What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [2] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had it worse yesterday, it calmed down a bit today, which is probably why you've got it, it was moving across and up. I'm sure I saw that around Snowdon it was 78 mph yesterday.
I don't like the wind it frightens me, especially when you have enormous ash trees around you. :(

:scream: I hope the wind was kind to you Joan, trees and wind are not a great mix. The weather seems to have done a u turn now and is really sunny which Im pleased about although I have been feeling slightly under the weather. I think its all this hot cold hot cold it needs to make its mind up.

Well other than dreaming about cakes, cake shops and models last night, I'm thinking its a sign to get myself into gear :wink: I shall be working on my next batch of cup cake toppers and finishing off the accounts. I've also been making subtle modifications to the site. I have to get off here too as John wants his iPad back lol.

I did notice the links down the left hand side although I've not clicked on any yet. :)

I know what you mean about the weather changing, the wind dropped then we had sun and rain in one day, todays been sunny with a wind but quite chilly, I wish it would make it's mind up. :(

Hope you get better soon, it's not nice feeling ill especially when you've got work to do. :)

Work is my life these days... Last week was 65 hours, the week before 75! It means nice paychecks, but other then watching my Warriors in the NBA playoffs, now Finals :wink:, all I do is work. I miss the days of helping at 7. Oh well, life goes on :)

A Guy

Don't you go and push yourself too hard Bill, the wage may be good but it's not worth making yourself ill for. Try and make some time for yourself and enjoy a bit of life. :)

OK just noticed something else, just finished with posts and I don't think I clicked anything but I suddenly had a box appear in the middle of the screen with the social media icons showing plus one that said more, I clicked on that one and wow another box with a very long list of other places I could go to if I wanted to. :)

Oh I'll have to have a look at that Joan, I've been making my cupcake toppers today so I have been a little busy. I'll get john to work his magic on it.

Bill all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy so please make sure you have some you time, I agree with Joan and the monies nice but a little 'me' time or in this case 'you' time goes a long way. I hope you enjoy the playoffs.

:thumbs:

Did Hannah have Rainbow Brite Angie ? The photo you saw was part of what Caia will get from me for Christmas there will be a Care Bear as well.
Just got to transfer the money over this week and she can get Connors Christmas present and that's the kids birthdays and Christmas presents sorted out for this year. :D

You're most welcome Bill.

No Joan, I watched Rainbow Brite as a kid and when I saw the doll it took me back to my childhood. Han hasn't really had any 80s kids toys but she did watch the Care Bears I think once. I sometimes show her episodes of cartoons I used to watch as a child and then she can see how great the quality is now.

I cannot not believe how organised you are, that's really good that you sort out everything in advance, I'm sooooo busy this month I don't know if I am coming or going so I'll be glad when we enter July. Christmas for me will definitely have to wait. :wink:

It's not so much me being organised as Kelly, I just transfer money over to her and she gets what they need. This way they actually get what they want and need rather than a load of rubbish, their other granny tends to get them a load of cheap stuff from the car boot sales.
I only transfer a set amount each time and it's up to her what she gets them within that limit.

Kelly was an 80s child, 1981, and she's loving being able to live it again through Caia :)

You're such a good Granny, it's nice that you give Kelly money to buy the things she needs for Caia. When I saw the doll I wasn't sure if it had been kept for 30 years in pristine condition :wink:. I loved the 80's we had great cartoons, 4 channels on the tele then we got 5 in the 90's :dinesh: I had a black and white tv back in the day with a round aerial at the back and the round dials at the front to tune it in.

I do know all the cartoons Kelly mentioned, although she left out Thundercats but I don't remember the puppy one. I have such fond memories from the 80's and think it was such a great era. Han finds it bizarre that we didn't have phones and iPads and that you were lucky if you had a computer. She wanted to know how we found out information if there was no internet to which I replied the Library. Hee hee she doesn't know she's born. :D

I know, a lot of the kids would never survive if they had to live through that period having to do without phones etc.
They look at you gone out when you say we actually went out to play and talked to each other.

I remember those TVs the first time I saw one was at a boyfriends house in Newark, they had a magnify screen in front so you could see it. At home we had the radio, Home, Light and Luxemburg.

The doll had been kept in good condition for all those years, it just needed a few stitches in a couple of places. :)

I know, Hannah thinks her Granddad went to school and had slates and chalk to write with and the dinosaurs went too. :wink:

I always wanted a colour TV but had the black and white one for ages, I always used to fiddle about with the aerial at the back to try and get a good reception ha ha, takes me back.

NO WAY, that doll must be worth a fortune now, I'd check it out to see how much it's worth, Caia might be sucking on BIG money! Seriously did you wrap it up in cotton wool and clingfilm and hide it away? It's in MINT condition.

I had nothing to do with it Angie, just paid for it. Kelly saw it and bought it I'm not even sure where it came from, it might have been eBay. That photo on Facebook was the first time I'd seen it. :)

The condition of it is fabulous, it's so clean, usually dolls like that have been dragged through the mud, been sucked half to death, dribbled on and then thrown left right and centre. That one must have been really cared for. :D

I know Kelly was surprised how good it was, just a few stitches needed. :)

Her washing machine packed up on her at the weekend, so overflowing wash basket and of course Caia had to throw up on Kellys bed a couple of times. :(

Oh no, it's horrible when your machine packs in especially mid wash too! I do hope she is all sorted now.

I hope everybody had a lovely Father's Day, it's been a busy old week for me last week as is this week. I have the School Graduation Workshop this evening and then I have a 70th birthday cake to make for the end of the week.

I did make some Fun Father's day cupcakes yesterday which my Dad devoured, When I get a sec I'll post them on.

Hope you all are good. :D

Does sound like you've been a busy bee. Look forward to seeing the photos.

Kelly's all sorted out with a new washer/dryer, she really likes it and says it is so quiet even when spinning. :)

Today I finished the Christmas Pudding jumper for Peter, my son-in-law, and cast on a pudding jumper for Caia, she's the only one so far who hasn't got a Christmas jumper. This is Peters one, I'll show Caia's when it's one.
WP_20150622_12_13_24_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Hello :D

Wow I never seem to get a minute this month but we do get there in the end. So it was Father's Day on Sunday and as I mentioned I made my Dad some funny cupcakes. They have been on my to do list for a while so even though I was prepping for last night's workshop I still managed a little time out of my schedule to make these for him....

Fathers Day Cupcake.jpg Fun Father's Day Cupcakes1.jpg

He thought they were great and managed to devour them, he said the faces looked a little Italian which made me giggle then he asked me whether they were him through the ages. Needless to say he thought they were funny which is what I was aiming for and he loved them. He did actually get other pressies too but he likes the cakes the BEST!

So last night was the School Graduation Cupcake Workshop which is where we made these.

Graduation cupcakes (12).jpg

Obviously because it is coming towards the end of the year I thought we would keep in theme and make the cupcake toppers all about school. The ladies had a lovely evening and were happy with their designs, I do have the pictures for that but they will have to wait as my next job to do is make a 70th birthday cake this week.

This job is slightly different to the others as I have a specific colour scheme and my friends mum has asked me to re create a cake that she received when she was 7 years old. I have no picture of this cake other than the fact it was green with pink flowers. I now have to re create this memory! :scream:

Here are the colours I am using.....

Icing Samples.jpg

I must admit I have ummed and ahhh about this cake a lot and it has given me plenty of stress and design nightmares, however, needless to say I have to create something this week so I am hoping that my inspiration will increase throughout the week and I will eventually make her something truly magical. My friends Mum is a very elegant lady so I hope I do her proud.

From the samples above I will be using the pink on the right hand side and obviously the green lol!

@Joan, I'm glad Kelly is now up an running with the washer/dryer. I love your Jumpers as you know, you are very talented. I cannot wait to see the finished pudding jumper for Caia, is she the last one or do you have a stack of other orders you have to finish?

I tell you I will be glad when June is over, this is one month that has been absolutely non stop chocca block.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back