What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, what a fun morning. I went down early (I thought) to the dmv
(dept. of motor vehicles) to get my 2020 tag.
after standing line for 20 minutes She gave me a handicap tag :disappointed:
which I have been avoiding for years.
She wouldn't accept the argument that there folks worse off then me.
She said that I'm listed as 32% disabled and that requires the tag.

Do you get any special concessions with having one?
Other then parking spots, not really

I know you guys don't like the DMV from what I hear, but on the bright side, you're still two thirds fully functioning, 🤗 and you get to park near the stores with wides spaces, how cool is that! :cool:

We went to collect Han from the cinema the other day and had to circle to the other side of the car park because they have put about 20-30 spaces near the entrance just for disabled parking (which are always empty). I know people who would pay good money for one of those badges. :p

Hope you guys are getting into the festivities, I still cannot believe it will be Christmas on Wednesday! 🙈

Trouble is that over here quite often you'll get people who aren't disabled taking the spaces.
Our system is the blue badge which you are supposed to have showing on your windscreen.
Got my normal Tesco delivery yesterday so I'm ready for Christmas, there's only the 2 of us so a quieter one again.

Trouble is that over here quite often you'll get people who aren't disabled taking the spaces.
Our system is the blue badge which you are supposed to have showing on your windscreen.
Got my normal Tesco delivery yesterday so I'm ready for Christmas, there's only the 2 of us so a quieter one again.

John has just nipped to the Farm Shop to get the last bits of meat we need. He's gone early because he mentioned about 2-hour queues around the local supermarkets. I'm not surprised really as we nipped to Tesco the other day late on, and that was also rammed.

I've no idea what I have and haven't got so we shall have to make do. :D

Very true, I can usually rustle something up as long as we have something in, but sometimes we just have to wing it. :D

I'm currently working through the household chores at the minute so that's keeping me busy.

At the moment I'm sitting here eating walnuts and brazil nuts while the last of the washing is drying but I've now got to go and cut up the veg for the pig then sort out ready for our evening meal, be back later. 👍

Aww how cute, I'll bet they'll love them!

At the moment I'm sitting here eating walnuts and brazil nuts while the last of the washing is drying but I've now got to go and cut up the veg for the pig then sort out ready for our evening meal, be back later. 👍

Every time you say Pig I honestly think you have a Pig roaming around the garden. 😂

Every time you say Pig I honestly think you have a Pig roaming around the garden. 😂
🤣 It's a good job we haven't, the gardens not big enough, our pig is probably about the size of a newborn piglet, just got the 1left now and it's one of the younger ones so could be around for a couple more years. :D

Just another quiet day for us, just finished watching Christmas Bake Off and switched over to watch a nature program on Eden, oh and I'm eating chocolate raisins. 🙃

Hope everyone has had an enjoyable day. Not been on the computer much today, had cramp in my hands too much and think my son is going to Facetime in a minute so be back later. 🙂

I'm glad you've had a chilled day and a catch up with your son. Will the grandkids be coming to see you at some point?

Chill day today, we're supposed to making some models, but Han's not out of bed yet, and we've been saying we'll do it for three days. I'll post some pics if we ever manage to make them. :p

Well I up, still tired from yesterday, Just having leftover ham and cheese on toast this morning.
Shelly was pleased with her Big girl's bike (with training wheels) and tired herself out by
noon 😊, Me I was tired by nine am :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back