What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [2] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know never enough hours in the day, I'm retired and still don't have enough of them. :D

Good luck with your Christmas workshop if those toppings are for it you'll be OK they looked great. :wink:

Thanks Joan, been shopping today, went for everyone else but ended up getting a few snug cardigans for myself. :D

I lied about my hoover it's not a vax as I thought it is a Dyson DC33 lol, I was hoovering yesterday and started laughing when I looked down at it. I think my last one was a Vax, shows how much notice I take of it, I'm just on auto pilot when I use it.

Yeah my final workshop for this year is on Monday, my delivery of icing came today so I just have to get everything set up over the weekend and then fun, fun, fun on Monday. My carrot nose fell off my snowman but I managed to glue it back on.

Trust you getting it wrong. :roflmao:

Glad to hear you managed to glue the snowman's nose back on you can't have a snowman without a nose.:D

frosty-picking-his-nose-800x661.jpg

A Guy :)

I've broken his nose again as he went for a Burton when I put him in my bag last night at the end of the workshop he now looks like this.....

IMG_20151124_120825.jpg

It looks like the birds have been at him!

He did his job anyway, we had a lovely workshop and even though I challenged the ladies a little they ended up with some fab creations. Now onto my other nine million jobs before Christmas! :nerd:

:roflmao:

Oh that made me giggle Bill, aww bless you, you're probably right and he has succumbed to Hollywood calling. :p Thank you, I like making cute stuff the kids love it and it's great fun to do. Hope you had a lovely thanksgiving and are now eating all the left over turkey.

Thansgiving turkey.JPG

Well we've been sold. :p

Sheila the landlady phoned me late afternoon to tell me they were on their way back from the auction the bungalow had been sold and nothing would change till completion, which is in the New Year.

I'll go onto the estate agents web site tomorrow and find out how much it went for, I'm dying to know.

We had a late viewing yesterday, the people had just got back into the country and came down from Gloucester.

Angie, no turkey this year, just stayed home and had a roast beef sandwich and some ravioli, lol. Considered doing the full turkey meal myself, but it takes hours.

Joan, you and John and your place are like a diorama now :) Sure hope everything works out for you.

A Guy

The new landlord made a quick visit this afternoon to introduce himself, he only lives down the lane round the corner. He's a drinking buddy of my son-in-laws uncle. He told us nothing would change so I think I can relax now, just have to wait for the official hand over. :D

Not sure if uncle is right, Peters grandma is the sister of the new landlords drinking buddy. :dizzy:

Last edited:
Oh that is good news Joan, great that he's a friend of a friend so to speak and all sorted out before Christmas, hopefully now you can carry on regardless. :D

@Bill please tell me you had either onion on the roast beef sandwich or English mustard as they are a must have, I don't like ravioli but am glad that you managed to have something warm and filling even though it wasn't turkey. If it's just for one then I don't blame you not doing all the trimmings. How's you replacement going have you any takers yet or are they still trying to find someone who meets your standards?

As for the diorama (I had to look that up :p lol) we are coming along nicely, the paints going on as we speak...well on the ceiling anyway, the couch is bought and the carpet is ordered. Whoop whoop!

The bungalow went for £71,000 so I think that's about 7% he'll earn a year from us being here, which is more than he'd get if the money was in the bank.

Completion is 5th January 2016, all I need to know is when I stop the standing order to the current landlords and set up the new one.

I don't like onions, but love onion rings, I'm an enigma :) For me mustard with salami, hot dogs, ham, but roast beef and turkey, mayo.

My replacement. Was talking to the CEO a week ago or so, and we got to talking about how the last guy fell apart over the invention clause. He said he was so mad when he heard, we should have just signed him! I said did anyone call him? No. Well, I did , and he's still interested, so he sends us a non disclosure agreement a local law firm wrote up for him, said he'd sign it immediately if it worked for us.

Sent it to CEO, and he and HR person looking it over. 10 days pass, so I call HR person today, and she says the recruiter we hired had found another candidate, and he already has TV and appliance experience (some of our techs fix appliances now too). So if he seems qualified, they want him instead!

So, looks like I may get a replacement after all, may be out of field by Xmas (fingers crossed).

It's funny, I see Johns updates on the construction, and yours. It's really shaping up.

A Guy

The bungalow went for £71,000 so I think that's about 7% he'll earn a year from us being here, which is more than he'd get if the money was in the bank.

Completion is 5th January 2016, all I need to know is when I stop the standing order to the current landlords and set up the new one.

That's great news and not much changes to be made either, that's not a bad return on his money and lucky for you, you know who they are. :D

I don't like onions, but love onion rings, I'm an enigma :) For me mustard with salami, hot dogs, ham, but roast beef and turkey, mayo.

My replacement. Was talking to the CEO a week ago or so, and we got to talking about how the last guy fell apart over the invention clause. He said he was so mad when he heard, we should have just signed him! I said did anyone call him? No. Well, I did , and he's still interested, so he sends us a non disclosure agreement a local law firm wrote up for him, said he'd sign it immediately if it worked for us.

Sent it to CEO, and he and HR person looking it over. 10 days pass, so I call HR person today, and she says the recruiter we hired had found another candidate, and he already has TV and appliance experience (some of our techs fix appliances now too). So if he seems qualified, they want him instead!

So, looks like I may get a replacement after all, may be out of field by Xmas (fingers crossed).

It's funny, I see Johns updates on the construction, and yours. It's really shaping up.

A Guy

Onion rings as in battered or in bread crumbs or do you mean onion ring chips as you call them whereas we call them crisps?

onion rings.JPG onion ring crisps.JPG

I don't like Hot Dogs but get that you'd have them with mustard. I have hot beef with fried onions or roast beef with mustard and salt n vinegar crisp as it brings out all the flavours. Turkey I like hot at Christmas with Cranberry sauce. I like ham with mayo and black pepper that's also a good one to have.

Fingers crossed for you on the replacement, you'll have to look at resolutions to keep yourself trim in the new year if you're not running around all the time. So if he does take over what will your new role be?

Living room is coming together nicely, apart form the fireplace now reminds me of a church altar lol, it's not properly covered yet but it's a little on the light side and too clean looking so we think it needs to go a shade or too darker.

Angie just seen a post on Facebook thought you might be interested, here's the link for the article.
http://www.sugarhero.com/snow-globe-cupcakes-gelatin-bubbles/

Joan, thanks for this they are really cute, after looking at the instructions I decided to do some Google fuing (pronounced foo ing as me and John like to call it i.e. searching the net lol) and I've stumbled across some other things that are similar to these that have pictures so I may have a try at making something similar.

Anything like that send me a link, it's always good to see new ideas.

:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back