What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Joan's a secret rock chick! I'm not a Rush fan however, I do like Aerosmith, White Snake, Skid Row etc I like the 80s and 90s rock although I am a continual Aerosmith fan throughout the years. I listen to all sorts depending on my mood but I'm definitely a rock chick at heart. I love the saying rock chick, chicky rock that used to be in that advert of the two girls getting changed in a changing room from the noughties. But I cannot for the life of me think what it was about. :eyeroll:

Nor me Angie, but my music goes back a bit further than yours. I liked the Everly Brothers, Roy Orbison, The Shadows, I also like Queen and there was Showaddywaddy etc. Mustn't forget Mantovani as well. :D

Ooh Queen, I love Freddie, he was a real showman, they don't really make them like that anymore whereby you can command a crowd. That guy had so much stage presence! Freddie we salute you!

I know I'm a bit late about it but we bought the CD Barcelona he did with the opera singer a few weeks ago plus the one Made in Heaven, I already have a few Queen CDs.

Maybe best live performance ever. Such a lineup, and Queen killed it. It's not even one of their good songs

A Guy

I watched that when it was on Bill, he was such a showman a brilliant performance.

It was so sad to see him at the end. I can only imagine what it was like for his mates...

A Guy

I know Bill, it's taken them a long time before they replaced him. The first time we saw the new man we weren't that impressed but I think as he has settled into the group he has got better but no one can replace Freddie completely.

Freddie and Paul Rodgers had the best voices in rock. Ironic that Paul Rodgers was with Queen for a while. A Guy

Well the fir trees between me and the next door neighbour, who has just bought the property, have today been cut down. Still trying to get used to it, it makes the place look so much bigger and the light now is brilliant. Now the weather is getting better hopefully I should be able to get outside and tidy the garden up, at least I'll be able to see what I'm doing now. :)

Willow is still very confused by it all she's trying to work out where all the trees have gone. :D

It's too bright :) And it's your turn in last letter game :D

A Guy
Oh! didn't see that, it's usually the first place I go but for some reason when I clicked to show New Posts it either didn't show or I missed it, I will go and rectify the situation. :D
I did notice you went out of sequence with it I'd put Overreach and you came in with Oslo, ??, your slipping Bill :eyeroll:

Last edited:
That's excellent Joan with the extra light you may be able to plant more flowers or shrubs etc now that you've gained more space and light.

It's amazing how much of a difference tree cutting can making. Your poor cat must be wondering what on earth is going on. [emoji23]

Have you worked out who is going to be living there yet?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes I do Angie, I met him over Easter, he actually comes from the area and his Mum still lives around here but he lives in England now. He's got it for a holiday home but I'm not sure whether just for his family or for letting out.

Oh and it's quieter with the trees missing, when dusk started to fall they would fill up with the sparrows etc. and the noise of them chattering and arguing was really loud. :D

Oh that's good, so hopefully he will become a familiar face then over the coming months.

I love the sound of the birds tweeting, we keep seeing all ours looking for nesting gear now. I spotted the pair of Robins yesterday. Hopefully we shall be able to get out into the garden by the end of the week now that Hans back at school. We still have a mammoth task ahead with planting and cutting, although work inside is taking precedence. We've took the carpet up in the hall today ready for the new one tomorrow and then the new front door is coming on Wednesday. I also have accounts stuff that needs doing before the end of the week is up too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back