What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
7lbs 5 oz 20.5"

thumbnail_IMG954474.jpg

Mom is said to be fine. This is her 2nd daughter. I still haven't seen my other nieces son (her 1st child), and it's been more than a year :( Hopefully we'll be able to get together soon, things are getting better here. More than 40% fully vaccinated in CA. In my county, 50% fully vaccinated, and 77% of those over 65

A Guy

Aww, look at her! 😊I do hope you get to have a cuddle with both of them in the non-too-distant-future. Kids change so much in their first years, so it's a shame you're missing out at present, but before long, this will all be a thing of the past, and the new norm will set in. I'm pleased the vaccinations are still going well for you guys. I'm still waiting on my second one.

She's gorgeous Bill and she was a good weight, hope you can get to see her for a cuddle soon. Have you had any of your jabs yet?

Oh yeah, I posted here when I got my single dose J&J a couple of months ago :wink:

My new grand niece, her big sister and my middle brother/grandpa

thumbnail_20210522_141035.jpg

A Guy

Not so sunny here today, we did have a bit but it was more overcast and then it got a bit damp.

Revision week this week, although we're more like Laurel and Hardy! 🙄

stan GIF

I hope you guys enjoy the beautiful weather; well, normal day for you, Bill, but it's the hottest day for us today! 😎

Joan, how are you getting along?

A Guy
Still plodding on sorting out here, still nowhere else on the horizon yet but I have put a bid in for a flat on today's housing list. Another one has come empty which would suit me better so it's just a question of waiting to see what happens. At least keeping busy stops me from starting to brood but I sometimes look around and think I'll never get it all sorted, having to think about going from a 4 bedroomed bungalow to a one bedroom place is a bit daunting at times especially as I can't do much at a time before I've got to stop and recharge my batteries, hopefully I'll get there eventually. 😂

Good :) I can't imagine moving either, I'll do it sometime in the future, but I'll pay someone. Not going to put my 2 older brothers and I to that test, lol. Take care :sunglasses:

A Guy

Still plodding on sorting out here, still nowhere else on the horizon yet but I have put a bid in for a flat on today's housing list. Another one has come empty which would suit me better so it's just a question of waiting to see what happens. At least keeping busy stops me from starting to brood but I sometimes look around and think I'll never get it all sorted, having to think about going from a 4 bedroomed bungalow to a one bedroom place is a bit daunting at times especially as I can't do much at a time before I've got to stop and recharge my batteries, hopefully I'll get there eventually. 😂

Ooh, that sounds promising and that things are still moving in the right direction. It will be wonderful when you're near Kelly and the kids. I do hope you get something that you really like that suits you.

I'm glad you're still keeping busy; you will get there; just do things little and often when you feel up to it. You're cracking on with it, so that's the main thing. Have you managed to get rid of all the paperwork now?

It's the only way I can do things Angie, little and often. The paperwork was one of the first things to go, after getting in touch with the shredding company it was just a case of chucking it all in the supplied sacks and then phoning to ask them to come and collect them.

After clearing John's office I'm using that as the room to put things in that I want to keep. At the moment my office looks as if a bomb has hit it with stuff stashed around the walls and all over the floor. I'm still using it as an office, it's where I have one of my laptops that I just use for my accounts and logging into my bank.

Since getting rid of the desktop computers I don't have any connected to the router via Ethernet cable so I've moved the router into John's office which is more or less in the middle of the bungalow and have both laptops connecting via wireless, I've moved the printer in there as well so both computers can print from it.

Still got quite a bit of stuff I know I'll not have room for in a smaller place and I've not even started on the kitchen yet. :scream:

We still had loads of stuff left over when we moved; I'm still clearing it down now and again when I can. Obviously, we had a few places to keep it before the numerous tip runs and charity donations, but it's surprising how much stuff you accumulate over the years. The garage seemed to take forever, and it's still not properly organised. 🙄

Blimey, what've you got stashed in the kitchen? 😝

It's good that you've set up a central hub in John's office and a clear place to store things, that way, you have a free uncluttered area which will then turn into more spaces that will free up. It then becomes a snowball effect, and before you know it, you'll be all sorted. Either that or you'll need one of those TV guru people who come around and sort it all for you. Now there's a thought. 😁

I'm sure you'll sort your office out, I tidied mine the other day, and now I'm back to square one with it. I'm currently working from the kitchen table with Han at the minute, and it feels like we're back on homeschooling. I'll be glad when her exams have finished, but then we have the summer holidays to contend with. It seems we just start getting back into a routine, and then she's off again.

Well, now back to the marking but before that, I want to know if Bill's a hoarder? 😂

That's one of the problems here, I don't have the room to store things, we don't have a garage and there are no sheds.

The kitchen has 10 wall cupboards and 9 under-counter ones and they're all full, trouble is now because of my spine collapse I can't reach the top shelves in the wall cupboards, they never used to be a problem.

They have all my storage containers, cooking equipment, food, cat food, plus the usual under sink cleaning and laundry stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back