What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch! I had mine pulled in my 20s, went back to work after. All my friends went home and moaned for days. Your teeth must have been pushing on ones next to them or something

A Guy
Same here Bill, along with the rest of them. :scream:

Had two wisdom teeth pulled Thursday and my jaw still hurts.
I didn't know they would bother doing that after the age of 60.
All the girls are out shopping so I'm sitting here moping looking
at a German chocolate cake I don't dare eat.
Hope you don't hurt as much now, wisdom teeth can be horrible things to deal with, you've done well to still have them.:)

A little revenge this morning while my jaw was stiff it wasn't throbbing so
I figured I could handle a piece of cake only too find they had eaten every bite.
So I made peanutbutter and pecan cookies and popped them in the oven
at 5 am :smilingimp:. and just let the fumes move through the house.
The odor of baking cookies will wake the dead, at least at my house:)

View attachment 4985

That doesn't sound good Joan :(

A Guy
I know, he said he felt as if he'd hit something in the road when he was nearly there but at the time things were ok. The drive home started off alright but then a couple of miles from home the car felt wrong and when he got back the rear passenger side tyre was flat.

Called the recovery people Saturday morning and they came and put the car on the back of the truck and took him to the tyre place.

So it was the flat one, the front passenger had a split and the drivers side had problems so 3 replacements fitted for £144 and after getting it out the workshop he couldn't drive it as it wouldn't turn.

After a couple of suggestions what it might be it turned out to be that the system needed to re-boot itself.

Why is it you can't just buy a normal car now and not have to put up with having to deal with another computer to be able to drive, I mean it took him a year to finally find out how to turn the radio on. 🙄

Lol. I went from a 1995 analog car to a 2016 digital car, I know what you mean

PlTKM36.jpg

A Guy

Yes, he went from a late 2001 Hyundai Amiga to a 2012 Fiat Punto. If you do something or forget to do something you either get a flashing light or it tells you you've forgotten to do this or that. The other day he got in and it told him the road was icy. 😂

It's alright having this new technology but if something goes wrong and you're in the middle of nowhere you're in trouble.

As long as you can get in the car, and it gets you from A to B and plays the radio I'm fine. I don't do gadgets; John plays about with stuff all the time. I gave up after the automatic high beam wouldn't turn on when I wanted it to on a dark country lane. I'm quite happy doing stuff manually although I do embrace a bit of tech now and again.

It always gets me at the minute when the car tells us it's cold outside, the funny thing is it still does it at the same point after we get off the motorway.

I think he was at Kelly's picking the kids up when it told him it was cold. Hasn't gone today, woke up this morning and his wrists were playing up so no driving but he doesn't usually do Tuesdays so it was OK but he's not doing tomorrow either to try and give them a chance to heal more, trouble is now it's getting colder he will just have more of these days, rheumatoid arthritis, so when I said that to Kelly she just said, well it just means the kids will have the winter off school. 😂

I think he was at Kelly's picking the kids up when it told him it was cold. Hasn't gone today, woke up this morning and his wrists were playing up so no driving but he doesn't usually do Tuesdays so it was OK but he's not doing tomorrow either to try and give them a chance to heal more, trouble is now it's getting colder he will just have more of these days, rheumatoid arthritis, so when I said that to Kelly she just said, well it just means the kids will have the winter off school. 😂

Aspirin, and hot cloths , works for me , take a wash cloth steeped in as hot of water
as he can stand , reapply as necessary.
I have this tank of mineral oil and paraffin I dip my hands in.
I have to dip them several times to get a good coating of paraffin on them
then about 15 minutes letting the heat travel straight to the bone.
Feels fantastic after.

Aspirin, and hot cloths , works for me , take a wash cloth steeped in as hot of water
as he can stand , reapply as necessary.
I have this tank of mineral oil and paraffin I dip my hands in.
I have to dip them several times to get a good coating of paraffin on them
then about 15 minutes letting the heat travel straight to the bone.
Feels fantastic after.
He already has to take Aspirin every day for his heart problems and he has a heat treatment to apply when it flares up, which it will more often now it's getting colder. It's his wrists, elbows and shoulders where the problems are. A lot of his problems are age-related and heredity.

I retired at 60 due to Arthritis.
Hot cloths Will ease it somewhat by soothing the muscles around
the joints . Ask his doctor about a strong Menthol based cream as well.

I retired at 60 due to Arthritis.
Hot cloths Will ease it somewhat by soothing the muscles around
the joints . Ask his doctor about a strong Menthol based cream as well.
The doctor had told him that his would require cortasone injections to treat it.

Glad I didn't miss this, Happy Birthday Thomas, wishing you many more to come. 😘 :shortcake: :beercheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back