearly forgot to tell you, I got my delivery yesterday with only a couple of substitutes, which were acceptable.

A couple of days before I'd gone into Facebook and went to the community page for the store where my shopping comes from, someone had made a comment thanking them for delivering their order in the bad weather, I replied telling them how lucky they were then went on to relay my experience with that Sunday order.

I'd mentioned it to the driver when he brought my order so not sure if he said something or if a member of staff had read my Facebook post but about teatime the phone went and it was Tesco. She was very apologetic if things were missing etc. but of course their suppliers couldn't get through so their shelves were empty.

I told her I quite understood the cancellation of the Friday order because of the weather and went on to tell her about the troubles I had after and the way things had been handled, she agreed with me and was sending everything off to head office but in the meantime as a complimentary gesture she will be sending me some flowers with my next order, she did ask about wine but I told her I didn't drink so she mentioned flowers and I told her I like them.

I shall await and see if or what action comes from head office. :eyeroll:

Last edited:
Yes, from what I gather, social medi is the way to get action these days. You telling a few people is not like perhaps millions reading it. A Guy

Did you tell her you can't eat flowers. [emoji23]

Aww bless well I'm glad you've got some food and that you've had some communication from the store. I appreciate that they're struggling too but hopefully our dreaded weather will eventually subside and Mr Sunshine will be on his way to stay and you'll get back to normal with deliveries. [emoji597]

I hope you had a lovely Mothers Day yesterday. We went to the theatre to watch Cirque Berserk which is a circus type show all different type of acts and acrobats. It was quite good and the weather was dry which made it even better on the walk up. We didn't realise that the St Patrick's day parade was also on in Manchester so we could have popped over if we knew.

Today has been rather unproductive and gone a bit wrong. I should have known from firing the water jets in the shower all over myself (fully clothed) this morning when turning it on and then smashing the handle of my cup on my first brew that today was not going to be a good one so here's hoping tomorrow is a lot less eventful! [emoji6]

Last edited:
Oh dear you are in the wars, hope the day got better.:worried:

John went to get a new car today, well new second hand one. He came back with a 2012 Fiat Punto Easy in a lovely shade of red. :smiley:
IMG_0191.jpg

John is still enjoying his new car, although he is going to need a degree in technology to try and work out all the controls, it looks like the cockpit of an aeroplane inside. I think he's been pressing buttons on the display so it's changed and he can't find how to change it back. :eyeroll:

I just hope when it starts to need to have things done to it it's not going to cost an arm and a leg, found out yesterday it's damned expensive if you want a spare key, well it is if you go to the Fiat dealer.

He quoted £270.40 for the key and then £45 + VAT to have it coded to the car. :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back