What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [2] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:roflmao: Oh yes I buy in bulk, those tins are from last year they're all empty I haven't got round to stocking up for this year yet. :p

Mine and Johns office photo's weren't that good as they had to be careful how they took them, I told them they were not allowed to photograph the computers, I even took my laptop from it's table while they took photo's.

We had the 4 viewings yesterday one after the other and another this morning, they all know it's being sold as an investment property and so far that is what they all want. There's another 3 weeks yet before the auction so plenty of time for more viewings. :eyeroll:

Glad to hear you got your hygiene certificate renewed OK for another 3 years. Hope your friend finds the app useful if she has it.

Very nice Joan. That palce would be $2500+ a month here :shock: Good to see you have a nice place to live :thumbs:

A Guy

Your place is a steal Joan and a very good investment. :D

I thought you had been stocking up already on chocolates so when I spotted them I had to mention them. :p I agree with you regarding having the PC's and laptops not on show, you don't want the whole world seeing your system set up. The pictures look great anyway and show plenty of room so that's really what people want to see, how much space is available.

I've not told my friend about the app yet but she's really getting into crochet and knitting and making things like teddies and puppets etc so it may come in handy for her. We are trying to broaden her horizons and see what goodies she can make. Speaking of which have you finished all your jumpers now for Christmas?

Christmas jumpers for this year are all done, they've got the Christmas puddings. They've not mentioned any more yet, I'm busy doing my own knitting at present so I'm not pushing them.

In some ways our place is a steal but then when you think it's only a glorified garage, it's not standard construction so you can't get a mortgage for it. If you didn't have the heating system it would be back to a freezing wet mouldy building.

Mind you it can't be that bad it's been here since the 60's :D

Christmas jumpers for this year are all done, they've got the Christmas puddings. They've not mentioned any more yet, I'm busy doing my own knitting at present so I'm not pushing them.

In some ways our place is a steal but then when you think it's only a glorified garage, it's not standard construction so you can't get a mortgage for it. If you didn't have the heating system it would be back to a freezing wet mouldy building.

Mind you it can't be that bad it's been here since the 60's :D

Ooh what you knitting?

Your place looks far more than a glorified garage, so am I right in thinking it's a kind of an out building with heating in it? What ever it's classified as it does look lovely and obviously suits you and John. I've seen proper houses costing the earth that are no where near a patch on yours. It looks in very good nick if it's been up that long.

I've been doing a lot of baking today, I did another Orange and Almond Cake and I finally managed to get round to doing my chocolate apples that were supposed to be done last week. Han's just demolished one, she said it was fab.

John's also been helping me with my IT today so we have now managed to set up my youtube channel whoop whoop, we've even done a little video! :dinesh:

It is what is classed as non standard construction, a pre-fab, whereas most houses are built of bricks and mortar and internal walls are usually breeze blocks ours is made from partitions of concrete for outside walls. You then have a wooden framework with a sheet of plaster board fastened to it. All the internal walls are the same wooden frame with a sheet of plaster board fastened either side. Ceilings are sheets of plaster board as well.

You can't have cavity wall insulation as you don't have cavities and they didn't even bother plastering the walls or ceilings so you see all the joins covered in tape.

I've got a couple of summer tops that I'm knitting for myself. Your chocolate apples look yummy and well done you with the IT, you'll have to give us the link for your uTube channel. I watched the video you did for the apples, well done. :D

Last edited:
Ah yes I know what kind of buildings you mean Joan, they built a lot of those in the 60's there were lots of them near where John and I used to live.

Lol, yeah no cavity wall insulation for you, it would all end up round the floor! So how do you manage to retain the heat in them with there being little insulation?

Ooh summer tops, what colours are you doing? Just the thought of it being dry at the moment would do me, it's really hammering down at the moment so the school run is becoming a nightmare; a woman nearly ran me off the road yesterday because she was being impatient and wouldn't wait while I passed her. I think everyone's in a rush to get somewhere! :unsure:

I must agree that the choccy apples look quite good, and have turned out quite well. Han really liked them and I thought they would be a great alternative to the treacle toffee ones so you don't break your teeth on them. :D

With regards to youtube John helped me with the vids yesterday, we did kind of a vine video at first for the choc apples but then I worried about how long it would take the page to load so we tried youtube, John said it was easier and quicker so we did it that way, hence the reason we set up the channel.

John has just put an icon at the bottom of the page for youtube now so you can access the channel there. I have done a mini picture video today just showing stuff that I've made, I've been playing about with stuff on the channel. This has opened up a whole new realm for me, so once I get started they'll be no stopping me! Don't stop me now.....I'm having such a good time lol! :wink:

Here's the link to my youtube channel just in case the icon doesn't work for your for any reason. http://www.youtube.com/c/Helpmebake

Oh you weren't quick enough there I'd already been to the video before I came here and thought it was very good. :p

One top is green and the other is blue.

The insulation is double glazed windows and doors and very thick insulation in the loft, you can't see the joists because it comes over them. It's OK when the heating is on and the doors are shut but it can lose heat quickly if the doors are open. :eyeroll:

Lol, I know no flies on you! :wink:

Are the tops you are making like a knitted t-shirt type (I don't know what you call them :unsure:) or are you making some cardies?

Wow that isn't a lot of insulation really, especially for the size of the house but there's nothing else you can do really. At our old house we had cavity wall insulation because the house was on the corner and exposed to all the elements. The hall was always freezing because of the exposed gable end. Once we had cavity wall though the house was lovely and toastie. But like you say the only thing you can do is keep the doors shut and the heat in. I don't like being cold, I always want to be wrapped up nice and snug although out of being really hot or really cold I'd take really cold lol. I suppose I'm weird that way. :p

Well today's plans have now gone out the window because the workmen are re-laying the road so we cannot get out of the street. I had fun this morning, it took me two attempts and a lot of manoeuvring round machines and stuff just to get back off the school run. The workmen are really nice though, one stopped the traffic for me yesterday on the main road so I could get out and then today another one gave me the low down of what they were doing and when I could get in and out.

Tomorrow I will be out and gone, I have a cake show to get too. :cupcake:

Are the tops you are making like a knitted t-shirt type (I don't know what you call them :unsure:) or are you making some cardies?

One is a short sleeved cardigan, the blue one, the other is a round necked cap sleeved top, so yes that one would be classed a t-shirt but knitted, the pattern is called Time for Tea. :wink:

One is a short sleeved cardigan, the blue one, the other is a round necked cap sleeved top, so yes that one would be classed a t-shirt but knitted, the pattern is called Time for Tea. :wink:

Ooh I like the name of that, you'll have to post pics when you have done them. :D

Today I have been making my toppers for the upcoming workshop Christmas Cupcakes so at least that is another job to tick off my list!

Well today I got a new hoover, I had an Electrolux Vitesse Pet Lover upright which still works great and I have spare bins, filters and a new roller for it but John is not happy with it.

He said for our place a cylinder one would be better so you could get round things. So today I took delivery of a Dyson DC28c I got it from ao.com. I'm hoping he'll be happy with it, hehehe, he'll give it a go tomorrow before the next lot of viewers arrive.

Kelly's going to ask her friends if any of them want my old one but if not I'll but it Freecycle, I'm sure there will be someone setting up home who'll be thankful for it.

@Bill yes indeedy, I think they were a little late to the bonfire! I feel like I'm living in a soap opera this week it's all going on! :eyeroll:

@Joan, I've had to Google all these hoovers! I like uprights but I do love some Dyson hoovers, we have a Dyson V6 (I had to look up which model no it was was lol :p) but I do like the DC28c, you'll to let me know if it's any good as I've looked at them before. I do have a Vax upright which is very heavy, I didn't like the Dyson Ball upright hoover, my mum has one but I didn't like the feel and movement of it so we bought the Vax instead. I use the V6 for whizzing round my hard floors as it's not that great on carpet but great on my tiles and wooden floors, I use it about twice a day!

Was the Dyson expensive, that's my only problem with hoovers it sounds mad but I think 200 plus pounds for a hoover is ridiculous which is why I begrudge paying for it, I think John bought me my V6 as a birthday gift or something.

So has John been keeping the house clean for your next batch of viewers?

Sorry Joan but when you said John has been hoovering it made me think of this....couldn't resist :D

[video=youtube;f4Mc-NYPHaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Mc-NYPHaQ&list=RDf4Mc-NYPHaQ&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch% 3Fv%3Df4Mc-NYPHaQ%26list%3DRDf4Mc-NYPHaQ&has_verified=1[/video]

That's really nice that you are going to freecycle and considering how much hoovers cost I'm sure they will be very grateful.

I got the Dyson from ao.com for £199 John is very pleased with it. He used it today before the next 3 lots came to look, he said he could get in places he couldn't before with the upright. It's got strong suction. I know what you mean about the price, I was dubious about it but John said to go ahead, it's got a 5 year guarantee.

It follows you around very easily and is not too heavy even I can pick it up and carry it. Loved the Queen vid, and yes he does do the vacuuming, I can't do the housework anymore, the only thing I do is cook the evening meal and even that's a struggle.

My Electrolux was just over £70 when I bought it, that's quite heavy. Kelly put the message on her Facebook to see if any of her friends knew of anyone and they did so just waiting for them to collect it. :D

That's a great deal Joan, and even better that John is getting much use out of it. :wink: I know what you mean about the upright not getting everywhere, I use mine because it's more heavy duty than my small Dyson but I still want a hoover that's good for the stairs and getting in corners. I spend my life walking at right angles to get near the skirting boards lol!

Glad you liked the vid, I had too! :p

Aww bless he'll do an even better job of the housework what with all his new tools and accessories! I'm glad you managed to find a home for your other one. I don't think people realise how expensive they are.

Well lots to get through today work wise I'm prepping for the Christmas Workshop on Monday, I've got to get everything done today as I'm off tomorrow and out with a friend. Tick tock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back