What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pics-10-4.jpg

A Guy

@A Guy, lol you and the blind guy. 🤣

Story of the day, think comedy gold and slow motion. Han makes her breakfast crumpets and pours herself a large glass of milk. As she walks towards the table her fork drops, she decides to try and save the fork, in doing so she drops the milk onto the plate unleashing a tsunami of milk onto her plate, me, my slippers, the chairs, under the chairs, the table, the table legs, the floor, the couch and the wall.

Cue very grumpy mother on her hands and knees (while she's barely had any sleep and is peeling her eyes open) mopping up every bit of milk she can see. I wouldn't mind, but I knew she was going to do it. 🤣

kitchen spilling GIF

Oh dear poor Han, didn't she help you mop the mess up, love that kitten Angie. Is she back at school yet? Kelly's lot started back today.

No, I sent her out of the way to make some more breakfast. We had a laugh about it last night.

I know the kitten is so cute. It made me laugh although we had way more milk spillage than that. Yeah, she's back at school now, she went yesterday. Did the kids have a good day back?

Well so so, Cameron doesn't say much and he's keeping things to himself but his teacher had spoken to him to make sure he was alright.

Connor struggled but I think he did OK, Caia is a bit too young to really understand even though she's upset about Granddad.

They are doing a post-mortem and the funeral is booked for the 12th November.

That's good that the teachers are keeping an eye on them and school may give them a bit of an outlet and let them focus on something else for a while.

I thought they might do a post-mortem, especially with the way the world is at the minute. How many people are you allowed at the funeral?

You're allowed 12 people to be there, just Kelly's lot and me takes care of half of that but there are others that want to be there.

I'm sure there are, can you do the Zoom/Internet call like you did not long ago for those that won't be able to attend?

I don't know, they haven't released his body yet as they haven't done the post mortem yet, it's too do with staffing problems at the hospital they took him to.

I know the funeral people are chasing them up and the coroner's office phoned me not long ago to say it would probably be done in the morning I told them to get a move on it's stressing me out and I can't sort out financial stuff till I get a death certificate.

Right, I've got to disappear for a while hopefully be back later.

Thanks Bill, I'm trying to hold it all together, doesn't always work though, but I'll get there.

Aww, bless, it's hard enough sorting stuff out at the best of times let alone at the minute. I do hope you manage to get the death certificate soon so that you can sort out the finances and all the other million and one things that need doing.

Big hugs from us and keep going, one step at a time.

Big Hug GIF by memecandy

Thanks Angie, the coroner's office phoned earlier to say they've finally done the post-mortem and the funeral can go ahead but they are only issuing preliminary death certificates for now but she would phone the undertakers and tell them they could collect his body.

Even though they are putting the death as pancreatic cancer they want further investigations doing and have sent samples off for testing. She did say that it could help with any further treatments to be developed or something like that, I couldn't take it all in.

She was going to be sorting all the paper work out and emailing it over to me so I could start sorting things out and she said if anyone queried anything they were to get in touch with the coroner's office.

I'd had an email from the car finance company asking me to send in a copy of the death certificate plus as much information as I could so they could deal with it. I've now got to try and find what info he had about the life insurance. :anguished:

Aww, bless you. I think if you get things in writing, you'll be able to make much more sense of them rather than going through them on the phone as you can re-read at your leisure until it sinks in.

That's good going forward if John's samples could potentially help with developing treatments to help other people in the future.

The lady who is helping sort things out for you sounds really nice and helpful, which is exactly what you need at the minute.

I'm sure with your tech know how you'll be able to sort stuff out relating to the car and hopefully the life insurance. If not I'm hoping John had a good filing system, and you'll be able to find the paperwork swiftly.

You'll get there, just do one job at a time. 😘

Johns filing system was comprised of a pile of paperwork here, a pile of paperwork there a pile of paperwork everywhere, but he said he knew where everything was, that was debatable. His email is even worse, he was still using OE, and there are hundreds of emails in the Inbox. :eyeroll:

I don't have anything sent to my phone, it's all on the computer or printed off, I'm still waiting for the stuff to arrive I thought I'd get it on Friday afternoon, perhaps I'm being too impatient.

As for doing one thing at a time, :eyeroll:, I can't do that because I'll start to do one thing and when there's a pause in that process I'll start something else I can't just wait around for the first thing to finalise before going on to the next. I do have to slow down now and then as my body says I can't go that fast anymore.

Mind you if it's left to Willow I wouldn't leave my chair, as soon as I sit down she's on my knee, she is now. :)

Aww, bless, so you have a lot of stuff to go through then. It's no consolation, but at least it will keep you busy for a while.

I get the no patience thing as I don't have any either if you need something you really want it there and then, that's why I do most things myself, they actually get done that way.

Lol! You sound like me 4 jobs on the go and still something else to do. Please ensure you don't do too much and you at least have a little break in between sorting everything out.

I think Willow is your 'KitKat' moment and is making you slow down...good kitty!

She was on my knee a lot this morning as well, which is unusual but I needed it as I was struggling.

I know I'll get there in the end but at the moment I can't see the end and I'm giving myself a headache trying to get there.

I'm just thankful for my forums which are helping me think of something else no matter how small it may be. 😕

As long as you put one foot in front of the other and do one simple task no matter how small you'll make progress. Rome wasn't built in a day, so please don't be too hard on yourself.

Make your bed...(The message behind this is Amazing, I love it!)

You're sorting through lots of different things at a difficult time whilst trying to make sense of it all. I'm glad the cat is bringing you comfort as are we. 😘 We like you checking in and making sure you're keeping busy.

It's a good job you're tech-savvy and have lots of different forums to check-in and chat, that will do you a world of good interacting virtually with a mixed bag of people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back