What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I've ever had a brownie or even heard of a Tiffin but it sounds like I'd probably enjoy that because of having the biscuit base.

Not done a lot today, tidied up a bit and it was grocery delivery day plus I have to keep my computer going till midnight and grab my Tesco slot. :D

Are they doing Covid boosters there yet? I got the J&J back in March, and should be able to get a booster in the next couple of weeks. They approved mixing and matching so I will request a Moderna. On top of liking the idea of having 2 different delivery method vaccines tests show a 2nd J&J booster increases antibodies 4 times...but the Moderna increases by 72 times! I had a Flu shot today, and doc had me get a Pneumonia shot as well, as an extra precaution I guess

A Guy

I don't think I've ever had a brownie or even heard of a Tiffin but it sounds like I'd probably enjoy that because of having the biscuit base.

Not done a lot today, tidied up a bit and it was grocery delivery day plus I have to keep my computer going till midnight and grab my Tesco slot. :D

Han loves it, so I promised I'd make it for her; this time, I decided to line the tin to tray and make it easier to get out of the tin. Unfortunately, that was a bad idea because the chocolate stuck to the paper, and we had a bit of a faff peeling it off. :eyeroll: I can't believe you have to stay up until midnight with these slots it's ridiculous! We can book ours in advance.

Are they doing Covid boosters there yet? I got the J&J back in March, and should be able to get a booster in the next couple of weeks. They approved mixing and matching so I will request a Moderna. On top of liking the idea of having 2 different delivery method vaccines tests show a 2nd J&J booster increases antibodies 4 times...but the Moderna increases by 72 times! I had a Flu shot today, and doc had me get a Pneumonia shot as well, as an extra precaution I guess

A Guy

They will be, but they haven't been sanctioned yet, that I know of. I know John is happy to get one, and he's just had his flu jab, so I'm sure he will be on it as soon as they become available. I had both Moderna jabs, which knocked me sideways, but John and Han both had Pfizer, and they were fine.

Han loves it, so I promised I'd make it for her; this time, I decided to line the tin to tray and make it easier to get out of the tin. Unfortunately, that was a bad idea because the chocolate stuck to the paper, and we had a bit of a faff peeling it off. :eyeroll: I can't believe you have to stay up until midnight with these slots it's ridiculous! We can book ours in advance.
I can book mine in advance, I have slots for the next 4 weeks. The thing is, I have the same day and time every week and if I just left it and tried to get a slot for the following week there could be problems getting the one I wanted. I'm on the priority list but if I tick that I'd get the day I wanted but there would be a wide time span and I wouldn't know the actual time so it might not be convenient for shopping turning up, especially if I was in the middle of eating.

Doing it this way I get the slot I want, my shopping will arrive on a Friday but the slots for the following free Friday will appear when the time turns over at midnight on the Thursday before.
They will be, but they haven't been sanctioned yet, that I know of. I know John is happy to get one, and he's just had his flu jab, so I'm sure he will be on it as soon as they become available. I had both Moderna jabs, which knocked me sideways, but John and Han both had Pfizer, and they were fine.
I'm waiting to get mine, I had my second jab on the 26th of March, it was the Pfizer each time with no ill effects at all. I've still got to get my flu jab as well, I didn't get it last year. The surgery phoned me about it but I told them I couldn't get there and the nurse had always come out to me but I never heard any more from them and it was around the time of John dying so things were up in the air and I didn't follow it through. I know it's usually later when the nurses get their supplies. I've not heard anything yet this year.

I'm not sure if today is John's Anniversary, so if so, if it is, we're sending you lots of love, hugs and fond memories today.

heart GIF

Did you have any problems with your shopping because John mentioned they were hacking Tesco! :dizzy:

With your jabs, it's worth another call to the surgery especially seeing as it's been over a year. You're also well over the six months for the booster, and I know you should have the flu jab this time of year. John's had his the other week and is now booked in for his booster.

Hopefully, the nurse should come out to you and sort it all out for you, but I know some surgeries are running limited services, so you'd probably have to check to see what they can offer you.

We're on half term now, so I'm not quite sure where the week is going; we're currently sat doing homework at the minute.

How's your Grandson doing?

@A Guy, have you managed to sort a Booster out yet?

Last edited:
Yes it is the anniversary today, I've been keeping myself busy but I know my eyes have been wet all-day so I've tried not to just sit and let my mind take over. What with trying to catch up with emails, take delivery of my dinners and put them away then get on the phone as they'd missed one item I ordered and send 1 I hadn't. :eyeroll:

Took delivery of an order I'd placed on the 10th of August, it was a replacement as the original had apparently gone missing and of course it arrived on the day Paypal would close the case against the seller. :eyeroll:

The Tesco site was back online when I tried on Monday but I wasn't very happy. I do my shopping from my favourite's list but when I clicked on it it told me I didn't have any so it took me ages to add the rest of my shopping to my trolley because when I first book it I only put a few items in the basket to hold the slot.

I've got to phone either the nurse or the surgery to find out about getting my flu jab, Kelly had hers on Saturday and asked about me getting mine and that is what they told her.

It's half term this week here, my grandson is fine now he's out of isolation and never had any symptoms which is good. Kelly finished her charity walk with the puppy today in aid of Cancer.

She's phoned me and so has my eldest son and I got a message to say my new recliner has been shipped and I've bought myself a new laptop. :D

I'm now going to wash the pots then settle back down to watch some more recordings while catching up on the forums. 😘

Yes it is the anniversary today, I've been keeping myself busy but I know my eyes have been wet all-day so I've tried not to just sit and let my mind take over. What with trying to catch up with emails, take delivery of my dinners and put them away then get on the phone as they'd missed one item I ordered and send 1 I hadn't. :eyeroll:

Took delivery of an order I'd placed on the 10th of August, it was a replacement as the original had apparently gone missing and of course it arrived on the day Paypal would close the case against the seller. :eyeroll:

The Tesco site was back online when I tried on Monday but I wasn't very happy. I do my shopping from my favourite's list but when I clicked on it it told me I didn't have any so it took me ages to add the rest of my shopping to my trolley because when I first book it I only put a few items in the basket to hold the slot.

I've got to phone either the nurse or the surgery to find out about getting my flu jab, Kelly had hers on Saturday and asked about me getting mine and that is what they told her.

It's half term this week here, my grandson is fine now he's out of isolation and never had any symptoms which is good. Kelly finished her charity walk with the puppy today in aid of Cancer.

She's phoned me and so has my eldest son and I got a message to say my new recliner has been shipped and I've bought myself a new laptop. :D

I'm now going to wash the pots then settle back down to watch some more recordings while catching up on the forums. 😘

Blimey, I need a sit down after reading all that! 😊

I'm so glad you've managed to keep yourself busy, and considering how many tasks you've had to deal with, you probably had a lovely night's sleep.

Oh no, starting from scratch on the shopping, what a nightmare! Having the favourites section is so much easier rather than searching for everything individually, so I bet that took you a while!

I'm glad you've got a better idea about your jabs, so they need to get sorted when you manage to get a minute.

Yeah, I'm so glad your grandson is doing better and is out of isolation; I bet that's a relief for everybody.

New recliner, new laptop, ooh go you, comfort and style. Did you get the one with Windows 11 on it?

@A Guy, I'm glad you're booked in!

As for me, I'm back at the kitchen table with Han learning/helping with lots of school stuff! 🤓

Blimey, I need a sit down after reading all that! 😊

I'm so glad you've managed to keep yourself busy, and considering how many tasks you've had to deal with, you probably had a lovely night's sleep.

Oh no, starting from scratch on the shopping, what a nightmare! Having the favourites section is so much easier rather than searching for everything individually, so I bet that took you a while!

New recliner, new laptop, ooh go you, comfort and style. Did you get the one with Windows 11 on it?

As for me, I'm back at the kitchen table with Han learning/helping with lots of school stuff! 🤓
I didn't get any more sleep more's the pity. 😂

Yes it did take a while, I was not amused.:angry:

Can't remember now but it is entitled to it so they may upgrade before shipping or I'll have to do it myself, which isn't a problem.

Doesn't sound like much of a half-term break. :dizzy:

Happy with Tesco again, went in earlier and my favourites were back so it was again easy to check my order before it gets delivered tomorrow.

Got a message from the delivery company and they are bringing my recliner next Wednesday morning and a bit later got another text to say Parcel Force are delivering my laptop tomorrow.

It's going to be a busy time over the next few days. :D

Happy with Tesco again, went in earlier and my favourites were back so it was again easy to check my order before it gets delivered tomorrow.

Got a message from the delivery company and they are bringing my recliner next Wednesday morning and a bit later got another text to say Parcel Force are delivering my laptop tomorrow.

It's going to be a busy time over the next few days. :D

Lol! I quickly read the bit about your recliner and got it into my head that the poor postie was bringing it for you. 🤣

I didn't get any more sleep more's the pity. 😂

Yes it did take a while, I was not amused.:angry:

Can't remember now but it is entitled to it so they may upgrade before shipping or I'll have to do it myself, which isn't a problem.

Doesn't sound like much of a half-term break. :dizzy:

Oh no, that's a shame about the sleep.

I'm glad you're now back on track with Tesco!

Yeah, I'm sure you'll have the laptop up and running the way you want it in no time and then you'll be sat all plush in your new chair.

As for half term, I can't believe how fast it's gone by; we did Spanish yesterday.

Well at the moment the new laptop is installing 11 and I got the letter for my booster jab.

I think someone must have been half asleep when they did them, it told me I had an appointment and it was for 11.40 am at the Leisure Centre but it didn't say what date. :eyeroll: I phoned them up and was 38th in the queue, it went down quite quickly though and my appointment is for 6th November, next Saturday, so I've phoned the number they gave me to sort out transport to get me there, just waiting for them to phone me back.

As for Tesco I sometimes have to wonder about some of the people they employ, I ordered a pack of cooked ham, which according to the website when I checked last night was available, didn't turn up and it said that it was available and no suitable substitute could be found. :dizzy: I also ordered 2 small pots of Tesco ready made custard, I started to put things away and looked at the dates on the top and 1 was best before 09 April 2022 which was fine but the other was 01 Sept 2021 I got straight on the phone about it and she has refunded me for both of them and was going to be getting on to the store as it shouldn't have even been on the shelf.

Talk about never a dull moment, it could only happen to me. 🤣

Yeah! Ooh, get you and your Windows 11; you're so posh. 🤣

Oh no, but you have to laugh; maybe they thought you were psychic! 😁 John rang the Doctors the other day, and he was something like 28th in queue, so he gave up!

As for substitutes, I remember once years ago one of the superstores never sent me any bread, like yeah you're telling me then isn't one loaf in the store, :bread: I was that annoyed at the time I nearly drove to the store, :eyeroll: and then other times I'd get random things substituted for my products. One time I had to laugh because they sent us food bags instead of bin bags, and I was like, what am I supposed to do with that? 🤷‍♀️

Sometimes they're really good, though and try and send you things that will help, so most of the time, I don't mind. I think it all depends on the picker. At the minute, we were having trouble getting everyday items because where we get the shopping from the factory burned down, so they're still trying to source things. Overall, though, we are getting a decent shop, so I can live with that.

I am usually happy with the substitutes they send, but I know at times when I've been going through things online and it shows something not available and they show you what you could have instead, well what they show has nothing whatsoever to do with the original. :D

Oh dear that sounds bad, the factory burning down, hope no one was hurt when it happened. The problem that has been causing trouble with the store where my shopping comes from has been going through a major refurbishment so sections have been closed down at times so the pickers have had trouble finding where items have been put. The driver told me as well they're starting to get new pickers in ready to start the run-up for Christmas.

I always shop in person, but look for specials online to make my list. Sometimes things show as not available, but when I am at the store, they have them

A Guy

I am usually happy with the substitutes they send, but I know at times when I've been going through things online and it shows something not available and they show you what you could have instead, well what they show has nothing whatsoever to do with the original. :D

Oh dear that sounds bad, the factory burning down, hope no one was hurt when it happened. The problem that has been causing trouble with the store where my shopping comes from has been going through a major refurbishment so sections have been closed down at times so the pickers have had trouble finding where items have been put. The driver told me as well they're starting to get new pickers in ready to start the run-up for Christmas.

No one was hurt in the fire; it's just the knock-on effect we're all dealing with. Hopefully, they'll get back to full capacity, but at the minute, I'm thankful to at least get a decent shop.

We have different drivers every week, which we find a little bizarre because John's cousin ended up being our delivery driver at one of our old houses.

Yeah, in the run-up to Christmas, the shops/stores are always looking for extra staff.

I always shop in person, but look for specials online to make my list. Sometimes things show as not available, but when I am at the store, they have them

A Guy

A full food shop is my least favourite thing to do, so getting it delivered is a blessing! Mainly because I can check the cupboards while we order, whereas when we used to food shop, we'd buy loads of stuff and forget half the things we needed. We're like Joan we need our favourites! 🤣

As for today, I'm currently sitting at the table watching Han put the finishing touches on her Pumpkin.

Trick Or Treat Dance GIF by DOMCAKE

Last edited:
Love that GIF, it made me laugh. I do have regular drivers and also new ones every so often but of course it's so much quicker to shop from the favourites and of course I can only do online shopping these days. I used to love actually going to the shops and meeting people to talk to.
You'll definitely have to put a picture on here of Hannah's Pumpkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back