What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're on the first day of half term! Argh, I'd gotten used to Han being back at school, so its a bit weird not going back and forth, trekking or going at a hundred mile an hour. I even had a lie in this morning. 😜

We are on home-schooling though as she has to learn a dance routine! Go me! 🤣
Kelly's lot have started the extra week of half term, at least they will all be able to go back to school just before our lockdown finishes in Wales. Infants and juniors start back on the second of November also in Secondary years 7 and 8 are allowed back on the same day and Cameron is in year 8 so he's OK.

The lockdown finishes here on the 9th, they've got extra police to stop anyone getting into Wales who think they can just come for the half-term holiday.

You are allowed to go in and out of Wales if you work in the English side of the border and can't work from home and if your education place is also on the English side like some of the Welsh towns and villages are, also for health purposes.

I know there are some who are upset about the lockdown especially when you live in a very low county area for the virus but as the advert they are showing says, if we all work together we can keep Wales safe.
Seeing is believing when it comes to people following the rules.

I don't know how much I'll be in and out of here but my hubby died at 1.20 this morning after they found he had a large tumour on his pancreas which had spread so I'm a bit of a mess at present.

Oh, my word, I was just saying to John I was going to check in on you because you seem to have been a bit quiet. Aww, bless Joan, I'm so so sorry for your loss and only just seeing this post. If you need anything, then please let us know.

xo GIF

Thank you Angie, I'm not too bad mostly but then I'll just suddenly lose it and burst into tears. I'm trying to get my head round who I've got to be in touch with etc. Just talking to my children and we all end up a mess.
Kelly came round this morning with her hubby and the kids to bring his stuff from the hospital so of course as soon as she came in big hugs and lots of tears again. But I've got help and people who've told me if I need any help just give them a ring but at the moment I'm better on my own, I said I can't cope trying to hold Kelly up as well as myself.
But still using the internet and visiting my forums his helping me take my mind off things so I'm not trying to make sense of it all.

Thank you Thomas I've just answered you over at 10, I'm still struggling to come to terms with it.

I know you mentioned John had appointments but had he been in hospital recently? It's so sad, and so sudden so I'm not surprised you're trying to get your head around it. I was just about to answer your post on Kelly and the kids with half term when I saw your next one.

You can only do one job at a time and you have to do what's best for you. But rest assured we’re all here for you. I will sure to be checking in more while I work on the site, but I'm glad you are gaining a little comfort with your online friends and posting.

I'm so glad that you have got help with everything you need but just know we are sending you lots of love and hugs from a distance and like @thomasreg1 says you're in our prayers. ❤️

Last edited:
I know you mentioned John had appointments but had he been in hospital recently? It's so sad, and so sudden so I'm not surprised you're trying to get your head around it. I was just about to answer your post on Kelly and the kids with half term when I saw your next one.

You can only do one job at a time and you have to do what's best for you. But rest assured we’re all here for you. I will sure to be checking in more while I work on the site, but I'm glad you are gaining a little comfort with your online friends and posting.

I'm so glad that you have got help with everything you need but just know we are sending you lots of love and hugs from a distance and like @thomasreg1 says you're in our prayers. ❤
No, he hadn't Angie not since February when he had that cat scratch and that took 6 months to clear up with him going backwards and forwards to the hospital and doctors to have the dressings changed and to be given antibiotics when needed as the infection was tracking up his arm.

I phoned my landlord a little while ago and he was sympathetic and offered whatever help I needed no matter how small the request.

No, he hadn't Angie not since February when he had that cat scratch and that took 6 months to clear up with him going backwards and forwards to the hospital and doctors to have the dressings changed and to be given antibiotics when needed as the infection was tracking up his arm.

I phoned my landlord a little while ago and he was sympathetic and offered whatever help I needed no matter how small the request.

Oh wow, I remember about the catch scratch and all the to-ing and fro-ing back and forth he was doing and then I know you said he had to get his pacemaker sorted and the issues he was having with his sugar levels.

I'm really glad that everyone is rallying around you and offering whatever help they can. It's hard offering support from so far away, but at least we can get to you online and check-in.

Speaking of checking in did you manage to sleep and have you eaten anything?

I'm currently back to home-schooling at the table with Han. Yeah...not! 🤔 Our lesson for today is Chemistry! We have formulae everywhere. 🙈

The first question, 'What is Mr?'...you can guess my reply. 🤣

Oh wow, I remember about the catch scratch and all the to-ing and fro-ing back and forth he was doing and then I know you said he had to get his pacemaker sorted and the issues he was having with his sugar levels.

I'm really glad that everyone is rallying around you and offering whatever help they can. It's hard offering support from so far away, but at least we can get to you online and check-in.

Speaking of checking in did you manage to sleep and have you eaten anything?
Yes and yes to the last 2 questions, thank goodness for Wiltshire Farmfoods, I don't have to stand cooking and I can enjoy a great meal and tasty pudding.

Tonight I've had a turkey dinner followed by a Summer Fruit Pie with custard. The first night I didn't sleep- at all but the next I looked at the clock just after midnight, the next time I looked it was 10 past 8 and I'd slept through. I didn't get as long a sleep last night but it was still a bit longer than usual.

I'll get there, somebody asked me this morning how I was and I said I don't know, one of my neighbours from across the road came over this afternoon to bring me a sympathy card and tell me how sorry she was and if I wanted anything to just get in touch.

Oh I'm definitely losing it, went to get my cocoa made and took it back into the living room came back to this post then went to pick my mug up and what's sitting there on the table but the pyrex jug I made it in, I never actually put it in the cup. :eyeroll: :dizzy:

Good to see you here Joan. It's not like any situation you have been through before, so of course it will take time. It's not something you would have asked for, but of course it's not something you can change, so the 'Day by day' really does apply. All my best thoughts go your way

A Guy

Yes and yes to the last 2 questions, thank goodness for Wiltshire Farmfoods, I don't have to stand cooking and I can enjoy a great meal and tasty pudding.

Tonight I've had a turkey dinner followed by a Summer Fruit Pie with custard. The first night I didn't sleep- at all but the next I looked at the clock just after midnight, the next time I looked it was 10 past 8 and I'd slept through. I didn't get as long a sleep last night but it was still a bit longer than usual.

I'll get there, somebody asked me this morning how I was and I said I don't know, one of my neighbours from across the road came over this afternoon to bring me a sympathy card and tell me how sorry she was and if I wanted anything to just get in touch.

Oh I'm definitely losing it, went to get my cocoa made and took it back into the living room came back to this post then went to pick my mug up and what's sitting there on the table but the pyrex jug I made it in, I never actually put it in the cup. :eyeroll: :dizzy:

I'm so glad you have some fabulous meals to keep you going, I was hoping you'd still be getting them as I know how much you like them. You must look after yourself like Bill says, taking one day at a time.

It's nice to hear that your neighbour checked in on you although I honestly don't think you'll know how you're feeling for a while.

As for losing it, you're not on your own; I keep wanting to put the Frosties in the fridge, the milk in the cupboard and the gravy where I had it in my other kitchen.

Thank you for checking in with us though, and letting us know how you're doing too. It's lovely to hear from you.

Stop Motion Love GIF by Mochimochiland

Good to see you here Joan. It's not like any situation you have been through before, so of course it will take time. It's not something you would have asked for, but of course it's not something you can change, so the 'Day by day' really does apply. All my best thoughts go your way

A Guy
Thanks Bill, still in a bit of a waiting game at the moment while the hospital decides if it will need to go to the coroner and an Autopsy because they hadn't had him in the hospital that long and not for the illness that caused his death.

I'm so glad you have some fabulous meals to keep you going, I was hoping you'd still be getting them as I know how much you like them. You must look after yourself like Bill says, taking one day at a time.

It's nice to hear that your neighbour checked in on you although I honestly don't think you'll know how you're feeling for a while.

As for losing it, you're not on your own; I keep wanting to put the Frosties in the fridge, the milk in the cupboard and the gravy where I had it in my other kitchen.

Thank you for checking in with us though, and letting us know how you're doing too. It's lovely to hear from you.

Stop Motion Love GIF by Mochimochiland
Thanks Angie and it sounds as if your losing it more than me, mind you I expect you got into a routine going around your other kitchen and think you're still doing the same moves.

I love your knitting Santa. 😂

I still try to log in at least once a day even if sometimes I don't stay very long, it helps me keep busy and not brood too much. :)

Yeah, I meet myself coming backwards! Although I found the Frosties first time this morning. 😆

I thought you'd appreciate the knitting man, I was going for more of a Gnome vibe than Santa but yeah, either way, I knew you'd like him.

I meant to tell you that we have a new resident, we keep getting a hedgehog in the garden and I needed to ask you what you feed yours?

I don't get hedgehogs here, badgers and foxes plus stray cats. But the main thing you can feed them is cat food and dried mealworms, you shouldn't give them milk as it gives them the runs, a dish of water is ok though. They can have vegetables as well but there are some they can't have but I don't know what they are so you'd have to look it up they want building up so they can hibernate through the winter I know they should be a certain weight but I'm not sure what it is. I don't really know too much about them as we don't see them here so I've never fed them.

And here's me thinking you had one. 🤣 Why did I think that? Oh well, nevermind at least now I know what to feed it if needs be. We had deer at the last house, so they just ploughed through my garden bushes, but I've never had a hedgehog. He's adorable, and it was funny watching him sniff around the garden.

I read something about chicken the other day that I'm sure they could have but didn't want to feed it something it shouldn't so didn't put any out. It still keeps coming back though so there must be something here it likes. 😁 Maybe it's the Baroness vibe it's getting. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back