What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn chickens, grumble, grumble :D

A Guy
:D He doesn't grumble about the chickens but the people who grade them, it says they are extra large on the box or large, but according to him they're more like Bantam sized eggs and he's got bigger *****:eyeroll:

d297.gif

Yippee it worked, was trying out how I could get gifs into my posts as I couldn't do it from my Smileycom program.
d297.gif
catavatar.gif

Lol well they definitely work although shouldn't the wave be going from left to right?

As with regards the eggs I use medium as a rule, I'm never quite sure what to do with extra large eggs ones. Joan you are now turning into Bill as I had to Google Bentham Eggs as I've never heard of them.

Good news on the oven front, we're on phase one of fitting tomorrow morning! So at least even though the island won't be done the oven will actually be useable.

Yippee that's great news Angie, not long now and your dream kitchen will be finished. :)

OH! and they're Bantam Chickens not Bentham, we usually call them Banty. :D

Ha ha I should learn to read properly. [emoji23]

The oven is now in and the island has been rebuilt. I made my first batch of cupcakes and saw that after about 16 mins they were done so I should have take them out but I didn't so when I did the taste test them they were too dry! Han and John loved them but I'll have to do another batch. This oven has a 3D hot air fan function so I think it bakes quicker. Although I made a Christmas cake today which I thought was done but when we cut into it it was gooey in the middle.

Lol it's like I'm learning to bake all over again. [emoji848]

Hopefully once I get the temperature down it will be great so there is going to be a lot of baking going on over the next few weeks and a lot of taste testing me thinks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I had to relearn my oven when they changed it. And I'm not a big baker. That's why the old microwave, a new one would be more powerful, but then I'd have to relearn :)

A Guy

If your not careful Angie you'll have to put John and Han on a diet after all those tasting sessions you're about to have. :D

I'm waiting for John to get home, he's had to go for his first checkup after his pacemaker op. He phoned me after and everything is working perfect, the only problem was he still had a problem with his scar. At the end of it it was still looking a bit angry as if it had an infection, apparently one of the dissolvable stitches hadn't dissolved, it was a hair stopping it so they obviously missed one when they were shaving him for the op. :what:

Yeah only if I manage to bake anything that is actually edible that is! :plead:penmouth:

So is John back home now? I'm so glad things are working well for him and hopefully now he can get back on track. Ouch the scar itself has to hurt and be irritable but to add a little pesky hair into the mix I bet he isn't pleased. What will they do about the stitch now, will they have to remove it manually?

So today I've just been out in the rain, got stuck behind a street sweeper which I couldn't overtake because I was on a curved road and couldn't see past him and then when I got to my destination the place was shut so all in all a great non productive start to the day! Oh and Han's puled her shoulder out so she's currently off school, however, after a little bit of my florence duties she seems to be feeling much better so I'm now packing her off to school. So I am slowly bringing a little normality to the day I think! :p

Oh! I'm sure it wont be long before your usual array of delicious confectioneries will be on the table. :shortcake::cookie: :yum:

They cleaned the wound out removing the stitch and hair then put some iodine on it and a plaster, he has to take the plaster off today or tomorrow and if he's not happy go back, hopefully though it should be alright now as it's a long journey just to check it.

How did Han damage her shoulder, hope she's not done too much harm.

Oh! I'm sure it wont be long before your usual array of delicious confectioneries will be on the table. :shortcake::cookie: :yum:

Hopefully, I have my God-Daughter's cake to make shortly so I need to do a pre-run of that.

Ouch again...are you on plaster duty? I cannot pull my own plasters off because I slowly peel them, in the end I get John to do it even though it hurts he does it quickly! I'm such a wuss! :eyeroll: Yeah forget the long journey, you'll have to get your florence duties in order.

She was doing the Dab :)

A Guy

Oh no Bill they are so last season, she doesn't do those any more, we do them instead and drive her bonkers! :p

No she was picking me up the other night showing us how strong she was and she kept doing it so I think she pulled something in her shoulder and her neck. She's fine now though.

Glad to hear she's OK now Angie, I can just picture her picking you up just the sort of thing kids do. :D

I know it was quite funny because I think she surprised herself, had a mischievous grin and then she wouldn't stop doing it! :) I'm not convinced that it was the weight lifting and more so change of weather pains as this morning the pain had entered her leg and wouldn't go! :eyeroll:.....growing pains!

You're probably right, she's at that age now and I bet she's growing up fast, she's no longer your little baby. :baby::)

So after a bit of trial and error and 5 cakes (that is 2 fruit cakes and 3 chocolate) later I've managed to bake a fabulous fruit cake in my new oven and a nice brownie style cake.

I'm still working on a Madeira which today I made in the other oven but so far so good. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Did you need to alter the time? Temperature? Will you be able to extrapolate changes needed for future recipes?

A Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back