What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [2] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm not going to mention the damn boiler again, :grrr: it was playing up again last night, spoke to the boiler man and he's coming Friday morning, he'll come before if it stops completely, but as he said if he doesn't know what is triggering it he wont know what's wrong.
So perhaps if I don't mention it again it will work. :p

Hope you managed to get some sleep last night, I had a bad night I think it was playing on my mind whether the boiler would work this morning, it did as it happened.

Aww bless you I hate it when things are temperamental especially when you are trying to get them fixed. Are you hoping if you don't mention it it will miraculously fix itself? I won't mention it unless you do. Lol! :wink:

I have managed to get some sleep thank you and I think I have caught up a little but this week seems to be going nowhere at all. Hannah has got her friend coming over for tea tonight so she is a happy camper.

As for me I'm now working on the designs for the next workshop, if you could see my drawings you would chuckle, I'm not the greatest drawer' but at least they are sketched, I am a lady with a plan. :D

Glad you were able to catch up on sleep. As for your drawing, as long as you know what they are I suppose that's all that matters.

Hope Hannah and her friend enjoyed their tea.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, boiler man has just gone. He took it apart and he said the end result was a faulty pump, he put a new one in but he did say it could have been the motor as because of the problems it could have put a strain on it.

It's all working at the moment so hopefully it's fixed, I know if it plays up again I'll blame the motor. Landlord will have to find someone else from the end of June as Martin is retiring, he's hoping he can sell the business but we'll see. The annual yearly service is due in August.

I'm so glad you are all sorted out with you know what. :wink:

I've been doing some gardening today in this lovely sunshine because the garden has grown about 4ft away from my wall and needed cutting back. I also saw the doves and the babies that have just flown the nest. We were hoping to see their first flight this morning but they had already gone, they were gearing up for it yesterday but got back on the nest. Today the nest is empty but I have seen the babies in the trees. Last year the doves had a few babies so maybe we might get some more again. :D

We've always got plenty of doves round here, they breed all year round and once you see the young ones around the adults are at it again.:eyeroll:

So far we've got baby Greenfinches and Blackbirds we're waiting for the baby Goldfinches, Sparrows and Chaffinches to appear and of course the Robin oh yes seen a baby Wren as well.

We've seen plenty of adults coming to get stocked up with food so we expect there's youngsters in the nest, Rooks, Jackdaws, Crows and we know probably the Sparrow Hawk as well because they took a dove the other day.

We get a lovely selection of wildlife and birds round here, of course our badgers still come round every night. :D

I must admit I do love them coming back every year and yes they seem to have a few babies. :wink: There are all kinds of birds we see now, that are wonderfully bright and colourful. We are hoping to see the woodpecker again which we saw last year, that was fantastic and since we moved the bird feeder I can see lots more birds out of the window including the squirrels too which are stealing the nuts. :eyeroll:

See badgers from what I know are quite huge and bad tempered creatures, do you get them all the time? I wouldn't like to fall over one in the garden sheesh I had enough when the frog jumped on me. We don't tend to have many frogs up here, the time I saw them was a few years ago and I haven't seen anymore since.

Well today I've seen the baby Robins and Chaffinches, the adult Goldfinches are putting in an appearance again stocking up so we expect to see babies soon.

Our badgers are round every night, they're more frightened of you, we do have friendly ones. When I say friendly I mean they don't run away when they see you, some will just go a short distance away but we've got a couple that stay where they are can carry on eating, they look up but probably know we won't hurt them so don't bother with us.

Here's one of them I'm standing right in the doorway.

WP_20130716_004.jpg

Our squirrels have no shame they would probably dress up as badgers for more food. :p That's a great picture of the badger Joan it looks quite small, John keeps telling me they are huge creatures although yours looks like a baby. We used to see foxes at night but not anymore.

Do you feed all the night time creatures?

We've got different feeders both sides of the house, seed, niger seed, peanuts, suet blocks, fat balls and sunflower hearts.

There is also a dish outside the door that always has cat biscuits in it, usually during the day the blackbirds eat them but the 2 stray cats do as well then at night it's the badgers turn. If I've done mashed potatoes for any dinner there's usually some left and the badgers enjoy that as well.

The pets and wildlife eat better than me. :eyeroll:

Oh! it was probably the angle that made him look small because I was looking down on him and he was looking up. Full grown they're nearly 3ft long then another 5 or 6" for the tail. They can weigh about 11 to 12 kg but the female is heavier in the Autumn, they start breeding when they are 2 years old.

Last edited:
Crikey I would be scared to go out the back door :scream: and you encourage them to enter your property lol you're made of some strong stuff Joan sheesh.

It does look quite small from the picture which is how I had always imagined them having never seeing one in real life. I thought they were slightly bigger than a cat, I cannot believe they are 3ft! Do they generally just come out at night or do you spot them in the day too?

Today is back to normal now after half term, Han has her friend round for tea and I am trying to get back into normality. Thank you for answering posts Joan, much appreciated.

We have seen them during the day but they mainly tend to come out at dusk to forage. They like it when it's been wet because the worms come up to the top then so they don't have to dig far down to get them.

As for answering posts no problems there wasn't that much to do just keep Bill occupied in the last letter game. :)

I missed you, forgot about it being half term did you go anywhere ?

Thanks for sorting Bill out, :wink: yeah we went to Tenerife for a few days just to get away, it's been quite a while as we have been working on the house as you know so the break was lovely. We still haven't finished the living room yet though. :p

I'm glad to hear you managed to get away for a few days, I bet the break did you both a lot of good you deserve it.

What was the weather like there, hopefully better than here. :p

Weather was ok it warmed up towards the end of the holiday but still warm enough to walk round in dresses and catch a few rays. The change of scenery was good because the weather has been pants here and now it's back to wet and windy now we're back on the school run! :eyeroll:

@Bill, you're always one to watch. :p

Glad to hear the weather was kind so it didn't spoil the holiday.

You should know what to expect here, it is flaming June after all. :p It's still blowing here today but not as bad as yesterday and at least the sun is out instead of chucking it down with rain. :wink:

You've got it good then, we are on torrential rain and serious gales, I think last night they were expecting up to to 65mph winds. It is howling out there today and I have to go out in it again too. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back