What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [2] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a lovely pic Bill and it must have been a great Sundae to distract you, I was expecting longer tresses and a bit disappointed there isn't a medallion in site! :p

Yes mine is the Duet Master and turns into a hand held unit when needed, you can get it cheaper now than when I bought mine. This is a picture of it I picked up from the Internet. The only problem I have with it is trying to turn it into a handheld as it's quite hard to get it apart, but I suppose it's better than it being too loose and falling apart when you don't want it to. :D
View attachment 2525

I will have a look at that Joan, does yours stand up unaided? I think I will have to do some research, I do like mine it's just that it took me a while to find a supplier of the micro fibre cloths that I clean with. Mine has a smaller head than yours and the carpet thing never really worked any good. I mainly just use it for the steam clean on my floors as I clean my oven after every use and everything else in the house gets wiped down and sprayed with dettol on a regular basis so there is nothing really ground in.

Yes it does stand unaided, it also has a very long cord which is great. :)

I opted for emails from Vax when they have offers, that's how I got a pack of 8 pads, 4 colours 2 of each, they classed them on the box as kitchen, bathroom etc. I got 2 blue ones that came with the steamer.

Another email offer enabled me to get some filters cheap. The steamer comes with several accessories, one useful one is what you might call a tray to stand the steamer in when hot or when you want to put it down during steaming. They are all kept in a drawstring bag which came with it as well. :)

@Bill. Great photo Bill, you can definitely tell you're all brothers, so alike. :D

That's a lovely pic Bill and it must have been a great Sundae to distract you, I was expecting longer tresses and a bit disappointed there isn't a medallion in site! :p

Lol, cut my hair in 1978, graduated and had to get a job, lol. A Guy

Yes it does stand unaided, it also has a very long cord which is great. :)

I opted for emails from Vax when they have offers, that's how I got a pack of 8 pads, 4 colours 2 of each, they classed them on the box as kitchen, bathroom etc. I got 2 blue ones that came with the steamer.

Another email offer enabled me to get some filters cheap. The steamer comes with several accessories, one useful one is what you might call a tray to stand the steamer in when hot or when you want to put it down during steaming. They are all kept in a drawstring bag which came with it as well. :)

@Bill. Great photo Bill, you can definitely tell you're all brothers, so alike. :D

Filters? Do they have filters? Where are those then? I haven't even checked to see if mine has one of those that maybe part of the problem lol.

I still haven't checked them out yet, I will put them on my things to do list. :p

@Bill, it would have been great to see you rocking the long hair or a medallion or maybe even some leathers although I'm not sure leather trousers were out then, maybe just the flamboyant shirts and groovy footwear perhaps lol.

Busy bee today I have been making the Springtime toppers for my upcoming workshop and trying to sell the remainder of the workshop places, hopefully with the bit of advertising I have been doing it will pay off. :D

Mine has filters, they are positioned behind the water tank, don't know if yours does. I've got a box of 3, I may never have to use them as we live in a soft water area.
WP_20150314_22_15_45_Smart.jpg

Feeling quite pleased today as managed to get Kelly sorted out on Skype and had a video call with Caia getting in on the action.

Need to see if there's anyway of getting round not being able to use IE though. She's set hers up via Facebook and it wouldn't let us use IE saying we had to use either Firefox, Google or there was Opera, which as it happened I did have installed.

At least we were able to see each other, but it took awhile as it's that long since I've used Skype and never on this Notebook, Kelly has never used it and she had to get a web cam as her old laptop didn't have an installed camera.

Ok back to mundane jobs like the washing and drying etc. :D

Mine has filters, they are positioned behind the water tank, don't know if yours does. I've got a box of 3, I may never have to use them as we live in a soft water area.
View attachment 2534

We are in a hard water area, I have had a quick look at mine but nothing that suggests it has filters in it. I'm currently on my hands and knees cleaning for the moment until I try it again. :eyeroll:

Did you have a lovely Mother's Day Joan? Hannah made me a card, some flowers (yes she made them) and she got me a teddy and a piping set. :D That's lovely that you had a skype message with Kelly and Caia finally, I have problems with IE so have taken to using other browsers, for some reason everything always seems to crash when I use it or it freezes. :unsure:

Which one do you use ? I think Kelly uses Firefox, I've just downloaded that one, already have Pale Moon, Opera and got Chrome today as well.

I couldn't use IE so used Opera to use Skype but will have to sort out what I'm going to use.

Had a wonderful surprise today, a visit from Kelly with Caia, Peter had a few collections to do in the village so she came along for the ride. :D
Of course because I don't see her enough Caia was a bit dubious at first and when these were taken she was ready for a feed so not the best expression while I'm holding her, I had got smiles though before. :)
WP_20150317_11_23_22_Smart.jpgWP_20150317_11_23_36_Smart.jpg

Aww Joan she is getting big now, and such a pudding, I love babies when they are like that. Ooh skpe and a surprise visit go you, you are flavour of the month. :wink:

I've been a little under the weather for the last few days but I'm feeling better now. So now that I have a little more get up and go Han asked if she could make her Easter Bonnet for Brownies. Somebody bought her a make your own bonnet ages ago which has been in the cupboard for a while so we used that as the base, once that was stuck together properly I let her loose with ribbons and chicks and all other Easter things I could find in my cupboards. The brief said that this is a Child's Competition so basically parents need to back off. :nerd: The only thing I did was stick myself together with super glue!:p

This is a real lol moment in my life as when we were kids we also had the chance to enter an Easter bonnet competition but my Dad set the paper mache hats that he made on fire in the oven so that put paved to that. :( Now I actually have the finished result some 30+ years later......Victory! :dinesh: Here is her final design.....

Easter Bonnet.jpg Easter Bonnet 2.jpg

Invalid attachment Angie so they don't show.

I agree she is growing fast, she looks bigger though in those shots because of me being so short in the body now. :D

Looking forward to seeing Hannah's creation I know it will be a good one she has such a talent for these kind of things. :wink:

Wow! yes I can and it looks great Angie, worthy of any professional hat maker, tell Hannah she has done a brilliant job. :thumbs:

I will, I love it, It is amazing what you can do with some paper and sticky back plastic, Blue Peter eat your heart out. I have told her not to tell her friends about the design and keep it quiet, says me who has posted it all over the internet lol! :p

Lol! :wink:

Today has been a beautiful sunny day where you just have to get in the car and go for a drive, which is in fact what we ended up doing. I love the start of spring and the warmth of the sun on my skin.

I even looked at a steam Karcher Joan but John said I had to read the reviews before buying as he wasn't convinced that it was that great.

Wow that is a serious amount of drought, we have a little sun and then they put us on a hosepipe ban, as much as I really love the sun I would be slightly perturbed by those readings but if that was England it would represent the amount of rain we have. I suppose you would actually go dancing in the rain if and when you see it.

Do you just have summer all year round Bill or do you have rain now and again? If I'm honest I really love my seasons but we could just do with a bit more sunshine. Over the last few years the amounts of sunshine have increased but not to anywhere near your standard. How do you cope with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back