What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [2] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:roflmao:Oh hokey hokey cokey, oh hokey hokey cokey, knees bend arms out that's what it's all about. :p

The Hokey Pokey

You put your right hand in,
You put your right hand out,
You put your right hand in,
And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.

2) left hand
3) right foot
4) left foot
5) head
6) butt
7) whole self

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hokey_cokey

A Guy

See you learn some thing new everyday, I didn't know that we are the only country that calls it the Hokey Cokey, after reading wiki Bill I find that we are the minority. How bizarre that we use an alternative rather than what everyone else uses, I think we like to be different! :p

Well today I've been getting damned annoyed with 10. I'm not going to bother anymore just wait till it's out.

After the disaster the last time I put a new version of 10041 into the VM I started it today and went to Windows Updates, it installed a few then downloaded the new preview version, started the install and then it screwed up by losing the pointer so I couldn't do a thing. The VM was in a corner of the screen but there just wasn't any sign of the pointer anywhere.

I did ctrl+alt+del, thought I'd see what task manager said, trouble was it obviously got hidden behind the VM window so all I had was the taskbar icon and with no pointer there was nothing I could do grrrrrrrr

Oh b****r this, hit ctrl+alt+del again and then hit the shutdown button, I've had enough of this palaver so think I'll leave it to the others to make sure it works OK. :(

Mind you there's no saying I might not give it another go later on. :p

I hear you Joan, technology is driving me mad at the moment, that usually happens to me along with a frozen screen, no way of getting anything retrieved and then I just pull the plug and start shouting!

I do hope you manage to get it installed it is so frustrating having to do something over and over especially when you shouldn't have too. Let me know if you give it another try. :p

I'm gonna stick to 7 unless I need a new PC, or something really entices me to Ten. Free for a year...we'll see. I may be the last one on 7F...

A Guy

Well I've got my desktop that runs 7 but not sure if that will be ok to run 10, it's getting on a bit now as it came with Vista originally. What I use the most is this Asus Notebook running 8.1 but even that is getting on a bit now as I bought it late November 2012. That's the one I've been running 10 in the VM on, apart from this 10049 preview which is proving more trouble than it's worth.

I will upgrade as I just love to have the latest, ok I might be a bit behind doing it but I won't be too far behind everyone else. :wink:

Well you're ahead of me I'm on 8.1 and will gladly stick to it if you are having all this faff. I know down the line I will have to upgrade but I'm happy to stick with what I've got for now. You can tell me all the about the bells and whistles when you're running full steam ahead! :wink:

Let's hope it's soon.

:thumbs:

Busy bee today lots of paperwork to do, themes to sort and trying to sort out the house. I seem to be meeting myself coming backwards.

Well after a very hard week of multi tasking, clearing out the living room in stages, catching up on paperwork and seeing numbers in my sleep I have decided to have a day off today and am off to spend time with Han.

I am looking forward to a girlie day together....I have definitely earned it. :dinesh:

Are you up and running yet Joan or you still in cyber oblivion! :dizzy:

Enjoy your girlie day. :D

I haven't started the VM for a few days, was thinking of doing it today or I might leave it till tomorrow, still thinking about it. :p

Been too long since I had a girlie day :p

65 hour week finally over, massive headache right now, but NBA playoffs start tomorrow, and my team, The Golden State Warriors were the best overall team this season, and have home court advantage throughout.

A Guy

Hope your headache clears up Bill and you enjoy your game.

I tried my Windows 10 VM last night and it didn't work, :grrr: this time after clicking on it expecting it to start up I just got a message that it was already being used, what :dizzy:, I hadn't started it for days.

Had a look again this morning and still got the same message even though I'd only just started the laptop. I just made a new VM and installed 10041 again but this time it installed OK but the start button doesn't work, click on it and nothing happens. :eyeroll:

This is getting ridiculous now, I'm using it at the moment and typing this from IE in 10 but if I have many more problems I may give up and just wait for the final version. I just don't have the time to mess about with it. :(

What Bill no girlie days, you need to do something about that. :p Was it a good game? I hope they win for you, we're more into our football (soccer) over here although we lost our game today :(. I'm not an avid fan as I used to be but I still like to know how they do.

As for the headache I hope that chilling with a few beers and the game will have you relaxed and headache free in no time, if not I'm sure it will help. :wink:

Oh Joan, I think I would happily throw your machine through the window, I don't think I would have the patience for all that faff. I think at this rate it will probably take you until the real version comes out to get going. I think after this many attempts I would give it up as a bad job, but I do know how much you love your technology.

As for me, well it was a lovely day yesterday, it was great being in Manchester, doing a little shopping, then popped to see my Nana on the way home after she has recently left hospital.

Then today we have been out in the sunshine, cleaned all the outside windows three times after John made a mess jet washing, brought the garden furniture out and planted some new plants. I love the sunshine.....feeling hot hot hot. :D

A wins a win in my book no matter what the score, glad they won, I'm sure that made you feel a little better.

Well things will finally get back to normal tomorrow when Han finally returns to school, it's been very much a juggling act but we've had great fun this Easter. However, I am looking forward to getting back into normality and proper work mode...I have lots to do! :D

Well I've been having fun today, got my upgrade phone delivered so I've been sorting it out and finding my way around it.
It wasn't too bad as I'm already used to a Lumia Windows phone it's just a better version.

I've got the Lumia 830, it's great, it's got a lot more features and a better camera. OK this isn't the best but it's got a selfie button so I took this one. :plead:
WP_20150420_17_09_27_Selfie.jpg

Forgot to say Angie, I did another 10 VM Saturday and this one seems to be working OK at the moment, don't know if I dare go to the Fast track and try to get the 10049 version again at present I've got 10041. :eyeroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back