What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [5] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoarder, no, but like everyone, I have stuff...

A Guy

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the bit about the school papers. I found my English book the other day. 🤣

That's one of the problems here, I don't have the room to store things, we don't have a garage and there are no sheds.

The kitchen has 10 wall cupboards and 9 under-counter ones and they're all full, trouble is now because of my spine collapse I can't reach the top shelves in the wall cupboards, they never used to be a problem.

They have all my storage containers, cooking equipment, food, cat food, plus the usual under sink cleaning and laundry stuff.

I've seen that with some of the flats, they build cupboards that lower themselves up and down so you can reach them. They did it for a lady who lived underneath my grandparents. It would be fab if you could have something like that in your new place. That way, you'd be utilising all the space.

I agree Angie, I think I've seen something online you can put inside cupboards and they pull down so you can reach. At the moment I've just got a grabber pole to use but I wouldn't trust trying to get anything a bit weighty down from the top shelf with it.

I know what you mean with the ones that rise and lower as it's something you see installed on some of the properties in DIY SOS. Somehow I don't think our council would contemplate something like that, just think of the money it would cost them, they're always complaining about being short of money. :dizzy: :eyeroll:

Yeah, I've seen it on there, but I think one of the councils actually put it in for her. So do you have the inserts that you can pull up and down with your grabber? Like they have in wardrobes where you can unhook it, and the entire section moves to your level?

Lovely day today, beautiful weather 😎 and I even managed to decorate some of the cupcakes I made for my next review. 🧁

My grabber is just a long pole with a handle at one end with a lever you press which opens and closes pincers at the other end. It has a small magnet at the end for picking up anything metallic and a light which helps if you're trying to pick something up from a dark corner or behind something.

The pole folds in half so it doesn't take up so much room. There's a button on the handle as well so you can lock the pincers closed after you've grabbed something.

I've seen the adverts on the TV for those built-in wardrobes that have the rails that pull down to your level, my wardrobe is not that posh, it was a flat pack I had to build myself, it's a 3 door with a mirror in the middle door with 3 small drawers under that door. That will not be coming with me, for one thing it would be too big for a small place and I don't have that many clothes to put in one and there's no way I'd be able to dismantle it and put it back together.

Is it like a litter picker pole? You are very handy with stuff, though, aren't you! 😊

Regarding the wardrobes, they have metal inserts like that for kitchens where you unhook the shelf, and it lowers everything you have on it. They're like metal baskets. I don't know whether I'm explaining them well or not. 🤣

Speaking of you, you were in my dream the other night; you weren't impressed with me because I'd stashed the paperwork away in the cupboard, and you were rolling your eyes at me. I meant to mention it the other day, but I kept forgetting. 😆

Been back on the review/photos/tutorial/decorating again today; the more I do, the longer it gets, so I've started to split it off into sections just to make sure that I'm getting all the valid points. I think because I've made so much with this one, I'm trying to get everything covered. 🤓

Yes I understand what you are explaining and that's what I meant. Are you trying to tell me something about sorting paperwork out with dreaming about me. 🤣 This is a photo of my grabber.
Grabber.jpg

Yeah, we've got one of those, although yours looks much posher. 😊

As for the paperwork, I don't know. I know we were talking about it the other day with your office and everything, so maybe it's playing on my mind. I wouldn't mind, but it was a nice tidy pile of papers and files that I'd stashed, but it's the way you rolled your eyes at me. 😆

I'm still on with this review until John kicks me off the internet again; we're getting a new router today.

I've taken even more pictures again this morning, and my brain keeps coming up with every variation of things I can write, so I better get cracking.

Oh! I'm so sorry for disturbing your sleep. 🤣

I haven't got much more to sort out in my office, I'll then start on the kitchen cupboards. I've got quite a bit of stuff in those I won't use again.

In some ways I'm not looking forward to finishing the sorting out as at least it's keeping me busy so I don't have time to brood. :scream:

Lol! Sleep restored. 🤣

You're doing well with all the sorting; it's like the ultimate spring clean. When I did the kitchen at the other house, I binned a load of stuff, especially my small Tupperware tubs that I'd never used. It turns out that I've found umpteen uses for them now I haven't got them. I do that; I keep things for a while and then think, no, I won't use that and then as soon as I get rid of it, I need it for something.

It's good that the sorting keeps you busy, but once that's done, you can start sorting and planning all the things you'll need and want for your new place, so hopefully, that will keep you occupied for a while longer until you move. Did you hear anything from the one you were looking at the other day?

Back to the review today so some proofreading to follow if you'd be so kind. 🤓

I know what you mean about throwing stuff away then finding you could use it. 😂

The trouble is it's not working out what I do want but what I'll have room for. I'll be going from a 4 bedroom bungalow to a 1 bedroomed property, not sure if it will be a flat or bungalow, I just know it will be a lot smaller.

I've not heard about anything yet, there were only 3 properties on the list this week but nothing in Tenby.

The cats will be going with me and yes I'll miss the wildlife and have to put up with Seagulls and Pigeons. 😂

I know what you mean about throwing stuff away then finding you could use it. 😂

The trouble is it's not working out what I do want but what I'll have room for. I'll be going from a 4 bedroom bungalow to a 1 bedroomed property, not sure if it will be a flat or bungalow, I just know it will be a lot smaller.

I've not heard about anything yet, there were only 3 properties on the list this week but nothing in Tenby.

Do you have a preference for a flat or bungalow, or do you just pretty much get what you're given? Is Tenby where you'd prefer to be?

I do hope you find something that suits your needs and the cats too. Ooh, blimey, I don't envy you on the seagulls, though. 🤣

finding nemo seagulls GIF

I made a Madeira cake today, and yes, in this weather! 👩‍🍳☀️

I'd prefer a bungalow but it depends on what comes up, they will only let me have a 1 bedroom property unless I bid for a 2 bed one and they have no one wanting it, and yes I have to be in Tenby so Kelly can get to me. She doesn't drive and she needs to be able to walk to me, bus fare is expensive especially if you've got 3 kids in tow.

If I was in better health I'd prefer to stay here, it's quiet and the cats have a good area to roam over fields, although they don't go far now, I don't know how they'll settle down in town.

This place is too big for me now and I struggle to look after it and I'm isolated here if anything happens to me like I have a fall or something.

Since John's death Kelly is now my official carer but at the moment she's too far away to help.

I'd prefer a bungalow but it depends on what comes up, they will only let me have a 1 bedroom property unless I bid for a 2 bed one and they have no one wanting it, and yes I have to be in Tenby so Kelly can get to me. She doesn't drive and she needs to be able to walk to me, bus fare is expensive especially if you've got 3 kids in tow.

If I was in better health I'd prefer to stay here, it's quiet and the cats have a good area to roam over fields, although they don't go far now, I don't know how they'll settle down in town.

This place is too big for me now and I struggle to look after it and I'm isolated here if anything happens to me like I have a fall or something.

Since John's death Kelly is now my official carer but at the moment she's too far away to help.

So how are you managing with the day to day then at the minute? Yeah, bus fare for the four of them would definitely get expensive.

Fingers crossed, you get something that suits all your needs and is close by to Kelly. I'm sure the cats will miss the fields to roam in, but I'm sure they'll adapt. We have loads in our garden, and according to the neighbourhood all the cats around here get fed by everybody, so I'm sure it'll be the same for yours too.

I finally finished a cake today; it's a bit rustic, but that was the whole point of it; I'll post it tomorrow. Busy week ahead, so speak to you guys soon.

I'm not doing too bad, I have to take it slow but to be honest everything is so much cleaner and tidier without John around. As there's only me there isn't as much washing and as my meals are just out of the freezer into the microwave and onto the plate means there aren't as many pots to wash, it also means they get washed in hot water. 😂

Oh, just the cats then? You used to mention veg for others

A Guy
That would be when there were guinea pigs here, they all gradually died of old age and Kelly had the last couple when John died as I couldn't manage to look after them. After all the ones we had there is just 1 left now, one of the boys, I think he was probably one of the youngest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back