What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww, I have given up on my to-do lists at the minute as I'd need a to-do list for the to-do list! 🤣 I do, however, have notes on my phone and in my book, so I split myself between them and then get things done out of the two and then daily life stuff that has to be done regardless!

Oh, and then I have reminders set just in case! 😁

Is it the older you get, the more stuff you pack into a day? I thought as we get older, it's supposed to be easier and more carefree. 🤔

Oh, I meant to ask have you done any knitting this year?
No, I haven't, you see that's something else I haven't had time to do. There is a container at the side of my chair with a half-finished cardigan in it and I've not had time to pick it up. 🤣

I keep meaning to do some but before shutting the computer down at night I'll have a game of Klondike or Hidden Puzzle and it's time to go to bed, in fact I've just realised I've not even played them for a couple of nights.

Now I've got to go and sort out for dinner. :eyeroll:

Lol! You're such a busy bee! :bee: I've no idea what Klondike or Hidden Puzzle are. 🤔 See, I'm not down with the kids anymore. 🤣The only games we play are the crossword in the morning before the school run, and that's about it.

As for the knitting, well, at least you've started it, so just chip away at it when you get the chance. The good thing is you're too busy to do stuff which is great because at least you're packing your day with lots of things to do. Ooh, half a cardi might become a trend you could start...you heard it here first. 😁

Wow! I'm a trendsetter, who'd have thought. 😂

Klondike is a version of the card game Patience and Hidden Puzzle is a game that shows you a picture and you have to find certain objects hidden within it, I also play Bubble Witch Saga.

I'm mainly just trying to exercise my brain to stave off any problems in the future plus keep busy so I don't have time to start thinking too deeply and going into meltdown, it's only about 12 days until the first anniversary of John's death.
I do have lots of tearful moments but haven't actually lost it since the funeral. Sorry got to go back later.

grouphug.gif

A Guy

Thanks Bill, I'm ok, I'm feeling sorry for my grandson at the moment. It's Kelly's eldest he's 13 and tested positive for Covid, so he's in isolation and we're all worried about him. He isn't showing any symptoms but being stuck in his bedroom till next Friday Kelly's worried about how it's going to affect his mental health plus there's his asthma to deal with. His brother is having to sleep on the sofa in the living room as he can't go into the bedroom. :eyeroll:

Thanks Bill, I'm ok, I'm feeling sorry for my grandson at the moment. It's Kelly's eldest he's 13 and tested positive for Covid, so he's in isolation and we're all worried about him. He isn't showing any symptoms but being stuck in his bedroom till next Friday Kelly's worried about how it's going to affect his mental health plus there's his asthma to deal with. His brother is having to sleep on the sofa in the living room as he can't go into the bedroom. :eyeroll:

Oh no, that's so no fun, can they not facetime him or speak to him behind the door? I know it sounds ridiculous, but needs must, and any form of contact is better than none as long as he stays occupied and keeps himself as healthy as he can, then hopefully all will be good. Does he have a TV set up in his room to keep him busy/can he drop in on school lessons or have his friends facetime him? At least he's old enough to understand why he has to isolate, though.

Han was in close contact with someone at school recently who had it, so we've been doing daily tests to make sure she didn't have it; the good thing is she's had her jab ahead of schedule, so that was a weight off our mind. Big hugs to you all, and wishing him a very speedy recovery. 😘

Wow! I'm a trendsetter, who'd have thought. 😂

Klondike is a version of the card game Patience and Hidden Puzzle is a game that shows you a picture and you have to find certain objects hidden within it, I also play Bubble Witch Saga.

I'm mainly just trying to exercise my brain to stave off any problems in the future plus keep busy so I don't have time to start thinking too deeply and going into meltdown, it's only about 12 days until the first anniversary of John's death.
I do have lots of tearful moments but haven't actually lost it since the funeral. Sorry got to go back later.

Trendsetter you are! I like the game Patience but don't seem to have any in real life! 🤣 Hidden Puzzle sounds like a game Han used to play, which was Small Things whereby you'd have a picture of a dog that would be built up of lots of little pictures of things, and you'd have to find the objects hidden within the picture, it was a really good game.

Keeping your brain trained is imperative; that's why I do the crossword with Han in the mornings simply to keep my brain active, and it's a great way to start my day.

Speaking of you, though, you've done amazingly over the past year, you've got to grips with the house, you've started planning and working out your move for the future, you've kept yourself busy. You've been chatting with us on here, and you've still managed to have a laugh or two. All whilst dealing with the back end of a pandemic. Hats off to you, honestly, because life's been hard going, but you still muddle through, and even better, you still have time to make sure you're eating good hearty meals with fabulous puddings! 😊

Thank you, she's hoping that his brother doesn't catch it in school in the last couple of weeks. His best friend will be at his granny's and it's his birthday at the end of the month, he doesn't see his friend as often now as his mum moved them to Jersey a couple of years ago when she split from his dad.

His asthma is worse as well so that's another reason to try and stay safe, they tested him again today and he's still showing negative which is good.

I know it's like dodging bullets in school, but unfortunately, this is life now; we just have to hope and pray that they stay safe.
I'm glad he's showing negative, and hopefully, his asthma will improve too.

Han finishes for half term shortly. I take it the kids are finishing a little later than that?

You were obviously posting your message when I was finishing mine. :D

He did have some school work and Kelly got in touch with the school but half the staff are off as well.

He does have a TV and his X-Box, he does spend a lot of time up there normally but then he can usually come down when he wants to but now he can't even do that. He quite often ignores his phone or switches it off when he's up there.

I hope Hannah stays safe, I think next week is the last week before half term for them.

Got to phone my eldest son in a little while, it's his birthday today, he's 55. I feel old when I think about his age, and his sister she was 57 this year. :dizzy:

Yeah, I think we were posting a few things at the same time. 🤣

I think when you want them to spend time in their rooms, they don't want to, but most of the time, they're quite happy to be up there out of the way. As for the phone, yep, I know that one too; I try and announce with Alexa, but we spend that much time faffing about because the volume isn't right; she usually ends up coming downstairs just to find out what I want her for. 😆

Thank you, I'd send her to school in a zorb ball if I could. 😂

Corona Distance GIF by Die Carolin Kebekus Show

She's in her final school year, so any disruptions, especially this year, are a no go. She missed a lesson the other week, and it was one of the most important things she'll learn in maths this year, so she's been trying to play catch up with that. The teacher was great, though and went through it with her.

Happy belated birthday to your son. Did you manage to have a nice chat?

If it was left to Kelly she would keep them home for this short time before half term and it would be a disaster if Connor went down with it. It was bad enough last year with his Grandad dying a couple of days before his birthday but to have to go into isolation just before the first anniversary and his birthday, plus his best friend coming over and he wouldn't be able to see him would be terrible. Even without all that I don't think he would be able to cope as well as his brother shut up on his own.

We agree they have had so much disruption in their schooling they can't afford to miss anymore.

Had a good Facetime session with Mark, plus Tristan his son joined us, he was 23 on the 1st of the month so October is a busy time for family birthdays.

Hope Hannah manages to get caught up with the maths. xx

Oh wow, October does sound like a hectic time with birthdays and anniversaries. They all love Halloween as well, if my memory serves me correctly?

Hopefully, this disruption will be short-lived, and everything will get back to normal soon and they can have some Halloween festivities. 😘

Oh, that's good that you had a lovely facetime with both your son and grandson.

Yeah, Han's cracking on with her Maths; they have additional lessons now after school, so that helps with her practice, and they get to work together in a group so they can go through things.

Final school year? She going into the service? :tongueclosed:

A Guy

No, we've got to look at Colleges for her soon and help her decide where she wants to go and what she wants to do. I can't believe how fast it's come around.

I agree I can't believe the speed the years are flying by, it seems like only 5 minutes that you were telling us she was starting Secondary School. Was it her 11th birthday that she had that first driving lesson as a present, or have I got that completely wrong?

I've been sorting and tidying some more stuff, mainly from around where I sit, it was in a bit of a mess. :eyeroll:

I've bought myself another recliner chair, the one I have is one John bought me from the Air Ambulance charity shop so it wasn't the best fit and I couldn't have the back and footrest work independently. The specs on the one I've bought say they can work independently, which is what I want. I'll keep the old one for now as it will be useful seating to have because I only have my chair and a 2 seater couch in the living room at present. Kelly had John's chair, I think the kids call it her comfort chair.

The new one should be here sometime this week so I thought I'd better tidy my corner up, I've paid for it to be delivered, unpacked, demonstrated and the packing taken away.

I agree I can't believe the speed the years are flying by, it seems like only 5 minutes that you were telling us she was starting Secondary School. Was it her 11th birthday that she had that first driving lesson as a present, or have I got that completely wrong?

Yeah, that's why I made her a car cake.

I've been sorting and tidying some more stuff, mainly from around where I sit, it was in a bit of a mess. :eyeroll:

I've bought myself another recliner chair, the one I have is one John bought me from the Air Ambulance charity shop so it wasn't the best fit and I couldn't have the back and footrest work independently. The specs on the one I've bought say they can work independently, which is what I want. I'll keep the old one for now as it will be useful seating to have because I only have my chair and a 2 seater couch in the living room at present. Kelly had John's chair, I think the kids call it her comfort chair.

The new one should be here sometime this week so I thought I'd better tidy my corner up, I've paid for it to be delivered, unpacked, demonstrated and the packing taken away.

My office is a bit like that at the minute! 😮

Lol! You do make me laugh! When I read the word specs, I thought you were on about glasses! 🤣 Ooh, new furniture well that should be more comfortable for you.

It's nice that the kids have got John's old chair, and you're throwing stuff out as you're bringing new in. I'm glad you opted for the packaging removal; it takes weeks to shift that stuff; there's that much of it.

I'm currently working on images on the site at the minute, I've got banners at the top of the posts but sometimes I don't have a picture large enough to fit into it so John found me a few sites where I can upsize old photos and then place them where I want them.

I've made some Tiffin for Han today. 👩‍🍳

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back