What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah! Thanks, Bill, so glad I'm not on my own. 😍

No not tried it yet, leaving it till tomorrow when I don't have to do any cooking for others. I love fish, apart from muscles, we have it at least twice a week. It has to be frozen as we don't have a fishmonger nearby so can't buy fresh.

You don't know what you're missing not having it; it's very good for you. 😂

John keeps eyeing up the fish guy when we got to the farm shop, but I couldn't stand the journey home with fresh fish so it definitely won't happen. John has to eat copious amounts due to his heart. I never had fish as a kid, so maybe if I did, I'd like it. My nephews eat all sorts of fish, but me and Han don't touch it. I know it's good for you and I did try Tiger Prawns once cooked straight from the sea, but it's the fishy undertones that my pallet doesn't like. Cockles and mussels are just slimy, forget oysters and kippers and all those things no, no and no. I just like simple foods, fish is fancy. 😂

Fish isn't fancy it's a staple food. 😂

I like sushi, well the pack he bought me I do, still have a couple of them to eat but the ones I've eaten I really liked. Salmon and prawn both on a bed of rice, some salmon wrapped in seaweed outer layer and one I've not tried yet but it's a soft cheese and red pepper California roll.

I love kippers and cockles, not had either for some time, I do not like mussels though, we used to have them when I was growing up and I didn't like them so haven't touched them since.

I don't know why you'd be worried about travelling home with it, fresh fish doesn't smell. :D

Not for me. 😂

Posh people order it at restaurants, I've always wanted to order a Lobster (Daryl Hannah in Splash) because they look great in the movies, but it's wasted on me.

Seaweed! That belongs in the sea that does. 🤣 See, now you really are talking posh food. What's wrong with bangers and mash or chips, egg and beans? Like I said I like good stodgy, simple foods.

Liar! Fresh fish does smell; I can smell the stall when I get out of the car. I hold my breath until I'm past it. 😁 I can't even have anchovies on Caesar salad. 🤣 😂 😁

Well, I'm not posh and the nearest I've been to a restaurant is a pub meal a couple of times a year for birthdays and it's been years since we've been for one. I've never had lobster or those fancy expensive fish.

I've never had anchovies or Caesar salad, nothing wrong with bangers and mash or chips, I make chips 2 or 3 times a week. Sunday dinner tomorrow is sausage casserole and dumplings, I love dumplings.

It was the first time I'd wash my hair myself since it was cut short and it was so much easier being shorter. It was still wet as I'd not long been out of the shower.
Short again.jpg

Tease :wink:

I had fish once I liked. We had just caught it and an uncle breaded and fried it...of course I was starving :) People laugh when I say it looks good, but then it doesn't taste like chicken. Life is too short, so I get actual chicken :D

A Guy

I agree Bill, there's nothing wrong with chicken. I do admit that some fish dishes look fabulous I just can't eat them. 😂

It was the first time I'd wash my hair myself since it was cut short and it was so much easier being shorter. It was still wet as I'd not long been out of the shower.
View attachment 5064

Sexy lady, looking good there Mrs, I like the cut it suits you. 😍

Well, I'm not posh and the nearest I've been to a restaurant is a pub meal a couple of times a year for birthdays and it's been years since we've been for one. I've never had lobster or those fancy expensive fish.

I've never had anchovies or Caesar salad, nothing wrong with bangers and mash or chips, I make chips 2 or 3 times a week. Sunday dinner tomorrow is sausage casserole and dumplings, I love dumplings.

No way have you not had a Caesar Salad, the restaurant we used to go did it. When I first went, I had anchovies on my salad because I didn't realise what they were. Never made that mistake again!

So with your chips, do you deep fry them or oven them? We have to oven ours, but I love chip pan chips. John used to have the most dangerous chip pan, but I'd boil that oil upon the gas stove and make the most amazing chips and chip butty. 😊

Yep, it's Monday, (I sometimes wonder if it's an age thing or just me) I got to Saturday and wondered what day it was but Han's back at school, so my timetable is back to normal. Happy Monday, guys. 😁

When you have to rely on your child to work out the days of the week.

I've still not embraced my thought calendar, that's on last Wednesday I think. 😆

So with your chips, do you deep fry them or oven them? We have to oven ours, but I love chip pan chips. John used to have the most dangerous chip pan, but I'd boil that oil upon the gas stove and make the most amazing chips and chip butty. 😊
I have an electric deep fat fryer and double cook my own cut chips. Cook them first at about 160° then lift the basket out to drain and turn the heat up to 190° and cook again until nice and crisp but still soft inside. I don't peel the potatoes but just scrub them and use my chip cutter on the chunky size.

My fryer has a container underneath so by turning a lever the oil drains out the bottom through a filter so you can re-use the oil for longer because all the bits are filtered out.

No never do anything twice unless I have to, I do it in one go. We had chippy chips the other day which were lovely, I don't do much salt, but I love it when the chippy cover them in salt and vinegar. Oh, my word I'm salivating just thinking about them. 😋

I do all the time or should I say don't do it lol! No, I don't add salt, I like pepper more especially in Potato ash, Sunday dinner and on my vegetables. I also like it with ham and mayo.

John likes pepper, he never uses salt, for a while now he's been using Paprika sprinkled over his food. I like salt but I will use pepper if I'm having scrambled eggs, that's the only time I use it.

John likes pepper, he never uses salt, for a while now he's been using Paprika sprinkled over his food. I like salt but I will use pepper if I'm having scrambled eggs, that's the only time I use it.

I can't remember what we used to use paprika in; Oh hang on I think it was for Hungarian Ghoulash that I used to make in the winter. We haven't made it for a while, I used to make it in the slow cooker along with some soups, but I haven't been interested in having them lately.

Hi @thomaseg1 I haven't made chilli for years, but I don't think I would put pepper in it, well not that I can remember anyway.

I don't have a slow cooker and I don't make my own soup. The only soup I have is Heinz Oxtail soup and John has a supply of 4 varieties of Batchelors Cup a Soup. The boxes have 4 sachets in each is a portion, not for John it's not, he always does 2 at a time so he has a bowl full when he has soup for lunch.

Lol! I like John's style; I usually have minestrone cup-a-soups or cream-of-vegetable and dunk bread in my cup. I've only just realised that I only dunk with bread. I don't do biscuit dunking in tea because that's just wrong. 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back