What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love that GIF, it made me laugh. I do have regular drivers and also new ones every so often but of course it's so much quicker to shop from the favourites and of course I can only do online shopping these days. I used to love actually going to the shops and meeting people to talk to.
You'll definitely have to put a picture on here of Hannah's Pumpkin.

Lol! I knew you would. 🤣

John's now started on next weeks shop, we didn't get a few of the things we ordered, but the substitutes were okay, so other than the gravy, we're sorted.

The weekly shop for us used to take ages, and then we'd end up going back to the store because we forgot things and then buy more stuff, so it was costing us a fortune. At least online, we can meal plan or get something to go with the meat we get from the local butchers. As for going in-store, it was fine pre covid, but then I'd always ending popping in when my hair wasn't great, or I looked like nobody owned me. Guaranteed then that you'd see everyone you know! 🙄

I have got pics of Han's pumpkin, but not lit; I knew I should have lit it last night. She has done a face on both sides, so I'll post a few of the pics and then get a lit one.

How's the laptop?

I'm looking forward to seeing Hannah's pumpkin.

So far the laptop is going great, I'm using it now, still have a lot to find out about 11 but so-so, nothing to complain about yet. Well just one thing and that's not really the OS.

I use Thunderbird for my email program and have RSS Feeds set up on my 10 laptop, but since putting it on to this laptop I can't get them onto it. I used to have the BBC news feeds for the main site and also the Welsh site but I can't even find any setting on them now to grab the addy for a feed address. I shall have to do some more poking around, I will go and try and see if I can get this site into the feed, haven't tried that yet. :D

I've still not taken a nighttime pic! 🤣 Did you manage to get the site into the feed?

I'm glad the laptop is working out for you! Tomorrow is the big chair day, isn't it?

Yes to both questions, I've got here in the feeds and my craft site but still got to try and find the setting for the BBC sites I have in 10. 🙄

Kelly wants me to send her a photo of the chair so I'll post it here as well, it's going to be busy here as the landlord phoned and said they're coming to service the boiler later in the morning. I don't have a time slot for the chair I've just been told it's between 8 am and 12 midday.

Kelly should have been coming round tomorrow but she said she can't come now as she has to wait in for the council. Her shower has packed in and the council class it as an emergency because she doesn't have a bath, they didn't come today so she'll have to stay at home tomorrow to wait in for them as they are supposed to arrive within 24 hours of it being reported.

I'm definitely enjoying the laptop, still trying to find my way around it, at present I'm trying to find the setting where I can set the folder options and have the 1 click to open things back, I've had most of my machines set that way but of course I can't find the setting on this 11.

A Guy :wink:

Thank you for that Bill I'll go and sort it out in a bit, it's been a very busy day. Got a phone call just after 7.30 am from the people bringing the chair wanting my full address, they arrived about 8.15 am.

Been on and off the phone a lot today trying to sort out transport for Saturday to get my booster Covid jab.

The boiler has been serviced but they were late and I'd had the landlord on the phone a few times finding out what was happening.

Still trying to catch up with my online stuff, let's hope I can have a quieter day tomorrow. 🤪

The one thing we all want to know is how comfy the chair is?

Barry Bonds Hello GIF

Blimey, you have a got a things-to-do list as long as your arm!

Did Kelly manage to get the shower sorted?
Have you got transport for Saturday?
Have you got an appointment for your flu jab yet?
Are you nice and toastie and all sorted with the boiler now?
Did you catch up with everyone online?

Lol! Only answer if you have the time and when you're putting your feet up! 😁

🤣 The chair is OK, I took a photo on my phone and sent it to Dropbox so I could share it here but it has disappeared. I could send it to a mobile number because I sent it to Kelly and she received it with no problem. I thought it might have been this new laptop but I can't even find it on my other laptop and I've never had problems with that before.

Not heard back from Kelly yet about the shower.

I have transport for Saturday, Sue the co-ordinator of Country Cars phoned me back this morning to tell me she had a driver for me.

Haven't got my appointment yet for my flu jab but I can chase it up now everything else is sorted.

The boiler is all sorted and I told them off about not fastening the casing back on properly last year and turning the dial down on the temperature so the radiators were not getting as hot. I had a feeling that the dial may have been altered and would have done it myself but I couldn't get the front panel off, being a newer boiler it was very difficult, even the boiler men struggled. But at least everything is working as it should be now.

I sort of caught up but not properly, but I will.

And before I forget, I love Tiffins, after your post about them I saw that Tesco had a box so I bought one and have just eaten one, yum yum.

🤣 The chair is OK, I took a photo on my phone and sent it to Dropbox so I could share it here but it has disappeared. I could send it to a mobile number because I sent it to Kelly and she received it with no problem. I thought it might have been this new laptop but I can't even find it on my other laptop and I've never had problems with that before.

Not heard back from Kelly yet about the shower.

I have transport for Saturday, Sue the co-ordinator of Country Cars phoned me back this morning to tell me she had a driver for me.

Haven't got my appointment yet for my flu jab but I can chase it up now everything else is sorted.

The boiler is all sorted and I told them off about not fastening the casing back on properly last year and turning the dial down on the temperature so the radiators were not getting as hot. I had a feeling that the dial may have been altered and would have done it myself but I couldn't get the front panel off, being a newer boiler it was very difficult, even the boiler men struggled. But at least everything is working as it should be now.

I sort of caught up but not properly, but I will.

And before I forget, I love Tiffins, after your post about them I saw that Tesco had a box so I bought one and have just eaten one, yum yum.

I'm not a lover of dropbox. Your picture has probably gone to the same place where my phone reply went to you, into the cyber technological abyss! 🤣

I do hope she's managed to get it sorted out; you need the shower sorting, especially in this weather.

Yeah, sort the flu jab.

I'm glad you've sorted the heat and the casing; we've got a few teething problems with ours which will probably iron out. It's with the pressure, so hopefully, it will resolve itself.

And as for Tiffin, I'm glad to be the one to introduce you to it. Han loved ours; I've promised to make her some flapjacks next.

Last edited:
I've only got the free version of Dropbox as I don't take enough photos to make it worth paying for a program. I only take them now with my iPhone.

She has a new shower, she told them they'd had nothing but trouble with it since they'd been in the house. He tried to make excuses but she told him that he had to fit a new shower, he did after going missing for a while while he went back to the debot.

Yes I'm happy with the heating now, the radiators are back to being hot.

I'm glad you introduced me to them, I had another one today, they came in a box of 4, they're in the Tesco Finest Range and I'll definitely buy them again. 😘

Well, I had my booster Covid jab this morning. The driver who was going to come and pick me up phoned to ask exactly where I lived, the whole section of road which includes me has the same postcode, my side the properties all have names and the opposite are mainly numbers.

He arrived early at about 10.45 am, my appointment was 11.40 am. When we arrived he went in to see if someone would come out to do it but didn't see anyone but did see a wheelchair so brought that out. It was very busy as they had walk-in and booked queues. I didn't have to wait too long to get the jab after the question and answer session waiting a few minutes for my name to be called and I was back home about 12.25 pm. All my injections have been the Pfizer and so far they've all been more like a none event.

I've had no reaction to them at all, when Kelly had her first 2 she suffered from feeling ill and having a really bad arm, she was worse with the second.

Glad you have the added protection :thumbsup: I'm looking forward to getting my Moderna booster. Will have about a month after before actually getting together with family for Xmas!

A Guy

Glad you have the added protection :thumbsup: I'm looking forward to getting my Moderna booster. Will have about a month after before actually getting together with family for Xmas!

A Guy
Glad to hear you haven't got long to wait.

Do you stay for a few days when you visit or is it just the day? I'll be going to Kelly's for my Christmas Day dinner, her hubby comes to pick me up and I stay about 2 to 3 hours and then he brings me back home. I can't stay longer than that because of the cats, they'll probably sleep through my absence but I don't like to leave them for too long.

Christmas plans already! Wow, I've only just got past Bonfire night! 🤣

Celebrate Bonfire Night GIF by The Wombles

I'm glad you're all getting yourself sorted with your jabs so that you can meet up with family and friends. ❤️

We went prom dress shopping over the weekend, we didn't buy anything, but we do have a better idea of what we're looking for. The only issue I have is that for someone who takes pictures of everything, I got so caught up with trying to work out what dresses suited Han that I didn't take one photo, which would have been helpful because at least then she could have seen what I saw when she was in each dress. Anyway, not to worry. Hopefully, we shall be able to find the 'one' when we go again.

Same here, we shall also be putting in a family appearance at our local service too. ❤️

Yes, Kelly will take all the children to watch the parade in Tenby on Sunday, her hubby will be marching with the Fire Brigade. Let's hope they don't get a call out to disrupt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back