What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Busy day today; we were up early doors this morning for Han to have her hair dyed, and then I went to a lovely flower demonstration this afternoon. Not bad for someone who's been in hibernation for nearly two years! 😊

I bet it felt good to be able to get out, I'm glad you enjoyed your flower show. Just thought, was this for actual flowers or making flowers for cake decoration?

John's Dad was a judge at flower shows, he also grew his own prize winning flowers.

Edible flowers, although I am partial to a tulip! 🤣

It was great to be out, although I thought I was going to be late because we got stuck in traffic, but luckily it was fine. The ladies were lovely and Debbie, the demonstrator, was really funny. I had to stop asking her questions before the lesson because I ended up asking her pretty much everything she was doing. 👩‍🍳 She'd also made some things that were on display, so I'm going to put them on here when I get a minute.

As for growing flowers, nope, never done that. I know my plants in the garden but have never grown flowers. Tell a lie we did try to grow a sunflower once when Han was young, and the slugs ate it, so I never bothered after that. We did have a few Lillies and some Foxglove but other than that, no never really nurtured anything in a greenhouse or anything like that. Is that what his Dad did? I did plant copious amounts of bulbs at the other house but never saw them sprout up.

His dad grew them outside, he grew Dahlias and Chrysanthemums and at certain times you'd see them with bags over the flower heads to protect them before a show.

We always grew flowers, several different types over the years. The only flower plants I have in the garden now are a Fushia bush, Honeysuckle and Cordyline as I don't have to do anything with them.

I have to be careful what I have around because of the cats as many plants are poisonous to them.

I like Dahlias. I potted some of them at the last house; they're really vibrant. I like Fuschias too, but they're deciduous and look rubbish in winter when they go back to stick, which is why I prefer anything evergreen, although that's more plants than flowers. I have thought about planting some winter flowers but have never gotten around to it.

We've never had honeysuckle; I had to look it up to see what it looked like, and yes, obviously, because of the cats, you'd have to be very careful. Han and I actually had a conversation the other day about the berries on certain bushes and who can eat what. We did try having a nut and berry area at one of the other houses, but it never seemed to pan out. Not because we didn't plant them but because the nuts and berries never seemed to grow. 🤣

Got my Moderna booster today. So far slight soreness, no headache or anything yet. 8 month since J&J jab, and some are saying it should have been a 2 dose vaccine all along. With waning effectiveness, and 8 months, I am happy to get a Moderna booster. Should be set to actually visit family this Xmas :D

A Guy

Excellent, I've glad you're all sorted out now. Hopefully, you will have very few side effects. I'm the only person I know that's had it other than you. The booster they're shipping out here is Pfizer, and John's just had his.

As for family, you better start stocking up on Black Friday deals to make up for all the time you haven't seen them. 🤣

Gifts Presents GIF by Sherise Fleming

Will you manage to see all of them?

Just a question are you in the UK because you seem to be working on our time quite a lot at the minute. 🤓

Last edited:
You know me Angie and I told you at the beginning of the month I'd had my appointment for my booster. :D

All 3 of my jabs have been the Pfizer one and I've had no problems with any of them, in fact they've all been more like a none event with no after-effects at all.😘

You know me Angie and I told you at the beginning of the month I'd had my appointment for my booster. :D

All 3 of my jabs have been the Pfizer one and I've had no problems with any of them, in fact they've all been more like a none event with no after-effects at all.😘

Lol! I meant Moderna, not the booster; I'm not eligible for that. 🤣 You're so very, very lucky not to have had any side effects. John and Han didn't either.

I'm interested to find out how Bill is over the next few days after his Moderna jab.

Lol! I meant Moderna, not the booster; I'm not eligible for that. 🤣 You're so very, very lucky not to have had any side effects. John and Han didn't either.

I'm interested to find out how Bill is over the next few days after his Moderna jab.
Sorry didn't realise you meant the actual make of the jab. How much longer have you got to wait till you can get your booster?

Yes I'd like to know that he's OK.

Lol! It's fine; it made me chuckle. I'm not eligible until next year to have any kind of booster, so I'm interested to see how the stats are after Christmas.

I hope Bill is okay with it, I'm sure he will be.

Typing this with my 3rd arm, otherwise no side effects :) Yes, my family is small, my Mom and 2 brothers. My oldest's Sons and family are invited, not sure if they will be coming. My middle brothers daughters and their kids will be there. Since 2 are under 5, and no vaccine, everyone must be vaccinated to come

I am looking forward to some hugs :D

A Guy

Glad to hear you've had no side effects Bill, enjoy your hugs when you get them. As long as everyone is well I'll be going to Kelly's Christmas Day for my dinner. 😘

I'm not one to be in bed early either, I turn the computer off any time between 11.30 pm and midnight I'll then read in bed for a time and it's lights out and settle down about 1 am. :D

Anytime is bedtime now, depending on how my days been and whether I'm tired or not when I go to bed. I don't think I've read before bed since I was a kid.

Are those the books you get from the mobile library?

Yes they are Angie, I read when I first wake up and have my first coffee of the day in bed, trouble is I have to get up and make it myself now. I'll then read a few pages before bed to unwind, the library comes tomorrow so I'm looking forward to seeing what goodies David will bring.

Lol! Really I can't even focus when I've just peeled my eyes open, let alone read!

Cant See Scooby Doo GIF by moodman

I used to love reading when I was younger, but at the minute, I don't get the chance to.

Does David select the books/genres for you, or do you choose your own?

David selects them, he knows the authors I like to read and because of Covid things are done a bit different now.

The service I have is books delivered to my home whereas normally the mobile library stops in a set place and then people go and pick their books. This is what used to happen but it has been scaled down a lot and I don't think the village where I live gets the mobile service now.

David brings me a selection of 6 to 8 books in a brown carrier bag which when picked were put in storage for at least 72 hours before they were brought out to me. I put the books he left before back into the carrier bag they came in and when he gets back to the library with them they are stored for at least 72 hours before being put back on the shelves. Of course everything is disinfected at every stage, including the books, library van and David.

He always wears a mask and doesn't come in the house anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back