What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [2] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my 18th Birthday I had to register for the draft. There was no draft, but I had to register, lol. A Guy

Wow a milestone and a memory, I had forgotten that it was compulsory to sign up when you were 18, how times have changed. Did you ever get called up Bill or were you just on the list so to speak?

...Back to the present day, and Lewis has delivered my Doughnut maker which I have yet to open as I spent most of the morning trying to decipher bank charges :unsure:, however, my day got a little brighter when I received a lovely bunch of flowers from my equally lovely friend, who loves me lots.....at least this Interflora bunch were beautiful. :p

IMG_20150304_115903.jpg

I have also sorted out one of my Mother's Day gifts too, so just one more to do and then happy days! :wink:

I forgot to show the pudding jumper picture when I finished it, well the first one still have another one to do but having a break and knitting the Christmas Stockings needed before starting the second one. :D

WP_20150228_10_04_58_Smart.jpg

You should do some Easter designs that would be great, we could have eggs and chicks and flowers. :D

I love your festive jumpers and stockings, I think they are fabulous, I think it is lovely that all your grandchildren have stockings and it is a tradition for your family. We never had them as kids, nor did we have a fireplace so maybe that was the reason. John had them but it wasn't something we ever did so I don't do it with Hannah although John ribs me about it all the time as I'm the one usually with all the traditions. :p

Which one are you starting next?

I've got 2 stockings to do then it will be another pudding jumper. I always have to do 2 jumpers with the same design so they have one each. I think they want snowmen next. :eyeroll:

It's not something I'm used to I can't even remember a tree or decorations when I was growing up, we might have had them but knowing the room we lived in I don't know where they would have been able to put a tree. It was different when I had kids we tried to make it fun then and Kelly and Peter just love Christmas and have as many decorations around they can fit in with lots of those musical ornaments around. :D

Great stuff ladies :thumbs: No, never drafted, it was 1978, the only war was against disco, LOL!

A Guy

I'm sure you rocked those platforms and flares....pics or it never happened. Lol! :wink:

Oh I'd happily post them if I had them. The big bells, and your whole shoe disappeared. My hair was down to my waist as well :)

A Guy

You may not have pics of the 70's get up but I'm sure you have pictures of the long hair...share, share. :D

Yes Bill we have been sharing pictures so I think you should share a few of your own, we would love to see them. I can start a throwback Thursday thread if you like just for you. :wink:

I am trying to think what I have been doing today, oh yes now I remember, I have been up since the crack of dawn trying not to wake the house up. I seem to have developed Han's dry cough and it is very irritating, it got me up at 5:40am this morning and then I couldn't go back to sleep. I tried watching some TV and stopped to check out all the teleshopping commercials they were showing. They do make me giggle sometimes, currently there is the the one about the juice Nutribullet which I watched for about 5 mins but that just made me hungry so I got up and made myself a cup of tea and got some biscuits to go with it. :p

Having just looked at the reviews on the product it pretty much gets a 5* so it would seem the infomercial is working, albeit not on me. Lol! :nerd:

I've seen a few of those, I like watching the fellow with the steam cleaner, he makes it look so easy.:D

I have no pictures myself. My Mom likely does, but they would probably be slides, not prints. I wish we had digital cameras then...

A Guy

I think the only one we've seen of you is that one with your sister, I think it was in the Seven forums post a picture of you thread. :wink:

I've seen a few of those, I like watching the fellow with the steam cleaner, he makes it look so easy.:D

That's the X5 Joan, I have one of those although the last time I used it I think it started to go on the blink, I saw the advert and wanted one for ages and then I found out my friend had one, she swore by hers so I got one. They are good but if you have it on too high then you lift and bubble the laminate floor like I did :plead: you cannot tell unless you are looking for it but I know it is there.
It's great for my tiled floors though.

I have no pictures myself. My Mom likely does, but they would probably be slides, not prints. I wish we had digital cameras then...

A Guy

Bill, did they not have polaroids back then? That would be the nearest to digital I would assume, I thought polaroids were fabulous although I didn't have one, we had one at work and I used to love using it to photograph samples we got from the far east.

Yes I wanted one but couldn't afford one but I do now have a Vax Steam cleaner. I know what you mean about trouble with steaming, don't have settings on mine but I know the perils of trying to steam in one place to much. :eyeroll:

In my kitchen the floor is made up of those stick on tiles and because of the type they are and me no longer being able to get down and use a scrubbing brush, which was the only way to get them clean, I use the steamer and in a couple of places where they had stubborn dirt marks it melted the glue so they aren't stuck down properly in places anymore. :scream:

At least it's OK for the bathroom and toilet as they have ceramic tile floors. :D

Edit: Just a thought for yours, make sure that there are no bits that may have got into the holes. Mine went on the blink not steaming properly and I phoned the makers, they told me to use a thin wire, say a stretched out paper clip, and poke the holes where the steam comes through. It worked and it was back to steaming as it should.
Just a thought if that was your problem. :)

Last edited:
Me and my niece, yes. We had a Polaroid camera. Watching the picture develop was cool...back then, lol.

A Guy

Yes I wanted one but couldn't afford one but I do now have a Vax Steam cleaner. I know what you mean about trouble with steaming, don't have settings on mine but I know the perils of trying to steam in one place to much. :eyeroll:

In my kitchen the floor is made up of those stick on tiles and because of the type they are and me no longer being able to get down and use a scrubbing brush, which was the only way to get them clean, I use the steamer and in a couple of places where they had stubborn dirt marks it melted the glue so they aren't stuck down properly in places anymore. :scream:

At least it's OK for the bathroom and toilet as they have ceramic tile floors. :D

Edit: Just a thought for yours, make sure that there are no bits that may have got into the holes. Mine went on the blink not steaming properly and I phoned the makers, they told me to use a thin wire, say a stretched out paper clip, and poke the holes where the steam comes through. It worked and it was back to steaming as it should.
Just a thought if that was your problem. :)

Thanks Joan I will try that, I don't know why but it seemed to take forever to heat up and then after switching it off and on a few times it then decided to work. I can't have it being temperamental on me. I will try and see if there is anything stuck in it. What's the Vax one like? Does it detach in to a hand held steamer too or is it just the full unit?

I know what you means about melting stuff, I used to love our old stick down tiles in the other house, it was the quickest way of getting a floor put down and something that actually got finished! :p

Today I have been searching through my mountain of pictures...that would be food pics Bill lol and I am now in the process of editing them so that I can add more tutorials to the site.

Yes mine is the Duet Master and turns into a hand held unit when needed, you can get it cheaper now than when I bought mine. This is a picture of it I picked up from the Internet. The only problem I have with it is trying to turn it into a handheld as it's quite hard to get it apart, but I suppose it's better than it being too loose and falling apart when you don't want it to. :D
s7-front123456.jpg

OK, me (2nd from right, distracted by my sundae), and my 2 brothers and my Dad...80's I'd say

9a0qo0.jpg

A Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back