What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my good and bad days but I'm still plodding on sorting out what I'll be able to take with me when I eventually move.

Trouble is, as far as in my head I've got the energy to do wonders but when I actually start to do things it's a different matter.

Like this morning I moved a couple of things in my office and vacuumed a small section then got it in my head to go in the kitchen and start to empty my cupboards. I managed to empty half of one and that was it, after receiving a delivery and chatting to the driver for a few minutes I had to go and sit down.

I'll get there eventually but it's very annoying not being able to do things at the pace my brain tells me to. 😂

I hear you; we can all do nine million jobs in our head, and usually, what starts off as one job quickly turns into two or three. 🤣 I applaud you, though, for getting up and about and having a go, irrespective of how far you get with it. The main thing is you're doing it, whether it be a little or a lot, and you're staying motivated about it.

I agree with Bill though a nap will do you the world of good. 😁

Not much to report this week, other than it's been a bit hit and miss. So in fairness, you've probably had a more productive week than any of us. 😆

I don't nap during the day, I don't have the time, if I'm not up and doing any sorting out I'm sat on the computer sorting out emails and visiting forums, in fact I've even missed out on some of the games I play lately as I get sidetracked by news snippets or searching trying to sort out what new computer to get. Wonder if your @John got any ideas of a decent Windows 11 capable laptop with lots of storage space for about £700 or less, the more less the better. 🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
I've put a link in, but I'll ask him for you. No way are you wanting Windows 11 already. I'm sticking on 10 for now. 😊

I don't nap during the day, I don't have the time, if I'm not up and doing any sorting out I'm sat on the computer sorting out emails and visiting forums, in fact I've even missed out on some of the games I play lately as I get sidetracked by news snippets or searching trying to sort out what new computer to get. Wonder if your @John got any ideas of a decent Windows 11 capable laptop with lots of storage space for about £700 or less, the more less the better. 🤣

I've just had a quick look at there are loads of really good laptops under £700 pretty much everything being sold now is Windows 11 capable, although I'd probably leave it a month or two, and then they will all start showing "Windows 11 Certified" badges so you know they will definitely be compatible.

Thanks John, I was thinking of waiting for a bit but was testing the waters to see what there was out there.

My thinking was that I'd keep my Asus and carry on using that for my banking as I do now and the HP would be my machine for all my usual things, games, forums, emails etc. and a new machine would be for 11 so I could start to get used to it and gradually add some of my programs to it to see how they worked out.

I've finished sorting my office out and started on the kitchen cupboards, well I have got 19 of them to go through.
I hope this will be the last time I have to move, whenever it happens, but at least I won't be accumulating so much stuff being on my own. 😂

After dragging all my stuff up 2 flights...including my rollout toolbox...on the hottest day of the year, I vowed to never move again, lol. Whenever I end up moving again, it will likely be the last time...

A Guy

I had my second jab yesterday, so I'm currently resting! 🥱

@Joan, I can't believe you have 19 kitchen cupboards to get through! 😮

As for moving again, you know what John's like, 🤣 although at the minute we've still got plenty to do at this one, so it should be a good while before he even thinks about it. 😁

Last edited:
Glad to hear you've had your second jab, which one did you have?

The kitchen cupboards, well there are ten wall ones and 9 underneath, I suppose thinking about it I could cut that number down but I was counting doors.

I've only got a couple of top shelves to empty now but I'll have to give them a rest today as it's rubbish day and I'll need as much strength as possible to get that sorted out for collection tomorrow, it's a good job I have doorstep collection.

I think the worst part of having to move is probably because I'm having to do it alone. I've got to go for a while now and sort that rubbish out then I'll be busy sorting out my dinner but I'll be back later. :)

As for moving again, you know what John's like, 🤣
ba0dae91b94598204342484331932f9f.jpg

A Guy

Glad to hear you've had your second jab, which one did you have?

The kitchen cupboards, well there are ten wall ones and 9 underneath, I suppose thinking about it I could cut that number down but I was counting doors.

I've only got a couple of top shelves to empty now but I'll have to give them a rest today as it's rubbish day and I'll need as much strength as possible to get that sorted out for collection tomorrow, it's a good job I have doorstep collection.

I think the worst part of having to move is probably because I'm having to do it alone. I've got to go for a while now and sort that rubbish out then I'll be busy sorting out my dinner but I'll be back later. :)

I've had the Moderna jabs; I got the notification to bring it forward, so I re-arranged my second jab.

As for the kitchen, definitely count the doors; if it's got a door on it, then you know there's something behind it! 😂 It is a shame that you have to have all this upheaval on your own, but at least you won't be so isolated when you do eventually move. The good thing is you're being extremely proactive now and sorting through everything, so when it comes to the actual move, it should be a breeze, and you'll get the added bonus of lots of family visits too. Do you think you would have considered moving closer to Kelly if John was still here?

I hope you enjoyed your dinner.

Today I've decided to work from the couch and try to sort through the paperwork on my lap; I'm also hoping to try and finish off the last photos for my Brownie Review, so then I can start with the write-up. I'm doing well with the typing already, I clicked something on the mouse and managed to lose my post for a few minutes! Wish me luck! 🤣

If John was still here we would not have moved as we both liked it here, that's one thing I'm apprehensive about the move is the noise there'll be compared to here.

The only reason I'm having to move is my health and mobility, if they were OK I'd be alright here on my own as I'd still be able to get about, I have my bus pass, I could still have my shopping as usual delivered but I'd be able to go out and see people and visit Kelly if I wanted to.

Good luck working from the couch, hope you get as much done as you want to. 😘

I must admit the noise was something I really thought about when we moved back to the inner city, especially because where we were before, the only thing you could really hear was the sheep in the fields. However, having moved back and having a major arterial road a stone's throw away from us isn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it would be.

I think the greenery helps a lot, and even though we're not out and about as we normally would be, the change has actually been really good. The people/community are lovely too, so that's also an added bonus for us. 😊

As for the couch, I haven't been as productive as I liked, but I have managed to do a few things whilst resting. I still need to finish my review and sort the accounts, but at the minute, I'm waiting on a few invoices before I can plough ahead. 🤓

It's also Han's last day of school today, so I need to work out what we're going to be doing for the next nine weeks! 🤔

Kelly has her youngest 2 at home now, even though they haven't actually broken up, but it's transport problems again and she is not happy.

I expect I'll get used to it again because I grew up in a city, Nottingham, but each time I moved I'd gone somewhere smaller and quieter, and here is the quietest of them all. 😂

Oh no! I do hope she gets it sorted.

Well, Han's finished now, and instead of a lie in, she left her alarm set and woke up at the normal time! The good thing is she could just turn it off and go back to sleep. 😴

We did the same; the more we moved, the quieter it got. You will get used to it; it's surprising how quickly you adapt to being back.

I'm afraid it won't get sorted, she had Caia in tears the other day because she realised she wouldn't see her friends or teachers again and she couldn't be there to say goodbye to them.

It's somebody being selfish and only thinking about themselves.

Aww, bless, that's no fun, especially for little people as they miss their friends. Are the children going to go to different schools closer to them to resolve the transport issue?

I can't believe how fast school flies! It only seemed two minutes ago since I was walking Han on her first day.

Well Connor will be moving to the comprehensive school as he'll be old enough and Caia will go back to the Tenby school which is just down the road from their home, she'll be a junior as she's 7 in August.
Kelly has said though if she starts to go backwards she will pull her out and home school her. The improvement there was when they were taken out of that school and moved was enormous, they came on in leaps and bounds and she doesn't intend to let all that good work be ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back