What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you had the guinea pigs because I always remember you talking about the veg and bags of food.

Speaking of bags of food, I'm so glad of the shopping this morning; I felt like old mother Hubbard again. We were down to the last slices of bread, milk, cheese etc. It's my own fault because last week I told John we had plenty of stuff in, but it seems this week we've ploughed through everything. I was even bartering with Han yesterday over a glass of milk. 🤣

I still managed to bake a cake though, so that's the main thing! 😁

That was definitely the important thing, getting that cake done, you had to make John a cake just try not to think about the sugar. 🤣

Well, it doesn't matter to me because I'm not having any. 🤣

More cupcakes and more cake! Blimey, I don't think I've ever done this much cake and cupcakes in a week!

Are you saying he will be eating it all himself, mind you I don't blame him, I wouldn't mind demolishing it myself. 🤣

He has been; he's been spacing the slices out, though. I'm supposedly doing another one this week as per his request. I made the topper yesterday, and I'm getting mixed reviews from these guys. John likes it, but Han reckons it needs additional bits adding to it. So at the minute, I'm either going to make a plain Madeira cake with jam in it, or I'm going to do the full-on decoration and hope that it remains in one piece. 🤔

In the meantime, I've made some sweet boxes to get away from all the cake I've been doing.

I'd just been reading about the sweet boxes before I came here, they look very pretty and yummy.

Oh, you've got to go the full-on decoration, but then again it's John's choice and just an extension of his birthday so go with what he likes.

Well I've emptied the junk cupboard and drawer in the kitchen plus all the stuff that was in the desk in my office, the only thing there now is the main phone sitting on the desk.

Nothing for me on the housing list this week, there were 9 properties but none suitable for me and nothing in Tenby. 😞

Thank you, I'm going to make the cake in a minute, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm glad to hear you're still cracking on with the sorting. Have you found anything that you've been looking for and didn't know where it was? Lol! I'm amazed by the things I find, but I'm usually looking for something else when I find them. 🤣

Well, there might not have been anything this week, but that just means you have more time to sort, and you'll be one step closer to finding something even more lovely.

The best things come to those who wait. 🤗

Well, that's what they say. I do like it here and it's only because of my declining health that I need to move as the place is too big for me and I'm too isolated. I'm worried more about the cats than myself, here they have freedom to roam over fields and even though we live on the main road the bungalow is set back from the road and the place is so quiet that there's hardly any traffic going through after teatime, there isn't a great deal during the day compared to Tenby.

When I move to Tenby there will be a lot more traffic and noise and no open spaces for them to roam around.

They may have to/should be indoor cats then? My last cat went from cat door outside access to apartment and he did well

A Guy

They may have to/should be indoor cats then? My last cat went from cat door outside access to apartment and he did well

A Guy
I would be keeping them in for several weeks anyway when I move which is what we've always done with our cats when we've taken them in. The only trouble would be how they'd be in a much smaller place so they wouldn't have so many places to get away from each other, the main problem being Sooty, he's the 18 year old, and very cantankerous.

Put some empty boxes with one open end around. Cats love to "hide" in a box

A Guy
Oh I know about boxes, Willow is fascinated with them, Sooty isn't interested. She also likes cupboards and she's so fast you've only got to be thinking of opening a door and she's there. 🤣

A lot of cracked eggs today, but not a cake in sight! 🎂 They got broken in the shopping and managed to cover everything! 🤨

The weather's a bit rubbish, and I'm a little tired but other than that all is good.

Have any of you guys spoken to @thomaseg1 recently?

I haven't, I can't remember but didn't we get the answer that he was ill or due to have an operation or something when asked before. Maybe someone over at 10 will have an update.

He was looking after his Mum the last time he dropped in, but I asked John if he'd been on the other forums in a while, and he said he hadn't seen him.

I just wanted to check if you guys had seen him and how he was doing.

I'm sure he'll pop by when he gets a chance too.

Peep :)

How are you getting along Joan?

A Guy
I have my good and bad days but I'm still plodding on sorting out what I'll be able to take with me when I eventually move.

Trouble is, as far as in my head I've got the energy to do wonders but when I actually start to do things it's a different matter.

Like this morning I moved a couple of things in my office and vacuumed a small section then got it in my head to go in the kitchen and start to empty my cupboards. I managed to empty half of one and that was it, after receiving a delivery and chatting to the driver for a few minutes I had to go and sit down.

I'll get there eventually but it's very annoying not being able to do things at the pace my brain tells me to. 😂

Yeah, my 86 year old Mom says the same. I keep reminding her she has no schedule, and naps are always good :wink:

A Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back