What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha I know!

Oh that's good you must have been one of the first delivery slots. I always like to give them a sample wash too so at least it's had a clean through with water without the washing.

10 year parts is also great we never bother with stuff like that but my Dad loves guarantees and extras like that.

At least your mind is at ease knowing that they both have ten years in them. Peace of mind is a wonderful thing.

Happy washing! [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It was great, did 2 washes today, of course still experimenting to find the best program for my needs. I know it didn't take as long, especially the drying as my old machines.

Both washes only took an hour from start to finish and the drying took so much less time than my previous tumble dryer I was really surprised so I'm definitely going to save money using them. :D

We fix appliances too, and one thing I've come to learn is, use the correct type of detergent. the days of pouring some powder in are over, the right type, and amount are important. A Guy

Really I still pour the powder into my new one and then add the lenor for softening and fragrance, so am I doing it wrong then? :scream: I use a rice scoop for my specific quantity measure. :D

Oh haven't I had fun this morning. :D

Had a new bed set, duvet cover with a couple of pillowcases king size, I'd had a set a few weeks ago so that got washed in the old machine but it had a bit more foam than usual but I didn't take much notice and forgot about it. :oops:

Put the set in the machine with some softener and a measure of detergent in the cup that you put in the machine. OK off you go, just set it to a 45" wash as it was just to freshen it up and take the dressing out of the set. :scream: Half way through couldn't see inside as it was full of suds :oops: it went to the next stage via the suds pouring out of the detergent drawer. :eyeroll:

Hehe, obviously too much detergent reacting with whatever dressing they put in new bedding. Silly me I should have known not to use as much as if I was doing a normal wash, we are in a soft water area as well which didn't help. At least it gave a couple of the new carpet tiles a quick wash. :eyeroll:

There you are another chapter to the saga. :p

Lol aww bless you it reminds me of the time John put washing up liquid in my dishwasher.

He soaked my kitchen flooring and we had suds everywhere.

At this rate your house is going to be gleaming!

Oh I know they get more efficient as the years have gone by but I forgot about the earlier set I washed and should have learned my lesson, even though at that time it wasn't as bad with regards the suds.

The bedding set I did yesterday was the same maker but I used the liquid dose as if I was doing a full load of dirty washing instead of taking out the dressing from a new set.

I'll be using the detergent that is recommended by Indersit the machine maker anyway, it's a 3 in 1 capsule that goes straight in the drum.

I was a bit worried this morning wondering if the suds had caused any problems because I wanted to wash a couple of sets of bathroom mats, everything went OK though so I breathed a sigh of relief. :D

My washing is currently piling up! I've never read the recommended washing powder stuff so I may have to pull the booklet out and see what is suggests.

I've been painting all my fence and gates today, I've even earned myself a classic badge on my fitbit for doing over 26,000 steps, apparently it equates to 11.6 miles. I'm feeling it now though! My arms and body are aching...Mr Miyagi would be proud. :cool:

My machine came with a capsule of the 3 in 1 Ariel and a packet of that Lenor fragrance beads stuff, can't remember what it's called now.

I'd been using Surf for years, first the powder then lately I've been using the liquid, I tend to buy when they are on offer and stockpile so I had one of the large boxes of powder that was nearly full, I've given that to Kelly, and still have a full bottle of the liquid.

Ariel is on offer at present so got a couple of boxes of the capsules. I have to use a detergent that John isn't allergic too, can't use Daz, and I know Surf and Ariel are safe for him.

I tried those Lenor beads things and didn't think they made an ounce of difference! I don't think I got a freebie to try in the machine. I tend to use the liquid tabs sometimes but mainly I use powder and lenor, although after washing in this machine my clothes don't smell of as much lenor as they used to.

We have been to the Makers Market today at the Lowry, it has been advertised all over the radio for the past few weeks so we thought we would pop over, apparently from the posters inside the Lowry there was to be lots of different stalls on offer and loads to be seen. The only thing we saw was about 20 stalls if I'm honest and not much more! It's on all weekend although it was nowhere near as good as last time. Han had me hunting round for Churros and wasn't very happy when we couldn't find any. :eyeroll:

We spent more time shopping in the Lowry than we did in the market. I did get two new tops though so I'm not complaining. :)

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with your shopping trip I remember the last time you went and seemed to remember you saw a lot more.

At least you didn't come away empty handed so that's something.

I've used Lenor sometimes for softener but mostly have Comfort, I even got a couple of those tumble dryer balls but was disappointed with them, might try them in the new machine to see if they work any better in a newer machine. :eyeroll:

Wow Bill they are on a much bigger scale than ours and look a lot more spectacular to be honest. I bet they are great fun and definitely worth a visit.

@Joan they usually run all the way along the Quays on the waterfront and have music, food stalls and much more crafts. It's as if half of them didn't receive the memo and they made do with what they had.

As for my machine I cleaned the drawer the other day :scream: it was horrible so I hate to see what the pipes were like. I have now transferred over to the liquitabs that go straight in the machine and adding a little lenor to the drawer. Once I'd cleaned all the drawer out I swilled it out as best I could and it seems to be washing better. I've ordered some fairy liquid (not the dishes one lol) on the next order so I'm going to try that. These two are a little sensitive to what I use so I shall see how that turns out.

I also have the dryer balls, I've started to use them again when I dry the bedding because if I don't the bedding ends up in one massive knot and it takes me ages to unravel. They do bang about a bit but after a while I zone out.

Have you ever used calgon to clean your machine? I want to clean the pipes at the top and John suggested bicarb but I don't want to wreck my machine.

Yes Angie I did try the Calgon tablets for a while but to be honest I can't really afford to keep using them and we're in a soft water area so it's not so important. I know what you mean about the dispenser drawer on my old machine if I hadn't cleaned it out for a while the top where the water came out through all those holes used to be really yucky and black. :scream:

I know what you mean about drying bedding, mine always used to end up in a ball even though the dryer did rotate direction, I used to have to keep stopping it to shake it out and carry on drying, not that it made much difference. I did notice it went a lot better in the new dryer but that may have been because it's a bigger capacity dryer so has more room to move but I do know I didn't have a tangled up ball of bedding.

It doesn't take as long in the new dryer either, I've only used low heat so far and still been able to knock off loads of time and the drying is still, well dry. :D

According to the map we are on the border of hard and soft water but I would suggest that it's definitely the former of the two. I have started to use the liquid in the machine and the clothes seem to smell more flowery for want of a better description. The bedding smelt fab when it came out and the drawer where everything used to go is is now gleaming white so hopefully the build up in the pipes will eventually just go away.

Sounds like you're dryer is fab, mine uses it's own heat and decides when the washing is dry, it took me three attempts the other day to dry the sleeping bag as it was damp in a few places but the dryer thought it was fine and kept turning off! :dizzy:

Happy Star Wars day peeps!

Today's thought!

Is your dryer a condense one or vented ? I didn't bother with the condense type as I'd already got the hole in the wall for the pipe and the pipe was fitted to it, although I got a new pipe with the new machine I left the old one in place. I was happy with just having one with the two heat settings and the timer that I could set myself. Of course it kept the price down as well. Kelly has a washer dryer so can't control the heat setting it's just low and can take ages depending of what she's drying.

Instead of just letting the machine dry the load it had just washed she did all her washing then divided it into the thickness of the material so it dried better that way.

Ours is a heat pump one now although I have had both the condenser and a vented. All the new types seem to be this heat pump it ploughs back in all the heat it generates to dry your clothes and is super efficient or so they tell me. Its a 9kg drum with plenty of room and super A+ rated.

I must admit I'm not a fan of the washer dryer as if one bit breaks it's a bit useless but if you haven't got the space then I guess you have no choice. My friend used to have one but hers set on fire in her kitchen. Sounds like Kelly's definitely got a system for hers.

On another note I'm loving this gorgeous sunshine we are having at the moment I simply can't get enough although I was doing paperwork the other day when it was glorious but managed to get a few rays putting some more garden plants in. I had to remove the dead ones that hadn't taken when I moved them.

I've not heard of the heat pump type, I'm happy with the one I've got so far. I clean the filter out after every load and I noticed a difference with the drying time with just having a 1kg extra sized drum, a 7kg instead of the 6kg I had before.

Yes this sunshine is very welcome, my solar lights are getting great charges now so they're lasting much longer through the night.

Ooh pretty garden on the summer nights, I bet you can see all the garden visitors with ease now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back