What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [2] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, technology is supposed to make it easier, there is nothing worse when something gets upgraded and then you have to suss out how it works only to find it doesn't work the way you wanted it too!

My Dad always quotes 'Good old pen and paper' you can't go wrong with it ha ha!

I am glad it works for you, so are you listening to the books on your phone now?

Yes I am, well I started one last night that I'd first started to listen to on the computer and I've got a couple more downloaded ready to listen to after. :)

I have made an edible miniature teapot today! I'm actually surprised on how cute it looks. This is just a tester before I make my proper toppers over the weekend.

IMG_20150508_133922.jpg

Yes Joan, and thanks Bill, it's for my next workshop, it is a Tea Party theme so of course we have to include a teapot. I have also been making miniature cakes too although when I showed them to my Dad to see what he thought he ate one without realising I needed it! Lol! He said it tasted good so at least that is something. :p

.....I have now finished making all the mini cake goodies, here they are.

Tea Party Cupcakes 1 (1).jpg

Oh dear, where are you decorating Jean ? You could always use the spilt water to clean the paint. :roflmao:

The bedroom, hall and the conservatory it didn't go very well because the paint for the bedroom was supposed to be coffee and cream and it dried yellow and brown. The clean up water was a disaster and I made more of mess but yes I could have used it to clean the paint flakes. :)

They certainly look yummy, well done Angie.

I'm just waiting for tomorrow, the heatings gone again, well it's not been right for a while but lately it's been getting worse switching on one time then not the next time.
It came to a head Friday, they system didn't turn on that morning but a bit later in the afternoon I turned it on early, it worked but then stopped later that evening. Phoned the landlord Saturday morning but the plumber can't come till tomorrow.
Had to resort to the emersion heater for water and one electric fire for heat. :eyeroll:

Sod's law it always happens when the weather goes cold again. :grrr:

The bedroom, hall and the conservatory it didn't go very well because the paint for the bedroom was supposed to be coffee and cream and it dried yellow and brown. :)

I like it Jean it actually looks quite nice. :D

They certainly look yummy, well done Angie.

Thanks Joan, some of them were a little bit of a faff but we got there in the end.

Oh no not the heating, that's no good especially in this weather it's still really nippy outside. I do hope you get sorted out. We're having house mishaps too. After taking two rads off the wall the other day we managed to empty the system fully because one of the valves hadn't shut off properly then the pipe wouldn't stop leaking, we did manage to stop it in the end but you know how much I love water. :eyeroll:

Oh dear that doesn't sound good Angie. The one problem I've found out though is that the emersion is not right. Since having the oil system installed we've always used that for heating water, the emersion was put into the tank as back up or emergency.

I put it on a couple of times yesterday to get some hot water so didn't notice much out of the ordinary, put it on this morning and left it for a few hours. I don't know what the temp is set too but it was a lot hotter than the oil system and that's set at 60C, running water to rinse some things even the tap top was hot. John ran water to fill the sink and put dinner dishes in the sink to soak and the tap top was really hot again.

I daren't leave it on for any time in case it's overheating, I'll see what the plumber says when he comes tomorrow. :grrr:

Well instead of him just getting it going again, it will only pack up again, he asked if it was OK with me they do the pipes. I agreed so he spoke to the landlord and told him.

So today he turned off the system drained the rads and tomorrow he'll come back with his son, who is also a plumber and heating engineer, and do the pipes and hopefully that should sort it out.

I told him about the immersion heater and he had a look, apparently it was only set at 50C, anyway he turned it down another 5C, I still reckon it's not right but at least I can get hot water. It will be OK till the oil system is sorted out.

So got the electric fire on again tonight, Willow loves it she's curled up right in front of it. :D

So are your guys there to sort your pipes out today? Are they fitting new ones for you? We have left ours well alone for now.

I know they always says its better if stuff like this happens in the summer but I think we are heading back to winter with all this wind and rain. We are still waiting for the conservatory to be fixed but that won't get sorted out until its a dry day and we won't know when one of those will be again.

It never rains but it pours lol literally. :D

Yes the pipe work in the loft is all done and they'll come back tomorrow and fill the system and test it. It was just the pipes that were in the loft, when the system was put in all the pipes going up from the rads were copper but at some point in the loft they changed to plastic so they made them all copper.

They've moved the pump out of the airing cupboard and put that up in the loft, according to them some of the pipework was not in the right place when it came to the way the water went to and fro, which was why it was drawing in air.

I've no idea after all it had been working OK for years but I'm not about to tell them their job I'm not paying the bill. :D

Yippee I'm warm, well I am at the moment.
Martin and Darrel came back this morning, they filled the system then came the moment of truth and switch on. Things fired up then Darrel, who was in the loft, shouted turn it off put a pipe on, I went in the passage and there was water dripping through a join in the ceiling.
That was sorted and as it was the only leak time to turn it on again. This time everything worked, all I had to do was sort out the controls. As the weather here was a bit warmer today the rads turned off for the afternoon but came back at their appointed time and fingers crossed they're working. :D

Happy World Baking Day! :D

So so glad you are warm Joan and thanks for checking up on me. Busy bee as prepping for tomorrow's workshop so I'll catch up soon.

Happy World Baking Day! :D

So so glad you are warm Joan and thanks for checking up on me. Busy bee as prepping for tomorrow's workshop so I'll catch up soon.
Pleased to see you, try not to wear yourself out.

I thought we'd got a breakdown again Saturday, everything worked OK in the morning and came on as expected. Time for it to start up late afternoon and nothing, the controls showed it should be on but the boiler wasn't firing so I had to press the reset button on the boiler, I had to do that several times for the rest of the time it was on that evening.

It worked without problems on Sunday and again this morning. I'd phoned the boiler man Saturday afternoon to tell him there was a problem but had to leave a message.

He phoned this morning but early before I got out of bed so John answered and told him oh it's working now so it might had been a glitch, didn't mention anything about having to keep pressing the reset button or the time it takes between the boiler turning on and it actually firing up, all things I would have mentioned. :eyeroll:

When I asked John if the boiler man was coming round he said no keep an eye on it and get in touch if it plays up again. :huh:
Fingers crossed it was just a glitch.

Don't you just love it when things go wrong. :roflmao:

So the question is do you keep having to press the rest button or does it work? See that always happens with us I say things like that to John like did you mention that or say that and he goes no didn't know I had too. :eyeroll:

Oooh things going wrong Joan, I have been Queen Bee of that baby, yesterday was excruciating from start to finish, lots of events occurred which were detrimental and I find this only happens when I have seen a dead bird, it's like the apocalypse arises and all hell breaks loose. Our tea party workshop itself were good however, I was glad to see the back of yesterday although I got to see lots of this morning too as the rain battered against the windows and my brain wouldn't shut off as I had stuff whirring round it so I spent a lot of it watching TV.

Needless to say today is a new day and we move on, today hasn't been that bad, I have got a few errands done. I still have a lot to do before finishing school including finding the bow to Hannah's Viola, apparently it has been misplaced and we don't know where it is I wouldn't mind if it was hers but it's schools! We have asked the school to have a look out to see if it will turn up but if not I shall await the bill for a replacement. :unsure:

Not having to keep pressing the reset button thank goodness so it must have been a glitch. Well I hope it was, fingers crossed, can't cross anything else or I'll fall over. :p

It sounds as if you've had a really busy few days, hopefully things will calm down for you now. Hope you manage to find that bow so you don't get a bill from the school. :)

That's a relief I had visions of you hovering over it and pressing it intermittently. Lol! :wink:

Yeah I am really busy at the moment but don't feel like I am making any head way other than today when I felt I have been productive. I'm on my job swapping bit now and have to move over and do the accounts although I am hoping to get a little shut eye before doing that. The weather kept me awake last night so I'm hoping to sweepy peep tonight.

:sleep-039::sleep-039:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back