What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need bricks in the base we've got enough weight in them to begin with! :D

I made the biscuits in the replacement family oven, the Bosch one. The oven debacle is now bordering on the ridiculous. The engineer came today to fix the large cake oven and has realised that the parts they ordered aren't the correct ones.:grrr: The drama continues....oh and then to add insult to injury the replacement family oven we changed to and paid the difference for is now on offer for £300 cheaper. Seriously you cannot make this stuff up! :unamused:

On the plus side the biscuits are nice though!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Oh good grief how annoying about that cheaper offer. I think I'd feel cheated about that. :disappointed: As for now wrong parts arriving I'd feel like you:ffs: I can see you doing cartwheels when all this is finally sorted. :D

Lol, well if I could then yes, but unfortunately I would probably do myself an injury. :lmao: I will be glad when it does get resolved because I'd like to be able to get back to basic baking without any hassle.

It's a nice crisp day today with a little sunshine, now off to play chauffeur for the child. :D

The weather was like that here but a bit more grey than sunshine.

The postman brought a post that made us laugh, a letter for John from a hospital in the next county, 1 of the slips of paper told him to go to his local hospital to have a blood test taken before his procedure, what! :dizzy:

The letter enclosed, we've booked you in to have your pacemaker fitted on the 24th January, be there at 8 am.

Kelly thought it was funny when I told her, oh he is obviously a Time Lord and has 2 hearts, he's having the second one fitted the day before his birthday and he goes for his check for the first one the day after. :D

We've said it loads of times, there is no communication between any of them. :eyeroll:

He'll have to phone them on Monday and get it sorted out, so that's 3 hospitals who have no idea what the others do. :p

If Han had gotten a car for Xmas...

A Guy
I know lol John's waiting on the driverless ones to come out but I'd rather drive myself. We think Hans generation will be the last ones to pass a test before the new wave of technology takes over.

Oh dear me Joan we're on the new year special of life of Joan are we? [emoji16] Honestly I wonder which one he should get back to first. You wonder in this day and age with all the technology they have now how on earth this can happen. I remember John's dad receiving a letter last year telling him that it wasn't a hospital appointment just a note to tell him that there was a date and time that he should note but that it wasn't an appointment he shouldn't stay in and that an appointment would be sent out to him. Absolutely ludicrous! I had to read the letter twice just to make sure.

So John must be like the bus service then none show up then 3 come at once. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I know, it's like he says there is no communication between them. He phoned the number on the letter this morning and told them he'd had it done, it had been done as an emergency last month.
He was thanked and told they'd sort out the records and pass on to the next patient.

Mind you that's 3 counties that have him on record, Pembrokeshire, the one we live in, then there's Carmarthenshire and Swansea.

Lol, John and Joan on tour! Oh the comedy value of that! :p

Well at least with him being on 3 counties records he's bound to get sorted out by one of them. :thumbsup:

So good news people, my cake oven is being exchanged on Thursday, yippee! The place where I bought it have offered us a refund as Smeg haven't even got back to them about parts. I've also checked the website and the large oven I have is currently unavailable so I couldn't have swapped it out for another long one even if I'd wanted to. Not to worry though, I've spoken to my kitchen guy to now re-jig the island and the new Bosch will be with us shortly.

Just a heads up, I'm now an expert on ovens so if there is anything you need to know about them let me know! :D

You see I'm not the only one to have a saga ongoing, we've got The Life of Angie as well. :D

Lol we do Bill. My new oven is now sat on my hallway floor until my kitchen guy can work his magic. He's trying to get me some cupboard inserts so that we can at least mount it in a makeshift cupboard. My new door and section is on order so when we get them it will all be sorted.

I'm so looking forward to baking in it. [emoji16]

Last edited:
Hopefully this will mean you have your dream kitchen at last and you can start to relax and enjoy your new home. :)

So the oven is still on the hallway floor as we are currently still waiting on parts. Even though my new oven is out of action I did bake a Victoria sponge yesterday and completed my second Sunday dinner in the family oven which was fab.

Yesterday I saw Jamie Oliver on the TV making a lovely meal with his five ingredients, it was boiled eggs with a flat bread some chillies and a few other bits and bobs. I've been looking to make boiled eggs for a while now and wondered how long a good egg takes. Anyway I tried Jamie's 5 and half minutes suggestion and by jove I made the best boiled eggs ever this morning. I even managed to keep my toast warm and my cup of tea at optimum temperature. :yum: I will definitely be making them again as the yolk was a creamy thick consistency and perfect for dunking my toast in......delicious!

Jean's going to buy me Jamie's 5 Ingredients for my birthday so I can share with you more delicious finds.

I've just googled it and it was Egg and Mango Chutney Flatbreads. I've never made flatbreads before so I may even have a go at them at some point.

Great, boiled eggs sounds good, I prefer a soft yolk for dunking but don't think I've managed one yet so would love to know what his 5½ minute suggestion was.

It's nice to hear the replacement oven is working as it should be and you are getting good results. :)

Place the eggs in boiling water and boil for for 5 and half minutes. I added a little salt to the water to stop the shell from cracking. I'll definitely be making them again as they are spot on. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Right, thanks it's been a while since I've done soft boiled eggs only do the hard boiled ones every Monday for salad. Mind you I suppose it would depend on the size of the eggs and I have a very opinionated hubby here who is always complaining about the size of the eggs you buy these days and what size they say they are, I wont tell you his remarks with regards that. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back